Author Topic: Warranty work on MY Kipass!  (Read 3017 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Warranty work on MY Kipass!
« on: June 03, 2013, 10:44:19 AM »
For at least 4-5 months, I've noticed on my 2010 I've had to pop the top of my stove key harder than normal for my dash to illuminate and bike to start.  I've put off having it looked at because the mad pow-ah of KiPass would never leave me stranded (and hasn't for over 76,000 miles now. My new friend Joni (service manager at the local dealership) replaced a spring and now i don't have to pop it down quite as hard.

The mad pow-ah of KiPass is relentless

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Warranty work on MY Kipass!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 12:43:44 PM »
Hope, springs eternal, Steve.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 03:01:02 PM »
Damn KIPASS ;)  Just when ya think it is letting you down :o

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 03:25:23 PM »
Yeah, we're gonna' need to see some photos of both the spring and Joni before we believe you....

Which reminds me of a joke.... another name for an I.U.D. is 'Love Springs Internal'.

Brian

For at least 4-5 months, I've noticed on my 2010 I've had to pop the top of my stove key harder than normal for my dash to illuminate and bike to start.  I've put off having it looked at because the mad pow-ah of KiPass would never leave me stranded (and hasn't for over 76,000 miles now. My new friend Joni (service manager at the local dealership) replaced a spring and now i don't have to pop it down quite as hard.

The mad pow-ah of KiPass is relentless
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 04:01:37 PM »
Hope, springs eternal, Steve.

Damn KIPASS ;)  Just when ya think it is letting you down :o

Yes sir - Actually I had faith all along it wouldn't let me down   :D

Yeah, we're gonna' need to see some photos of both the spring and Joni before we believe you....

Which reminds me of a joke.... another name for an I.U.D. is 'Love Springs Internal'.

Brian

I should have got a pic of Joni.  She is tiny and crawled over that C14 and fired it up, I couldn't believe she road it around and into the service bay!  Was scared to death when she first cranked it or I'd have at least thought to get a phone pic  :D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 04:21:06 PM »
Com'on Steve, you know..... 'Pics or it didn't happen'.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 04:34:34 PM »

I know, I feel shameful for not getting pics now that you put it that way   :-[

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 06:35:49 PM »
Yeah, KiPass problems and imaginary female dealer employees. Sounds like a psychotic break to me and Kirby....

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 06:56:24 PM »
Glad it was an easy fix.
Joel from Maine.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 04:32:46 AM »
Yeah, KiPass problems and imaginary female dealer employees. Sounds like a psychotic break to me and Kirby....

Brian

Me too Steve. You should tape both of your fobs to the sides of your head tonight when you go to bed.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline JS_racer

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2013, 05:16:56 AM »
had my spring also replaced on my 09 without it being broken at the time.  :) 

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2013, 07:05:20 AM »
Me too Steve. You should tape both of your fobs to the sides of your head tonight when you go to bed.

I have no desire to live forever! 

had my spring also replaced on my 09 without it being broken at the time.  :)

right on