Author Topic: Ordered a giant drybag from UPDATE....It's here! pix on last page!  (Read 12978 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Ordered a giant drybag from Revzilla
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2013, 03:54:00 PM »
If some smart guy would come up with a clean mounting scheme to set a box over the pillion seat I'd buy it.

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2013, 03:59:57 PM »
Hey, that's a good idea. I remember there was a fella that used to use a regular topbox on the rear seat of His C10. That was way before we added the C14 forum, though. Good idea.
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2013, 04:50:37 PM »
Don't care for em. Looks like a UFO is following the bike down the road. Way back there, and up high.

I couldn't agree more.   I think they look absolutely horrible/crazy.  But if you need the storage, sometimes ya gotta bend.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2013, 04:54:32 PM »
...or get a dry bag.

jamiemac...what did you get from the Superstore?

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2013, 06:21:38 PM »
...or get a dry bag.

jamiemac...what did you get from the Superstore?
Same thing. I reordered the Nelson Rigg Hih-Vis Adventure bag in large size. Had to pay 5 bucks more for it, but still free shipping. It holds 72 liters!!
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline connie1

• Arena
Re: Ordered a giant drybag from Revzilla...err, Motorcycle Superstore!
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2013, 07:21:11 PM »
If you fill it full you're gonna look like a big high vis balloon driving down the road.  72 litres is huge.  At least with a dry bag it's only as big as you pack it.
Have fun on your trip.
Man do I love this bike! Red '09

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2013, 07:27:51 PM »
If you fill it full you're gonna look like a big high vis balloon driving down the road.  72 litres is huge.  At least with a dry bag it's only as big as you pack it.
Have fun on your trip.
Haha! No doubt! I'm hoping the color matches up with My Hi-Vis jacket pretty well. Thanks for the well wishes on My trip. I so stoked about it! ;D

Offline cablebandit

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2013, 07:27:41 AM »
Get one big enough to transport a dead hooker without the need to cut her up.  Much cleaner that way....

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2013, 01:17:09 PM »
Get one big enough to transport a dead hooker without the need to cut her up.  Much cleaner that way....

:rotflmao:

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2013, 03:52:56 PM »

Haha! Awesome!! You could get a couple a midgets in there, and have a traveling midget wrestling show!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2013, 03:58:59 PM »
I'm not sure you could get them both in with the dead hooker.

Offline jamiemac

Re: Ordered a giant drybag from Revzilla., Wait...update...Yep Revzilla!
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2013, 04:57:04 PM »
Nobody has the Hi-Vis bags in stock! Motorcycle Superstore was a bust. So now, I'm Checking ebay, and find one for 80 bucks. Score!

Offline jamiemac

Re: Ordered a giant drybag from Revzilla., Wait...update...Ebay
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2013, 05:32:59 PM »
OK, I still haven't given up on getting one of these bags, but I have been refunded My money by every accessories outlet on the net, because of inventory mistake. Not looking good. I really want this bag.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2013, 06:27:55 PM »
Cause I'm not going to reread this whole thread, did you try the source?
http://www.nelsonrigg.com/store/product.aspx?pid=1677

Never mind. I just looked again and Out of Stock.  :o

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2013, 09:58:42 PM »
Cause I'm not going to reread this whole thread, did you try the source?
http://www.nelsonrigg.com/store/product.aspx?pid=1677

Never mind. I just looked again and Out of Stock.  :o
Haha. Thanks, anyways! I emailed them with a WTF question, and evidently a new supply is 60 days out. I found 2 online vendors this evening that show in stock, and I'm going to call them tomorrow.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2013, 03:50:45 AM »
Damn slow boat from China.

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2013, 01:12:11 PM »
Found an ebayer that has 3 black ones. So I ordered one from them. I messaged them, and they said they verified the inventory. Hooahh! Not the best price though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310622895576?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2013, 01:41:12 PM »
Try Cabelas?
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2013, 01:55:52 PM »
Try Cabelas?
No but there is a Bass Pro here in Clarksville. They have some ATV type bags, but they are way expensive, and don't look adaptable to a motorcycle. They also have some duffle type drybags in the camping dept, but they don't have straps or buckles for bike mounting. I'm about 90% confident, I really have the Nelson Rigg bag en-route, this time. Haha

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2013, 02:04:49 PM »
No but there is a Bass Pro here in Clarksville. They have some ATV type bags, but they are way expensive, and don't look adaptable to a motorcycle. They also have some duffle type drybags in the camping dept, but they don't have straps or buckles for bike mounting. I'm about 90% confident, I really have the Nelson Rigg bag en-route, this time. Haha

Seemed pretty reasonable to me at Cabelas, and a cargo net is your friend when it comes to mounting solutions.  ;)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey