Author Topic: Winshield won't adjust  (Read 9032 times)

Offline bhodge10

Re: Winshield won't adjust
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2013, 01:50:14 PM »
I haven't had a chance to have it looked at yet. I don't know if I want to give up the bike a couple of weeks right now when it is mostly good riding weather.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2013, 06:17:17 PM »
great excuse to purchase another bike  :D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline bhodge10

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2013, 08:41:14 AM »
I could only wish.

great excuse to purchase another bike  :D

Offline bhodge10

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2013, 12:40:47 PM »
Well I decided to take the bike into the shop as I'm going on a trip to the Dragon in September so it'd be nice to have the windshield working for the long highway trip. The service rep didn't make any comments about the aftermarket windshield itself but we'll see if it becomes an issue or not. Real crappy part is its going to take about a week and half just to look at it and then another 3 or 4 days to get parts. So no riding for me for a couple of weeks  :(. I'm also having them look/replace the TPMS batteries as they have both flashed at me even during warmer days.

Offline CrashGordon

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2013, 07:34:55 AM »
Let us (me) know what they find. You're symptoms are identical to mine.

Offline Bosco

• Arena
  • USA
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2013, 03:39:34 PM »
I had this happen to me several times. The shield would stick in the full down position. I came upon a fix by accident. I was frustrated and physically moved the shield up. Low and behold it worked after that. Mine would work for a while when I moved it by brute force. Grab the shield and force it up about an inch or so. Now try it with the switch. That would fix it for me. Once it happened several times I started leaving the shield just off of full down position and it stopped being stuck after that.

This is what worked for me, may not work for you, try if you dare.
1999 Concours Sold
2009 Concours ABS

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2013, 04:47:47 PM »
What type of attorney was she divorce or ambulance chasing injury lawyer? If she didn't deal with what's being discussed when she was an attorney then her interpretation isn't really any better than anyone else's. And the MM act doesn't say you have to use an exact copy of the OEM part when using an after market part. 
Btw you would have to be an idiot to stick on a 40 pound 6ft wide shield.
I'll cut you some slack because you don' t know me, maybe you might want to ask around.
I was the former tech editor for COG for a couple years, and have a grasp of the sit-rep on this stuff...
As for my wife, who you clearly intended to insult, for clarity was a defense lawyer,and when that became a hassle worked for surpreme court judge william k. Thomas trying asbestos cases in florida and texas.

Gfys.
If you have to ask what that means, you really don't wanna ask.

Good day sir.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2013, 05:00:50 PM »
Well I decided to take the bike into the shop as I'm going on a trip to the Dragon in September so it'd be nice to have the windshield working for the long highway trip. The service rep didn't make any comments about the aftermarket windshield itself but we'll see if it becomes an issue or not. Real crappy part is its going to take about a week and half just to look at it and then another 3 or 4 days to get parts. So no riding for me for a couple of weeks  :(. I'm also having them look/replace the TPMS batteries as they have both flashed at me even during warmer days.
Why would yo leave it there till they get the parts?
That makes no sense.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Madcow

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2013, 07:07:36 PM »

Gfys.
If you have to ask what that means, you really don't wanna ask.

Good day sir.
Now I know what type of person you are. You're a blow hard & internet bully that likes to drop names to show how important you are.
Btw you probably do that to yourself all the time.