Author Topic: Whadaya ya doin the next 8 days?  (Read 1663 times)

Son of Pappy

Whadaya ya doin the next 8 days?
« on: May 03, 2013, 07:06:18 PM »
So, this weekend I am teaching an Adventure Camp (www.advcamp.com), come home Sunday 3ish, park the GS and head South on I5 for Camp Pendleton.  I'd do the IBA thing but after this weekend I think it would be a bad call, I'd hate to get heat stroke like Kirbys buddy did.  Once I get to Pendleton I will check in on base and do a little studying for my next big advaenture, which is the Lee Parks Total Control Advanced Rider Clinic Instructor Course (www.leeparksdesign.com/eshopprod_cat_530-18381_product_1491751.TCARC_Instructor_Pendleton.htm);D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Finally got the Canyon Cages installed (in the raw), fresh oil (still wonder what the 710 cap is by the back tire?) and installed a set of el cheapo cruiser pegs :o  Pics to follow once I get back, should be one heck of a trip :)

I hope each and every one of you is jealous :P :P :P

Offline koval68

Re: Whadaya ya doin the next 8 days?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 07:33:52 AM »
Have a great trip Chet, be safe out there!
I'm not jealous at all... 8) in exactly 21 days I'll be riding in Colorado and Utah! I'm as excited as a kid in the toy store!
Tom"Killer"Kowalski   COG#9263  Newmarket,Ontario
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need,  but not every man's greed."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 08:33:42 AM »
Safe travels Chet.  :chugbeer:

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 09:46:31 AM »
I'm not jealous at all... 8) in exactly 21 days I'll be riding in Colorado and Utah! I'm as excited as a kid in the toy store!

Looking forward to meeting you Tom.

Offline koval68

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 07:56:05 PM »
Looking forward to meeting you Tom.
Likewise my friend! We're leaving Toronto at 8:00 pm on Friday, May 24th. If my estimate is correct, we should be arriving in Colorado Springs on Sunday, between 9-11 am. I will shoot you a pm in the next week or two with more detail. We would really appreciate, if you and your family could join us for early dinner on Sunday. Talk to you soon!
Tom"Killer"Kowalski   COG#9263  Newmarket,Ontario
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need,  but not every man's greed."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Son of Pappy

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 09:23:25 PM »
Early June if all works well I'll be doing the CO Backcountry Discovery Route :), end of June, Leavonworth, July is the MOA, August is the Rally in the Gorge and onto the WABDR.  I also have the hoh Rainforest ride somewhere in there.  So many roads, so little time ;D  Next year will be the UTBDR, awesome scenary.
So, today, a little sunburned, covers the PNW rust nicely, stayed hydrated and only 105 miles on the GS, tomorow will be a "short" day, teach until 1200ish, ride an hour home, shower, top of the Whale, and roll until my body says enough, hoping for 600+ miles to make the halfway mark.

So so so stoked for this training, classes mean I can help Jay help the MC industry ;)

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 09:34:07 PM »
Early June if all works well I'll be doing the CO Backcountry Discovery Route :), ...

Anywhere on the 'dry side' (near Estes Park), you know what dry side is, look me up. I've been known to take Sam off road on occasion...

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Son of Pappy

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 09:38:58 PM »
Anywhere on the 'dry side' (near Estes Park), you know what dry side is, look me up. I've been known to take Sam off road on occasion...

Rick
Will do!!  After the call I just received the odds of doing the COBDR just increased.  My class just got cancelled >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(  Waiting to hear from my sponsor as to why.  Very unhappy rider at the moment >:( >:( >:(