Author Topic: Washington State Attorney General Takes Action Against Florida Gun Owners  (Read 3573 times)

Offline timsatx

• Arena
Washington State Attorney General Bob Ferguson (D) who failed to fill out the NRA-PVF candidate questionnaire in his last election, has recently demonstrated an anti-gun and anti-veteran position, by revoking reciprocity with Florida for concealed weapons and firearms license holders.

The punitive action against gun-owners who have Florida licenses to carry concealed weapons or firearms was taken because Florida has honored members of the armed forces and veterans.

In 2012, Florida passed legislation to recognize the men and women of our armed services who have served our nation honorably.

Our nation trains 18 year old men and women in firearms proficiency then sends them off to war and asks them to give their lives, if necessary, in the cause of Freedom.

When they have served our nation honorably and returned home to private life, it is unconscionable to tell them our state will not allow them to qualify for a concealed weapons and firearms license so they may protect themselves and their family because they have not yet reached the age of 21.

Recognizing that our men and women in the military have been called into service in the fight for Freedom when they reach the age 18 - the age of majority, the Florida legislature lowered the minimum age requirement from 21 to 18 years of age for those men and women who have served our nation and have been honorably discharged from the service.

This age waiver ONLY applies to veterans.  Every other citizen must be 21 years of age or older.

Because of this recognition of special circumstances involving our brave military men and women, Attorney General Ferguson has chosen to revoke reciprocity with Florida for concealed weapons and firearms license holders.

Florida has honored our veterans, and for that, all law-abiding Florida license holders have been punished by Attorney General Ferguson.

You can help by urging the Attorney General to reinstate reciprocity with Florida and once again recognize our licenses as valid in Washington State. 

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/state-legislation/2013/4/wa-attorney-general-takes-action-against-florida-gun-owners.aspx?s=&st=&ps=

Offline Conrad

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cholla

• Arena
A good reason for FL residents to stay out of WA.
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
CALL:  Please call Attorney General Ferguson at (360) 753-2702.

E-MAIL: Attorney General Ferguson does not have a publicly available e-mail address, you may send an e-mail to Assistant Attorney General Susan Pierini at: SusanP1@atg.wa.gov
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
^^^ i bet she looks like that Pelosi thing
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Snibbor

• Arena
I swear, everyday I hear another reason to leave Washington.  We just recently elected the dumbest governor in the history of the US and now this.

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
...  We just recently elected the dumbest governor in the history of the US and now this.

You mean "they"? ;)

Lemme ask, you ever have a former wrestling champ as your guvna, or a comedian as a senator? Not like I do (in the literal sense), but if I had stuck around...

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline Cholla

• Arena
Ya still don't have a comedian for a Senator. Comedians are funny.
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Son of Pappy

:censored: :censored: :censored: GDIATH.  I  :censored: hate this states GD selected losers!!!!!!!!  Without the miltary in this state we would be so screwed.  Frick Frick Frick.........................I'd move to Colorado or Montana but they are headed in the same direction as this state.  Texas is too dern hot and Alaska's riding season is far too short...............Can't wait to move to the dry side of the state in a far more conservative environment.  Live and let live.

Offline Conrad

I swear, everyday I hear another reason to leave Washington.  We just recently elected the dumbest governor in the history of the US and now this.

Say what? How many former governors have gone to prison in Washington? You must have forgotten about Illinois right?    :'(    >:(
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Say what? How many former governors have gone to prison in Washington? You must have forgotten about Illinois right?    :'(    >:(
Thank you Sir, can we have another?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Sure, just wait a bit...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Snibbor

• Arena
You mean "they"? ;)

Lemme ask, you ever have a former wrestling champ as your guvna, or a comedian as a senator? Not like I do (in the literal sense), but if I had stuck around...

Rick

At least they could walk and chew bubblegum at the same time.

:censored: :censored: :censored: GDIATH.  I  :censored: hate this states GD selected losers!!!!!!!!  Without the miltary in this state we would be so screwed.  Frick Frick Frick.........................I'd move to Colorado or Montana but they are headed in the same direction as this state.  Texas is too dern hot and Alaska's riding season is far too short...............Can't wait to move to the dry side of the state in a far more conservative environment.  Live and let live.

That's why I left WW over a year ago.  Unfortunately, the sane Eastern side is overpowered by the insane Western side.  So, even though I'm on the dry side now, I still have an idiot for a governor.

Offline garfield1974

• Kawaski GTR 1400 2008
Looks like I poked at hornet's nest  ;D

Cheers

Gordan

Offline txfatboy

At least Florida is about as far as one can get from Washington state  in the lower 48. Y'all come on over to Texas. We recently had a FREE CHL class in my little town, Wylie . Oh, and its not always too hot, BTW.
Woody
2014 V-Max
1991 Connie, 17 inch wheels,  ZRX1200 forks with racetech valves and brakes, zx9/ zzr1200 hybrid rear shock, 2 min mod and exhaust cam sprocket from SISF, tubular handle bars, hywy pegs, HID headlight and LED running lights.

Offline Snibbor

• Arena
I Love Texas!!!  It's just too darn far away from all the family.

Offline Lone-Rider

It is not exactly an intentional attack on Floridians or Veterans, and there is no "action against Florida gun owners". Washington state, by law only honors those states that have essentially the same issue rules as WA.

Washington requires CPL holders to be 21 or over. Any state that allows concealed carry by those under the age of 21, are not going to be reciprocated. 

It doesn't matter who the Attorney General is or what party affiliation they have in parenthesis after their name, the outcome would be the same. At the time Florida decided to issue to those between 18-21, they created limitations on what other states would recognize their carry permits.

While I certainly commend them for issuing to veterans, the issue is pretty simple with no evil intent or Democratic party scheme. To suggest otherwise is making a pretty fair stretch.

Son of Pappy

I agree ::)  FWIW WA State was the first "Shall Issue" state...

The bit that has me frosted is the veteran isn't old enough to carry concealed, yet???  Or drink.  Oldest enough to kill and die, responsible enough to vote, but not old enough to have a beer or carry a pistol.......

Offline timsatx

• Arena
It is not exactly an intentional attack on Floridians or Veterans, and there is no "action against Florida gun owners". Washington state, by law only honors those states that have essentially the same issue rules as WA.

Washington requires CPL holders to be 21 or over. Any state that allows concealed carry by those under the age of 21, are not going to be reciprocated. 

It doesn't matter who the Attorney General is or what party affiliation they have in parenthesis after their name, the outcome would be the same. At the time Florida decided to issue to those between 18-21, they created limitations on what other states would recognize their carry permits.

While I certainly commend them for issuing to veterans, the issue is pretty simple with no evil intent or Democratic party scheme. To suggest otherwise is making a pretty fair stretch.

And to think most other CHL states that have the same requirements have not done anything against Florida.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
If WA only recognizes 21 and over what's the problem recognizing FLs 21 and over?