Author Topic: Memorial Ride  (Read 2027 times)

Offline snarf

• Arena
Memorial Ride
« on: August 10, 2013, 08:02:23 PM »
Four years ago our small town lost a very brave young man in Iraq
Today was the third annual memorial ride. Good turn out, 125 bikes.
I was saddened to find out that this year was a poker run.  People please do not drink and drive.
Three bikes tried to share the same space while traveling at 60 mph.
Two of the bikes were couples, all three bikes had zero protection on. One of the females was wearing short-shorts, tank top, and flopflops.
Cheese grater pavement....

Bad things happen when you drink and wear no gear.

You may even get a helicopter ride...

I'm not a safety cop; just be careful out there. All are expected to live. Four out of the five had serious head injuries. They just don't make bandanas like they used to...

2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: Memorial Ride
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 09:01:29 PM »

Two of the bikes were couples, all three bikes had zero protection on. One of the females was wearing short-shorts, tank top, and flopflops.

:loco:

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 10:13:06 AM »
many times when I see a bunch of Harley's there's a bunch of beers involved =(
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Tim

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 04:55:26 PM »
If I'm riding solo on a poker run I might have a cold beer as in 1 with something to eat someplace along the route. If I have a passenger it's iced tea all the way. And generally if I have a passenger, I like them a lot and don't want to do something stupid.

I also like riding at least 2 seconds behind the rider in front of me. This gives me a little time to react if need be.
I don't always ride a street bike. But when I do, it's a Concours. Ride safely my friend.