Author Topic: Winshield won't adjust **Update**  (Read 2272 times)

Offline bhodge10

Winshield won't adjust **Update**
« on: August 08, 2013, 11:36:09 AM »
Since it looks like the previous thread was locked, I've created this new one, so everyone play nice! :-) 

I just got a call from the shop, the Windshield Motor Assembly is junk, it is going to be covered under warranty. I do not know if the aftermarket windshield was ever brought up, but Kawasaki has approved the warranty work so the parts are on order, as well as both TPMS batteries.

Now I just need to wait about 7-10 more days before I get it back, can't wait.

Oh if anyone is curious, I asked them what the rough cost of the motor was and they said about $700 and that's just parts and not including labor.

Offline Conrad

Re: Winshield won't adjust **Update**
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 11:38:05 AM »
Good to hear that you're covered.

FYI, the dealer will not replace just the TPMS batteries but they will replace the entire sensor.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 11:39:40 AM »
Since it looks like the previous thread was locked, I've created this new one, so everyone play nice! :-) 

I just got a call from the shop, the Windshield Motor Assembly is junk, it is going to be covered under warranty. I do not know if the aftermarket windshield was ever brought up, but Kawasaki has approved the warranty work so the parts are on order, as well as both TPMS batteries.

Now I just need to wait about 7-10 more days before I get it back, can't wait.

Oh if anyone is curious, I asked them what the rough cost of the motor was and they said about $700 and that's just parts and not including labor.

Glad its being taken care of, great news.

You suspect the Windshield Motor Assembly is really junk, or perhaps yours was a lemon?  Why I ask is I have over 79,000 miles on my '10 with the biggest Cee bailey winshield available and its been great?  I have the extended warranty if it does crap out though.
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 11:41:05 AM »
 :thumbs:

:o
2011 Concours 14 ABS
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶2̶R̶D̶  SOLD

Offline bhodge10

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 11:44:37 AM »

You suspect the Windshield Motor Assembly is really junk, or perhaps yours was a lemon?  Why I ask is I have over 79,000 miles on my '10 with the biggest Cee bailey winshield available and its been great?  I have the extended warranty if it does crap out though.

The shop said the motor was junk which I presume to mean fried or something. I have 22k miles on the bike so I just figure it just went bad.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 01:37:50 PM »

Steve, I would think that it was just one of those things...weak from the plant and it eventually let go.  If aftermarket windshields were the cause I would think that we would see a lot of failures and we just don't.  The ones we've seen here have been related to the tracks and not the motors.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 01:39:06 PM »
I understand now, thanks =)
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline PH14

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 07:51:10 PM »
Great news, thanks for the update!  :thumbs: