Author Topic: Any rumored changes for 14?  (Read 36578 times)

Offline eng943

Any rumored changes for 14?
« on: March 21, 2013, 04:52:40 PM »
I am hoping Kawasaki responds to the updated FJR with cruise control (that works beyond 80 mph), revised linked brakes, and more fuel capacity, at the very least.

Anyone heard of possible improvements for 2014?
2017 C14 - AST Risers / Peg Lowering kit / mccruise /Garmin 595/Shoodaben MR / Area P / Kawi Touring Seat.
Second Bike 2017 BMW R12R

Offline Daytona_Mike

• Arena
Re: Any rumored changes for 14?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 05:16:21 PM »
At the Kawasaki tent this past Bike week there were rumors and discussions of cruise control being added for next years model.
Others are thinking that since the new ZX14 now has 1440cc that this increase in displacement may spill over into the ZG14.
That's all that I have heard.
If you still have fuel in the tank, you are not lost yet
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 05:26:13 PM »
the euro brands are the ones rolling out the innovations and research and development, doubt that changes much for '14.

it should though, the jap brands are being crushed on the sales floors with duc and BMW's sales increasing by record margins
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 06:12:49 PM »
I'll keep My 08 until the nuclear powered Connie is released. Replace the fuel pill, and the KiPass batteries once every couple of years.
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline Tim

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 06:41:58 PM »
 :goodpost:  I feel the same with my 09.
I don't always ride a street bike. But when I do, it's a Concours. Ride safely my friend.

Offline CADMAN97

• 2010 C14 ABS
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 07:49:45 PM »
I love my C14, but if mama Kaw added cruise, larger tank, fixed the horrible linked brakes, and dropped in the zx14r's new torque monster engine, Id be first in line  ;D

As for rumors for 2014....I got nothin  :(
1998 Honda Magna--->Sold | 2003 Yamaha FZ1--->Sold | 2003 Honda VFR800--->Sold | 2010 Honda VFR1200--->Sold | Kawasaki C14--->SOLD | 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000--->Current | 2014 Yamaha FJR 1300ES--->Current

Offline Cuda

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 08:54:48 PM »
YOUR ALL WRONG
The 2014   will be a true GREEN machine
No gas at all,
 it will be Lithium Ion Powered.
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Madcow

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 09:00:13 PM »
it will be Lithium Ion Powered.
They will use the old batteries Boeing takes out of the 787 Dreamliner.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 09:10:20 PM »
Green?  :-\

Offline eng943

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2013, 06:24:53 AM »
I am definately at the crossroads with my C14. I really like the Trophy, though being a first year model, I would prefer to wait at least a year. The K16GT is the pinnacle of sport touring machines, but I don't yet know that I want to spend that kind of money again. The FJR is now better, but still not the touring weapon the Trophy and K16 are in terms of comfort, weather protection, convenience. Add to that a new BMW RT is due out next year with a more powerful water cooled boxer, dynamic suspension, traditionally lighter weight, etc.

My right sided brain tells me to buy MC Cruise, and live with the C14 for another year, horde some cash, and see how the new RT, Trophy, and possibly a refreshed C14 look in a year, Honestly, if a new C14 scrapped these completely horrendous linked brakes, kipass, and offered a bigger fuel tank, along with a cruise option that worked beyond 80 mph (unlike FJR), it could be the best sport tourer out there dollar for dollar for me.

Until then, it is kind of a love/hate thing for me and my C14.   
2017 C14 - AST Risers / Peg Lowering kit / mccruise /Garmin 595/Shoodaben MR / Area P / Kawi Touring Seat.

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2013, 03:35:10 PM »
I'll keep My 08 until the nuclear powered Connie is released. Replace the fuel pill, and the KiPass batteries once every couple of years.

I saw a documentary the other day mentioning that a trident submarine requires about 9 pounds of Uranium every 20 years... I think a piece the size of a dice should power the beast forever. It'd cost some, but hey! no more taking the key from the FOB or the stove knob (and bending it) to open that pesky gasshole...
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline Cuda

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2013, 08:59:55 PM »
I am definately at the crossroads with my C14. I really like the Trophy, though being a first year model, I would prefer to wait at least a year. The K16GT is the pinnacle of sport touring machines, but I don't yet know that I want to spend that kind of money again. The FJR is now better, but still not the touring weapon the Trophy and K16 are in terms of comfort, weather protection, convenience. Add to that a new BMW RT is due out next year with a more powerful water cooled boxer, dynamic suspension, traditionally lighter weight, etc.

My right sided brain tells me to buy MC Cruise, and live with the C14 for another year, horde some cash, and see how the new RT, Trophy, and possibly a refreshed C14 look in a year, Honestly, if a new C14 scrapped these completely horrendous linked brakes, kipass, and offered a bigger fuel tank, along with a cruise option that worked beyond 80 mph (unlike FJR), it could be the best sport tourer out there dollar for dollar for me.

Until then, it is kind of a love/hate thing for me and my C14.

You should do US a favour...
Buy a BMW and go AWAY  ;)  PLEASE
YOU will never be happy even with the newest and greatest BMW 1200
I'm SURE you will find many falts in that bike also...
But you need to buy one just to answer all those questions floating around in your utopian DREAM.
BMW BMW BMW IT'S THE ANSWER
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline eng943

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2013, 10:18:13 AM »

You should do US a favour...
Buy a BMW and go AWAY  ;)  PLEASE
YOU will never be happy even with the newest and greatest BMW 1200
I'm SURE you will find many falts in that bike also...
But you need to buy one just to answer all those questions floating around in your utopian DREAM.
BMW BMW BMW IT'S THE ANSWER

Not only is your lack of tolerance disturbing, but your spelling and reasoning skills leave a little room for personal growth.

Now, in spite of liking many thing about my C14, I find that there is some room for improvement next design. As do others here, and pardon me for mentioning Yamaha, Triumph and number one on your myopic hate list..BMW.

Now, the rest of the adults are having a reasonable conversation. Go take your meds, and find your happy place Jr.       

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2013, 11:23:45 AM »
I would love to have a BMW if I knew I would get a good one, but none the less any maintenance and parts are still going to be steep. They are pretty much solely responsible for the whole sport touring "and" ADV segments that exist today, we all should thank BMW for that. And on the other popular segment, is there a super sport that has or can dethrone the S1000 RR ? My goodness is that machine sexy!!!!

2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2013, 12:09:38 PM »
And on the other popular segment, is there a super sport that has or can dethrone the S1000 RR ?

Maybe something with more R's Z's and X's....  Like a RXZZ1000XRRRRRR? 

My goodness is that machine sexy!!!!

And some on here think the Concours' muffler is ugly???  Yeesh.  And what is with that "box" it goes into??
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2013, 12:40:33 PM »
I would love to have a BMW if I knew I would get a good one, but none the less any maintenance and parts are still going to be steep. They are pretty much solely responsible for the whole sport touring "and" ADV segments that exist today, we all should thank BMW for that. And on the other popular segment, is there a super sport that has or can dethrone the S1000 RR ? My goodness is that machine sexy!!!!

+1

^^^^^^competition within the industry is what keeps its good for us consumers  :D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2013, 01:56:42 PM »
Maybe something with more R's Z's and X's....  Like a RXZZ1000XRRRRRR? 

And some on here think the Concours' muffler is ugly???  Yeesh.  And what is with that "box" it goes into??

Called EPA emissions on a factory 180hp race bike. Don't worry, practically nobody keeps that stock exhaust.  ;)

YUMMY!!!!!!

2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2013, 06:00:55 PM »
That looks much nicer.
Joel from Maine.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2013, 08:49:03 PM »
I hear a silent rumor that KIPASS will be upgraded.

Offline Jaxter

• Blue might not be fastest, but it's my favorite
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2013, 10:13:36 PM »
I wonder if KAW will ever install the night vision system they developed (and patented) for the Connie...it was supposed to be on the 2010, but for some reason it never happened.
I've Never Had A Better Day