Author Topic: MC Enterprises Canyon Cages  (Read 28669 times)

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
Re: MC Enterprises Canyon Cages
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2013, 09:16:17 AM »
Ryan,

Forgive me if this has already been answered, but how much are you charging for the Canyon Cages and the rear bag guards? I'm interested in a full set for my 2013 Connie.
I checked your website, but I couldn't find any prices there. I'd like to know cost with shipping to 96789.
Like stated earlier, if I want to reserve a set, all I have to do is get in touch with you? Is August still the tentative release date? I don't mind waiting for a quality product. Thanks!

For the 2013 Concours, the Canyon Cage is $300 and the Saddle Bag Guards are $175. Since you're a member of the forum, domestic shipping is on us! Unfortunately, there is a bit of a wait though. The next batch with guards that are still unsold will be completed on August 1st. If you'd like to order, you can do so via forum PM, email, or you can always call us direct at the office. Thanks for your interest in our guards!
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2013, 10:38:06 AM »
Ryan, I hope you got a raise over this Concours Canyon Cage thing.  ;)

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2013, 03:18:47 PM »
Ryan, I hope you got a raise over this Concours Canyon Cage thing.  ;)

Why thank you, I'll take that as a compliment! Nawww, I didn't, though. Although, I did get bragging rights! Building parts people will like is part of my job description.  8)
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline udoggie

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2013, 08:40:18 PM »
+1 Ryan.

Your support on the forums has gained quite a few sales I believe.  (I know that it's what got mine!)

For those waiting for them, it's well worth the wait.  MCE is very upfront about things, and didn't charge my card until they were shipped.

Jeff
Aloha, OR.

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2013, 08:24:43 AM »
+1 Ryan.

Your support on the forums has gained quite a few sales I believe.  (I know that it's what got mine!)

For those waiting for them, it's well worth the wait.  MCE is very upfront about things, and didn't charge my card until they were shipped.

Jeff

Thanks, Jeff! I appreciate the kind words and support we've received from all of you guys!  ;D

Offline RcrBoy

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2013, 06:49:08 PM »
For the 2013 Concours, the Canyon Cage is $300 and the Saddle Bag Guards are $175. Since you're a member of the forum, domestic shipping is on us! Unfortunately, there is a bit of a wait though. The next batch with guards that are still unsold will be completed on August 1st. If you'd like to order, you can do so via forum PM, email, or you can always call us direct at the office. Thanks for your interest in our guards!

I got the Idea to buy these from this Forum, which I am newbie.
When I went to your website it provides a link for purchasing from a dealers, not direct sales.....
So,
I usually use Motorcycle Superstore for my online purchases. I wanted to use them for the "Rider Points" I had accumulated.
"We don't carry those" was the response I got.  :(

I then Google'd it, and it came up with Dennis Kirk for a dealer. When I contacted them they had the cages but not the bars for the bags and that they also would not order them for me.  ::)

I had spoke to Teri at your place about this. She just told me to order direct from you, which I'm planning to call in on Monday, since I have gotten no help at all  from "Dealers".......

Pretty frustrating for what seems to be a really nice product.............

-Mark-  8)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2013, 07:58:16 PM »
Wasn't frustrating for us.  In fact it worked very well ordering from Ryan directly.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2013, 08:30:59 PM »
In fact it worked very well ordering from Ryan directly.
Ryan rocks (even though he didn't show up at our National  ;) )

He'll hook ya up.

Offline RcrBoy

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2013, 07:03:32 PM »
Wasn't frustrating for us.  In fact it worked very well ordering from Ryan directly.

That's just it. MC Enterprises website does not provide for ordering direct.
I didn't know you needed the "Cone of Silence" from this forum to gain access to the products  ;D

-Mark-  8)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2013, 07:11:09 PM »
We worked with Ryan directly....through pm or email or telephone from what I recall.  What is this website you speak of?

At any rate, all the details here as part of two group buys.  One for the gen1 and one for the gen2 bikes.

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=9386.0
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=8605.0

Not sure I understand the cone of silence reference but it is Saturday night and I'm so easily called away.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2013, 08:16:15 PM »

I didn't know you needed the "Cone of Silence" from this forum to gain access to the products  ;D

-Mark-  8)

Now you do Mark.  :) :chugbeer:

Offline RcrBoy

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2013, 09:11:41 PM »

We worked with Ryan directly....through pm or email or telephone from what I recall.  What is this website you speak of?

Not sure I understand the cone of silence reference but it is Saturday night and I'm so easily called away.

This website................ http://www.mcenterprisesusa.com/

And perhaps you're not old enough >

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CC8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FCone_of_Silence&ei=XLZQUpzBKOqcigLMpICwBw&usg=AFQjCNFZMeMzg39HuHV6IB6ufcq2aSZRsQ&sig2=EZEyxPrxg6G2gusygmQrrw&bvm=bv.53537100,d.cGE

-Mark-

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2013, 10:51:33 PM »
Wow, thanks for the compliment!  :finger_fing11:

Beneath my ruff and gnarled exterior is.......you guessed it.....a ruff and gnarled interior!

All kidding aside, the group buys did not go through the website.  This was a one off (or actually two if you can't both generations) deal for us to get the bars made.  Your best bet is to go through Ryan, but in order to get the same pricing you would need to generate some number of orders to get similar pricing.  I don't think they have these just hanging on a rack.

Get Smart ran from 65-70.  So I would have been 9-14 years of age and while I know what a cone of silence is, I still don't understand your reference of it and how it concerns this board.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2013, 05:19:24 AM »
....but the secret handshake is another matter.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2013, 06:05:57 AM »
I wasn't informed of that.  I must have missed the memo.  :doh:

Offline RcrBoy

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2013, 08:40:20 AM »
Wow, thanks for the compliment!  :finger_fing11:

Beneath my ruff and gnarled exterior is.......you guessed it.....a ruff and gnarled interior!

All kidding aside, the group buys did not go through the website.  This was a one off (or actually two if you can't both generations) deal for us to get the bars made.  Your best bet is to go through Ryan, but in order to get the same pricing you would need to generate some number of orders to get similar pricing.  I don't think they have these just hanging on a rack.

Get Smart ran from 65-70.  So I would have been 9-14 years of age and while I know what a cone of silence is, I still don't understand your reference of it and how it concerns this board.

I was not looking for special treatment or deal. I just wanted to purchase them!
 His "Dealers" are not that accommodating...... :(

And you're over-thinking that last part. I was "joking"  ;D

ZG seemed to "get it"................

-Mark- 

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2013, 09:36:51 AM »
Jay is special.  However, he changes his colors like a chameleon.

There aren't any secrets here that I'm aware of.  You just need to look and read the forum posts and if it's something in recent memory then someone will usually chime in.  You're best bet to get one of these is through the for sale section or talking to Ryan directly.  :)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2013, 09:54:20 AM »
Jay is special.  However, he changes his colors like a chameleon.

;D :chugbeer:

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2013, 09:44:57 PM »
That's just it. MC Enterprises website does not provide for ordering direct.

Yea, our website can be a tad confusing at times, I'll give you that. However, we don't like to advertise direct sales on our website because we'd rather not step on the toes of our dealers and distributors. The entire point of having distributors is to let them handle the direct sales. However, most of our distributors have been really slow to get on the Canyon Cage movement (which I don't understand at all because these things have been an incredibly hot seller for us) so that's why we've been selling most of the Canyon Cage accessories directly. So, your best bet for these is to simply PM me, email me, or call me directly at the office during business hours and I'll get you hooked up.

I was not looking for special treatment or deal. I just wanted to purchase them!
 His "Dealers" are not that accommodating...... :(

I sincerely apologize on behalf of my dealers that you spoke with. Unfortunately I have no control over how they personally treat "their" customers but I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you have and take your order for these products if you're still interested. I'm not quite sure what bike you have but the guards for the 2008-2009 are in stock and we'll have more for the 2010-2013 in about 2 weeks.

Offline RcrBoy

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2013, 07:24:04 PM »
Got them yesterday and installed them today during the 1st engine oil and  gear drive oil service.

Other than a small blemish in the powder coat on the right side cage, I am quite happy with them.

Installation was simple, and took me about an hour for the front and rear cages (for the bags)

Only nit pick I have, and it's just ME (cuz I'm anal like that) that the rear upper motor mount bar could be of better quality. Similar to

the factory one the was removed. Also the way the bar and welded bolt capture inside the right side cage could have a slightly better

design.....

But hey, do not flame me!!!  :o

I still love them and the "nit picks" would not have kept me from purchasing them..............

Nice product.

Cheers,
-Mark-    8)