Author Topic: cat repellent?  (Read 6131 times)

Offline Toxz Qwaste

• Arena
  • stuff & things
cat repellent?
« on: August 10, 2013, 01:29:04 PM »
There's a cat in my neighborhood that keeps pissing on my machine. I store the bike in a shelter so its easy for any furry little creature to get in. Had to take the Walkers off to remove the spots etched into the aluminum. My neighbors tell me that he has also sneaked into garages, sheds and in one case a home and made his mark.
I'm prepared to give this little ***hole a serious and permanent case of lead poisoning. If anyone has any better (for the cat) ideas I'd like to know.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: cat repellent?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 01:36:09 PM »
before you make an animal suffer with poison there are better ways. My vote is seal the bike better but if you're going to kill the poor thing....

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline JoeRau

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 01:41:41 PM »
They don't seem to like pepper spray much either.  But I'm a fan of the fist method too.
2012 C14.  Black
COG member 10990

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 02:20:15 PM »
I've used this before to keep them out of my flower beds...

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Homemade-Cat-Repellent
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline Toxz Qwaste

• Arena
  • stuff & things
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 02:32:05 PM »
before you make an animal suffer with poison there are better ways. My vote is seal the bike better but if you're going to kill the poor thing....

That's the kind of lead poisoning I was talking about ;)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2013, 02:42:12 PM »
I think you should rig a spring loaded mat activated by cat ****.  I would then call it a cat-a-pult.  Or you could rig some metal with electricity and then the next whiz goes bang...  I'm of course not advocating any action that would truly hurt it but a good scare never hurt anything....right?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 03:00:47 PM »
My Dad found a cure for a cat p__s___g on his garage door.
NOTE: Dad was a Model T Ford nut.
He put a piece of metal on the door and on the ground, and wired a Model T coil to it.
When the cat did his deed, he completed the circuit and received the voltage that goes to a Model T Spark plug. (about 25,000 volts).
The spark went directly up the err liquid path.

That cat NEVER EVER p____d on Dads garage again..   :o

NOTE: Spark plug volts are high volts, not high amperage.
          It won't  kill ya, but it will make you wish you were dead.
          If anyone has ever touched a spark plug, you'll understand.

Ride safe, Ted

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2013, 05:23:43 PM »
My father in law did something similar to a dog that was doing the same thing at his service station....   The dog got the hint.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2013, 06:53:32 AM »
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2013, 07:07:33 AM »
 8)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2013, 11:30:24 AM »
Shudder...

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2013, 12:16:26 PM »
As someone who is owned by two cats I don't agree at all with harming the animal.  He's just trying to find a space to call his own and mark it.  Does he have a home or is he feral?  Most animal shelters/rescue facilities have Havahart type safe traps they will loan you so you can capture him and take him in, perhaps someone will adopt him. 

http://www.havahart.com/store/live-animal-traps?gclid=CO_J69__9bgCFc57Qgod7VIA6Q
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2013, 01:50:31 PM »
While I use the lead additive/shovel method around my house, what nosmo said has merit if you choose that route. Many cities have done away with animal control officers and now sometimes have traps for residents to use, but I see them getting away from that due to liability issues as neighbors may take issue with you trapping their so called "pet" that roams around marking its territory. As he said, ask the local pet shelter or the city.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline shreveportSS

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2013, 03:13:22 PM »
2011 Concours 14
2011 ZX1000GBF Ninja. Died Dec. 1st, 2012
2012 ZX1000HBF Ninja.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2013, 03:26:32 PM »
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline shreveportSS

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2013, 04:03:18 PM »
That's a fine dog face.     :thumbs:
She is a great cat repellent
2011 Concours 14
2011 ZX1000GBF Ninja. Died Dec. 1st, 2012
2012 ZX1000HBF Ninja.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2013, 06:34:05 PM »
Nail the kitty with some of this in the face, it will learn I bet.

2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2013, 09:21:38 PM »
Are you leaving your mark on the bike's wheels first? That will cause the cat to do the same thing- it is all about territoriality, and the cat is just trying to be 'top dog' as it were.

;D

Brian

There's a cat in my neighborhood that keeps pissing on my machine. I store the bike in a shelter so its easy for any furry little creature to get in. Had to take the Walkers off to remove the spots etched into the aluminum. My neighbors tell me that he has also sneaked into garages, sheds and in one case a home and made his mark.
I'm prepared to give this little ***hole a serious and permanent case of lead poisoning. If anyone has any better (for the cat) ideas I'd like to know.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2013, 09:30:09 PM »
If you do manage to catch the little fellow, you can always use this cat carrier to bring him home to his proud owners:

http://www.thingiverse.com/image:87124

;D

Every once in a while I 'catch' a neighbor's cat in my garage. I know this because the thing that runs out of the garage in the morning, going just under the speed of light, looks a lot like a cat would if it could run that fast. I think the cats meanders into the garage when I leave the garage door open and then gets stuck when I remotely shut the door at night. No damage anywhere in the garage that I know of but the cat certainly seems to be in a hurry to be somewhere else. It cannot learn though 'cause I have caught it at least 5-6 times so far....

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2013, 09:35:04 PM »
Nail the kitty with some of this in the face, it will learn I bet.

It won't learn anything.  It WILL be blinded and most likely suffer chemical burns to its mouth and ears.  There is not reason to torture the poor thing.  It is only doing what nature has made it do.  Anyone who preaches harming it just to make it suffer is just wrong.  And might find themselves up for charges of animal cruelty if found out.
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.