Author Topic: New here  (Read 1060 times)

Offline B00ST00

New here
« on: July 14, 2013, 08:32:02 AM »
I've lurked on this forum for a couple months maybe more.  I just joined because im leaning towards purchasing a 2012-2013 and wanted to learn as much about them as possible before making the decision as it will be my first sport touring bike. 

Im 27 and have been riding street bikes since I was 16 and dirtbikes much longer than that.  My previous motorcycles were all sport bikes, 600, 1000 and my last one was an 08 Hayabusa.  I logged over 25k miles on the hayabusa and sold it this spring due to the fact that I was not comfortable on rides over 200 miles and thought instead of adding risers, rear sets, wind screen and luggage it would be a better idea to move to a dedicated sport tourer. 

Im interested in the concours because I want to take part in longer rides/trips that will spread out over a weekend and sometimes longer.  My father and I have planned a 5 day trip for the first week of October that will cover tail of the dragon and other routes in the area so im looking to purchase before then.

Just wanted to introduce myself because im sure i'll have questions along the way.  As of right now im not completely bikeless as I ride a WR450 supermoto with full race tech suspension, 17's, big brakes, ect! 

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: New here
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 08:50:08 AM »
Hi B00, welcome. A funny thing happened on the way to the forum. I bought a c14 and made some of the changes you didn't want to make to the busa. Can't win for losin.  ;)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 09:07:23 AM »
Welcome B.  :chugbeer:

Offline B00ST00

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 10:27:49 AM »
Thanks guys!