Author Topic: Why do you think there are soo many newer used connies for sale  (Read 26752 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Why do you think there are soo many newer used connies for sale
« Reply #100 on: June 26, 2013, 03:39:53 PM »
+1
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #101 on: June 26, 2013, 04:06:26 PM »
No, I've done both. I like both. Do what you want and enjoy. I'm just saying 350 miles, either way, 4 lane or 2 lane, 2 lane my preference, isn't necessarily a test of a sport touring bike being a keeper or not. It barely taxes the bike's ability. It is fun though and I say enjoy.

I think it is not just the bike but the rider.  Even on 200 mile trips, there can be a big difference between a sport bike and a sport tourer.  If the rider's body can't handle 100 on a sport, and can on a sport tourer, then it DOES show what the bike can do for you :)   So it is a matter of perspective. 

Also, miles on a slab are quite different from miles on a non-slab.  One is boring and fast, the other is interesting and slower.   Both can be dangerous in their own ways, and stressful in their own ways.  I *hate* slab driving- it is so mind numbing for me it is very dangerous because I can't stay awake or alert.  I also feel locked into position and the faster speeds are more stress on my neck.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline PH14

« Reply #102 on: June 26, 2013, 06:00:54 PM »

Also, miles on a slab are quite different from miles on a non-slab.  One is boring and fast, the other is interesting and slower.   Both can be dangerous in their own ways, and stressful in their own ways.  I *hate* slab driving- it is so mind numbing for me it is very dangerous because I can't stay awake or alert.  I also feel locked into position and the faster speeds are more stress on my neck.

I was much more comfortable on the RC51 when on the twisty backroads than I was on the interstate. Moving around through the curves helped the comfort considerably on that bike.

Offline Cuda

« Reply #103 on: June 29, 2013, 01:08:18 PM »
They all buy a BMW K 16

Dear Mr. Blesse,

I wish to congratulate and applaud your being promoted as the Vice President of BMW Motorrad USA.

Hope your new position works professionally to your utmost satisfaction and your personal fulfillment.

However, you now face a extremely serious and endemic problem within the ranks of BMW Motorrad.

BMW Motorrad USA absolutely has no ability to deliver replacement parts necessary to keep new BMW Models roadworthy. My 2012 BMW K1600GT was disabled due to a deer strike on 10/13/11.

My moto has sat at BMW of Salt Lake City, Utah for five months now simply due to BMW Motorrad Germany being unable and unwilling to supply a replacement radiator expansion coolant tank: $40.00.

It's incomprehensible, and irresponsible of BMW Motorrad, they can sell a Customer a machine for $28,500: But they cannot even provide a simple plastic jug for over a year to keep the bike operational.

http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=57993 http://www.k1600forum.com/forum/bmw-...0gt-parts.html http://www.azbeemers.org/forum/index.php?topic=3585.0 On January 24 I called out for help to the following BMW Forum Organizations that I belong to: BMW Motorcycle Owners of America, BMW K1600 Forum and BMW MOA Chartered Club #89 AZ Beemers. There are 4 pages each of comments regarding my bike's downtime situation at each of these sites. Please, do read them.

Mr. Blesse, here is what you'll discover when you read these dozen pages: I'm not alone in this BMW Motorrad Lack of Parts Availability Problem, this BMW fiasco is so widespread and affecting so many.

I have been a BMW Owner since 1969 when I bought my R60/2 in Augsburg, Germany. My first BMW shop was in the Altstadt of Munich. Since then I have tirelessly promoted the sales of BMW's.

In 43 years of riding BMW, over 500K miles on BMW, I've talked so many people into buying BMW.

This has now come to a final end, I cannot promote BMW due to it's lack of supply of necessary parts.

I still do not have my 2012 BMW K1600GT back to me, how can I support BMW after this situation?

I sadly do not believe that BMW could spell Customer Support if you gave them the U's, O's or the E.

I'm very sad over this tragic and senseless predicament, loyal BMW Customers shouldn't have to wait a full year to get a replacement coolant tank and certainly not 16 months to get a new left BMW muffler.

Don Stanley, Chandler, AZ beemerdons@aol.com Cell: 480

Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline Cuda

« Reply #104 on: June 29, 2013, 03:38:13 PM »
Rest of the story , they had to steal one off a demo bike to get him running ???? :hail:

Mein Beautiful Fraulein Gisele is back home to me, after five months later.  But, she's finally home!

I believe in providing Credit where Credit is Due!  First, I'd like to thank Mr. Dean Lear; Dean is a Mover and Shaker in the World of BMW and he used his many contacts to expedite my bike's return.

Dean was the Founder of BMW Motorcycles of San Jose, California; Dean actively raced BMW motos and he's basically Lived the Life BMW for the last 4 decades.  Thanks so very much, My Friend Dean.

Dean's a very active Member of BMW Riders Association and "On The Level" magazine contributor.

Second, I'd like to immensely thank Mr. Cavanaugh, BMW of North America Motorrad Team Leader.

I feel that Anthony did everything he possibly could do, under the structure of BMW NA, to get my K16 returned to me as soon as he was able to. 

Anthony Cavanaugh was the Man who "Thought Outside of the BMW Box" to come up with the idea to take the expansion tank off of a demo bike.

Third, I'd like to thank BMW Roadside Assistance folks, they were so courteous and helpful to us.

Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline Cuda

« Reply #105 on: June 29, 2013, 03:41:05 PM »
Now let me lastly mention BMW Motorcycles of Salt Lake City, Utah.  On the morning of the deer strike, my Son Seth and his DaddyDon had given our "Gisele" a thorough washing.  We always stay at The Torrey Inn and if we travel with a group, they set up a wash station for us: Garden hose, soap, rags, towels and brushes.  I highly recommend that your Utah moto visit includes The Torrey Inn.

$6,400 was spent at BMW SLC to repair "Gisele".  As we unloaded her off of the truck 1 hour ago, there was still deer pee, saliva specks, and blood on my bike.  They never even washed my Gisele.

Can you imagine spending that kind of $$$ and not even getting your bike back clean from a shop!!!

They LOVE the BMW experience ;)
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline wrichstrom

« Reply #106 on: June 29, 2013, 05:26:17 PM »
Don,
I am so sorry about the deer hit and what it has taken for you to get the K16 back on the road.

Stories like this help me when I read the standard "I looked at a K16...." blog post and my C-14, FJR, or whatever it is I am riding is a piece of junk. 

And to hear that BMW didn't even get the deer guts off the bike when you got it back.....

Just glad for my C-14 and the FJR before it.....

wrichstrom
2012 C-14

Offline PH14

« Reply #107 on: June 29, 2013, 08:45:26 PM »
Rest of the story , they had to steal one off a demo bike to get him running ???? :hail:

I'm shocked they didn't do that immediately. We used to do it all the time at the dealership I worked. I sold a Vulcan 800 to a guy once and he promptly ran into a car in the parking lot on his way out. He wasn't hurt but he had a nice dent in his gas tank. We had another blue Vulcan on the floor so we swapped out the tank and the parts he needed and sent him on his way. I then told the GM it was time to do a custom bike, so I sent the tank out to be repaired and had them do ghost flames and then we decked out the rest of the bike.

If we could do that for a guy who bought an 800 Vulcan, why can't BMW at least get a coolant tank off another bike for someone who paid 28K for a top of the line bike?