Poll

Will brians C14 make it across the country in 50 hours?

Yes, but it will take multible riders to get the C14 there!
3 (7%)
Yes, but he is flying the C14 out on a plane!
0 (0%)
Yes, by the skin of his teeth and if he doesn't kill another Zumo!
20 (46.5%)
No, he'll stop for gas and KIPASS will now bite him!
3 (7%)
No, he didn't prepair both himself and/or his C14, well enough for it!
1 (2.3%)
No, he will get lost!
2 (4.7%)
No, he'll have a bunch more warranty claims on the C14 preventing him from making it!
1 (2.3%)
No, he's just a pu$$y and won't make it!
13 (30.2%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: June 08, 2011, 11:50:02 AM

Author Topic: Will brian's C14 make it across the country in 50 hours?  (Read 13668 times)

Bob

Will brian's C14 make it across the country in 50 hours?
« on: June 03, 2011, 11:50:02 AM »
OK, this is all in fun Buddy. I really wish Brian the best of luck in this endever. But I figure we can have some fun with it! I of course will have to vote for the KIPASS failure!!!!  :D

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: Will brian's C14 make it across the country in 50 hours?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 11:55:31 AM »
Hey, no problem from me Bob. Fun is where you find it....  ;)

Getting lost won't be much of a problem- head into the sunset until the front wheel gets wet.

If I really wanted to make it challanging, I would ride a Feejer. A lot of IBA riders ride Feejers, hence the phrase 'World's toughest Riders'; the slogan refers to the part where they actually pay for that old- fangled technology.

Brian

OK, this is all in fun Buddy. I really wish Brian the best of luck in this endever. But I figure we can have some fun with it! I of course will have to vote for the KIPASS failure!!!!  :D
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Son of Pappy

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 11:56:03 AM »
Here kitty kitty kitty ;)  If only he had devoted more time to his home brewed CC instead of makin fun of Capn Fob and his KiPASS adventures ;D  I am planning on meeting him on the last leg of the journey, if it happens I'll be sure to post up the pics of him cooling tender parts in the Pacific Ocean.

Brian, if you have a KiPASS issue I would suggest keeping quiet, call me from anywhere in WA State, I have a trailer and tools.

Ride well, best wishes, and see Ya Wednesday,

Chet

Offline Kirby

• I ride up front and look through the hole.
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 12:05:23 PM »
50/50 odds at best. He wanted me to go with him but it looks too risky to me. And that cheap @($(#*& won't buy me rain gear either so I would have to ride inside the top box and not on the dash like I prefer.

Kirby
Member: Dead Rodent's Riders
President: KiPass Lover's Society

Bob

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 12:07:25 PM »
50/50 odds at best. He wanted me to go with him but it looks too risky to me. And that cheap @($(#*& won't buy me rain gear either so I would have to ride inside the top box and not on the dash like I prefer.

Kirby

I love it. Even Kirby is getting involved!  :rotflmao:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 01:20:08 PM »
Brian will get so hammered one night that he'll forget and accidentally swallow his fob doing his famous fob in a full wine glass trick, fob battery will die at some point and he'll need a volunter to "assist" with the battery change...  :yikes:

I'm not sure what the sign will read, but I don't think they'll be too many people lined up...  ;)

Safe travels Brian, sounds like a great run!  :)

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 01:39:29 PM »
I have TOTAL faith in Brian's ability to make it!

Hell, if he has any kind of mechanical issue at 2am in the middle of Nowhere, he'll just whittle a new part out of some roadside trash and go merrily on his way! You da man, Brian!

[Helpful hint: the compass should be pointing WEST at all times. Since that level of technological expertise may be outside your feeble grasp at 3am, just remember that you started on the RIGHT coast, so your general direction should be towards the LEFT. However, if you find yourself somehow in Canada, reverse these directions since it's a well known fact that everything is done backwards up there.]

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 02:20:18 PM »
Brian will make it there with ease, but only if the dead rat is comfortably mounted to the front fender. Preferably with an extender on it. Dead rat seconds as back-up fob.
Good luck Brian! That will get you to around 60,000 miles.
Joel from Maine.

Offline gonzosc1

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 02:29:13 PM »
wheres he starting at and where is the finish.

Offline 4cedars

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 03:27:52 PM »
Good luck Brian! I am working on a ride to submit to the IBA for a new cross country ride from Maryland to southern California. It is a themed ride following a route through a set line of states. I will be running it the second week of September along with my cousin attempting a SS3000 with the possibilities of a BBG or a SS2000Gold inside the base ride. The only thing that could hinder the run is the locating of a landmark in each of the states.

Will you be using a SPOT and if so will it be a public page?
IBA# 45862
MTF Tourers Assistant
2012 Tour of Honor State Sponsor (IL)
2013 Tour of Honor State Sponsor (IL and IN)

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2011, 03:53:05 PM »

Like Hebrew and Arabic, the direction is right to left (it even looks funny when someone reads those languages and follows along with their fingers....); I am starting on the right coast (east coast) and ending up (hopefully) on the left coase (west coast).

Brian

wheres he starting at and where is the finish.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2011, 04:01:30 PM »
To everyone- thanks for the well- wishes. Just a little backstory: I am heading to Tacoma, WA, anyway and thought I would take the opportunity to take the bike and see if I can squeak in a CC50 or similar (BB, BB gold, something). I have done long distance rides successfully before an am a member of the IBA but nothing in this realm before.

Yes, using a SPOT, yes it will be a public page and I will post it here as well as on the COG forum. Follow along at your own risk and feel free to point and laugh if (when?) I stop somewhere for a nap. I even have spare batteries for SPOT so now the burden is on me to remember to push the tracking button every 24 hours.

Brian

Good luck Brian! I am working on a ride to submit to the IBA for a new cross country ride from Maryland to southern California. It is a themed ride following a route through a set line of states. I will be running it the second week of September along with my cousin attempting a SS3000 with the possibilities of a BBG or a SS2000Gold inside the base ride. The only thing that could hinder the run is the locating of a landmark in each of the states.

Will you be using a SPOT and if so will it be a public page?

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2011, 04:33:31 PM »
When are you making this trip Brian and how long will you be in Tacoma for? I'm just south of there in Portland if you want to meet up for a beer or samich or something while you're in the Tacoma area...

Safe travels brother, hope you've got a good radar detector!  8)

Offline 4cedars

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2011, 05:10:55 PM »
You are passing right through me backyard when you pass south of Chicago, looks like Rt. 80. I am just south of there. I am a MTF Tourers Assistant. If you need anything at all, trailer, tire changer, tools, whatever, don't hesitate to contact me at any time of day. I can usually get away from whatever I am doing to render assistance.   John
IBA# 45862
MTF Tourers Assistant
2012 Tour of Honor State Sponsor (IL)
2013 Tour of Honor State Sponsor (IL and IN)

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2011, 05:54:16 PM »
A week or so. Not sure where I am going exactly (don't remember the exact address or even the suburb) but it is close to Ft. Lewis. I <should> be there from Wed. 8 June until the following weekend. Again, it depends on whether (weather  :D ) I start on Monday or not. That is the plan but if it is going to be pouring in Chicago or west of there on Tues, I may delay leaving here until Tues. If KiPass acts up I may have to stop somewhere along the way and trade in my C-14 for an FJ.... I can't even say that in jest. What rational human would do something like that?

Yep, would be great to meet some left coast forum members. I will publish the address of my SPOT page so you can look in and see where I am as I travel. I will be offline while traveling but should be back on the forum and have access to e-mail after I arrive in WA. Let's make plans after I arrive so it won't put anybody out if I am late or <gasp> don't make it at all.

Thanks for the wish of luck- even Kirby is against me on this one.  ;) He voted in for the last choice!

Brian

When are you making this trip Brian and how long will you be in Tacoma for? I'm just south of there in Portland if you want to meet up for a beer or samich or something while you're in the Tacoma area...

Safe travels brother, hope you've got a good radar detector!  8)

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2011, 05:57:15 PM »
Yep, taking I-80 to I-29N then I-90 for the remainder of the trip.

Thanks for the offer but I will be offline for the duration of the trip so no way to contact anyone. I should reappear sometime after I get to the west coast assuming all goes well.

Brian

You are passing right through me backyard when you pass south of Chicago, looks like Rt. 80. I am just south of there. I am a MTF Tourers Assistant. If you need anything at all, trailer, tire changer, tools, whatever, don't hesitate to contact me at any time of day. I can usually get away from whatever I am doing to render assistance.   John

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2011, 08:51:58 PM »
A week or so. Not sure where I am going exactly (don't remember the exact address or even the suburb) but it is close to Ft. Lewis. I <should> be there from Wed. 8 June until the following weekend. Again, it depends on whether (weather  :D ) I start on Monday or not. That is the plan but if it is going to be pouring in Chicago or west of there on Tues, I may delay leaving here until Tues. If KiPass acts up I may have to stop somewhere along the way and trade in my C-14 for an FJ.... I can't even say that in jest. What rational human would do something like that?

Yep, would be great to meet some left coast forum members. I will publish the address of my SPOT page so you can look in and see where I am as I travel. I will be offline while traveling but should be back on the forum and have access to e-mail after I arrive in WA. Let's make plans after I arrive so it won't put anybody out if I am late or <gasp> don't make it at all.

Thanks for the wish of luck- even Kirby is against me on this one.  ;) He voted in for the last choice!

Brian

Wife and I are flying out Sunday am for Maui for the week (our 20 year anniversary) we get back into Portland Friday night, so anything after could work for me, I'm in Portland that whole next week.

FYI, it "FINALLY" is feeling like summer here today, supposed to be sunny and low 80's through the weekend and then pretty much dry all next week too according to the forecast if you believe them. So if you make it to the PNW next week the weather wil be with you in a good way, at least once you arrive here...  ;)

Shoot me a pm when you land, good luck on the weather traveling to the best coast...  ;D

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2011, 08:56:57 PM »
In all seriousness, Brian, I hope you get there without any issues at all.  Good luck and stay safe.  We're pulling for you!   :thumbs:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2011, 09:47:45 PM »
Thanks Jim. Yeah, I know- even Bob doesn't want me to fail.... by much.  ;D  But yeah, the karma has always been great around here and I know this is all meant in fun. In fact, I think this is one of the funnier things Bob has posted.

By the way, speaking of killing Zumos, I have a new record. I swapped an older Zumo that had a damaged screen (our fault, not Garmin this time) for a refurbished Zumo 550. The new unit (they really do seem to be brand new, not really refurbished) failed and would not power- up three days after I received it. A new all- time record that bested the previous record by two full days! I went to take the battery out of it (no reset button) and found that they had changed the Torx screw holding the battery in the unit to a hex head screw. Imagine my surprise as I carry a Torx just to reset the Zumo! But I had hex head driver bits from the trip to Wellsboro and removed the battery, reinstalled it and it is just as good as new....which was not all that great apparently. I am taking a Nuvi 360 with me on this trip mounted in an Aqua box as a backup.

Brian

In all seriousness, Brian, I hope you get there without any issues at all.  Good luck and stay safe.  We're pulling for you!   :thumbs:

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2011, 10:18:30 PM »

Like Hebrew and Arabic, the direction is right to left (it even looks funny when someone reads those languages and follows along with their fingers....); I am starting on the right coast (east coast) and ending up (hopefully) on the left coase (west coast).

Brian

I can't tell for sure but it looks like you are heading through the Quad Cities (Davenport, IA).   Stop and have a Boozie Burger in downtown Davenport if you are going through around meal time.