Author Topic: Any rumored changes for 14?  (Read 36548 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: Any rumored changes for 14?
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2013, 05:22:04 AM »
snip...

And some on here think the Concours' muffler is ugly???  Yeesh.

The most shocking thing is that some here don't.    :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2013, 05:31:18 AM »

::battle::
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2013, 09:21:28 AM »

:rotflmao: :thumbs: :chugbeer:

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2013, 10:31:46 AM »
I hear a silent rumor that KIPASS will be upgraded.

yeah, it won't require battery, will be made of metal instead of plastic, and it will avoid fumbling in your pockets when you want to refuel or open the side cases.
oh... wait... that sounds like a key...
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2013, 10:39:39 AM »
I love my C14, but if mama Kaw added cruise, larger tank, fixed the horrible linked brakes, and dropped in the zx14r's new torque monster engine, Id be first in line  ;D

As for rumors for 2014....I got nothin  :(

+1 Cruise is not that bid a deal to me because I already have it on my 2010 but wouldn't complain if they offered factory cruise (please don't limit to 80mph thank you very much). But the stroked motor and larger tank would make me consider it. How hard would it be to give the brakes 3 modes instead of 2. Heavily linked, lightly linked and no link at all. Seems that would satisfy everyone.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2013, 04:44:38 PM »
The C14 is already too heavy IMHO, and why is there no reverse?  :banghead:  I am still throwing around trading the C14 for a Vstrom plus some cash, have a good buddy that seems mighty interested. Not sure I would ever want to own another bike this heavy again, or with this much "expensive" plastic to bust from just a drop in the parking lot or garage.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2013, 05:05:40 PM »
I hear a silent rumor that KIPASS will be upgraded.

But KiPass couldn't possibly gain 'mo pow-ah
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Son of Pappy

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2013, 05:06:54 PM »
But KiPass couldn't possibly gain 'mo pow-ah
I was thinking truly keyless entry and built in alarm.

Offline eng943

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2013, 05:49:10 PM »
+1 Cruise is not that bid a deal to me because I already have it on my 2010 but wouldn't complain if they offered factory cruise (please don't limit to 80mph thank you very much). But the stroked motor and larger tank would make me consider it. How hard would it be to give the brakes 3 modes instead of 2. Heavily linked, lightly linked and no link at all. Seems that would satisfy everyone.

Ehh you're all a bunch of whiners...buy a BMW and go AWAY lol!!

I agree, if Kawasaki copied the Yamaha cruise control concept, I'd say no thanks and buy an Mc Cruise. However, an optional mode to bypass linked brakes is a great idea, and a 6.5 gallon tank would make the C14 an improved weapon.

I would add a little upper fairing as opposed to relying on the windshield so much. Add some revised gauges, stock 190/55 rear, and I would bet the C14 would be at the top of the list.

The good news is most of our gripes can be resolved via the aftermarket for now.       
2017 C14 - AST Risers / Peg Lowering kit / mccruise /Garmin 595/Shoodaben MR / Area P / Kawi Touring Seat.
Second Bike 2017 BMW R12R

Offline u92

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2013, 06:22:18 PM »
Problem is if Kawi adds too much the cost would have to go up and right now is'nt the C14 a couple thousand cheaper than the FJR and ST1300? Hopefully if they add the criuse control it's a factory option. I think the C14 definitely needs a larger fuel tank and my one wish would be adjustable foot pegs. It would be nice to be able to set the pegs back and up a little for sport riding and forward for touring.
2009 C14

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2013, 07:33:34 PM »
Ehh you're all a bunch of whiners...buy a BMW and go AWAY lol!!

"All"?  I haven't whined at all about the brakes (I think they are fine, but I understand others' concerns), and cruise is hardly worth ditching a superior bike for an extremely overpriced BMW :)

gauges, stock 190/55 rear, and I would bet the C14 would be at the top of the list.  The good news is most of our gripes can be resolved via the aftermarket for now. 

It already is at the top of the list.  But it can be more firmly at the top of the list with some rather simple tweaks.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2013, 07:40:47 PM »
Problem is if Kawi adds too much the cost would have to go up and right now is'nt the C14 a couple thousand cheaper than the FJR and ST1300? Hopefully if they add the criuse control it's a factory option. I think the C14 definitely needs a larger fuel tank and my one wish would be adjustable foot pegs. It would be nice to be able to set the pegs back and up a little for sport riding and forward for touring.

Cruise control- maybe $100 for them to add... at the most?
Adjustable pegs- almost no cost.
Change the TPMS to use larger and replaceable batteries- almost no cost.
Larger fuel tank- no cost.
More brake linking modes- no cost.
Different performance profile settings- no cost.

There are a lot of things that can be improved at little to no cost.  Super-fancy headlights and remote/fob unlockable luggage/tank- now those would add cost.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2013, 09:09:31 PM »
Cruise control- maybe $100 for them to add... at the most?
Adjustable pegs- almost no cost.
Change the TPMS to use larger and replaceable batteries- almost no cost.
Larger fuel tank- no cost.
More brake linking modes- no cost.
Different performance profile settings- no cost.

There are a lot of things that can be improved at little to no cost.  Super-fancy headlights and remote/fob unlockable luggage/tank- now those would add cost.

Everything that gets a design change involves cost, from engineering to production and beyond.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline PH14

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2013, 09:14:53 PM »

They could save money by removing KIPASS and have a key that will fit easily into your pocket, and be easy to remove from the ignition, and have bags you can shut without locking, locking only when you want.  :stirpot:

:popcorn:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2013, 05:27:47 AM »
Everything that gets a design change involves cost, from engineering to production and beyond.

Well, of course that is true.

Offline speed545

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2013, 05:45:50 AM »
I read somewhere that Kawi did ask customers of Gen1 C14 about improvments to make before launching the Gen 2.

Well, not sure customers asked for linked brakes  ;) but I though it was a good idea to relies on customers experiences to make sure they do changes.

Any process like that going on? If not, why don't we just feed them officially?

08, Concours 14
Montreal Fire Dept

Offline eng943

« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2013, 07:21:56 AM »
"All"?  I haven't whined at all about the brakes (I think they are fine, but I understand others' concerns), and cruise is hardly worth ditching a superior bike for an extremely overpriced BMW :)

It already is at the top of the list.  But it can be more firmly at the top of the list with some rather simple tweaks.

The whining was just hyperbole/sarcasm, and yes ditching the C14 only for lack of cruise to buy a K16GT might be silly when MC Cruise or Rosata can be added.

As for my C14 being superior to say a K16GT....ummm no, not even close unless you are arguing value. On point, you can throw big money on C14 farkles and still not be in the same league as the K16. There's no shame in that either, the C14 is an incredible bike for the money.

I owned a K16GT, and loved it, but even so, when I ride the C14 minor gripes not withstanding, I am always impressed.

As for BMW overpriced, that's pretty subjective, and I would not try to dispense that declaration as being fact.

2017 C14 - AST Risers / Peg Lowering kit / mccruise /Garmin 595/Shoodaben MR / Area P / Kawi Touring Seat.
Second Bike 2017 BMW R12R

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2013, 08:08:04 AM »
The good news is most of our gripes can be resolved via the aftermarket for now.       

+1

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2013, 08:20:09 AM »
The whining was just hyperbole/sarcasm, and yes ditching the C14 only for lack of cruise to buy a K16GT might be silly when MC Cruise or Rosata can be added.

As for my C14 being superior to say a K16GT....ummm no, not even close unless you are arguing value. On point, you can throw big money on C14 farkles and still not be in the same league as the K16. There's no shame in that either, the C14 is an incredible bike for the money.

I owned a K16GT, and loved it, but even so, when I ride the C14 minor gripes not withstanding, I am always impressed.

As for BMW overpriced, that's pretty subjective, and I would not try to dispense that declaration as being fact.

That is way off base, and the motorcycle magazines seem to have a different opinion. The C14 and the FJR have everything that 3/4 of riders want/need and are satisfied with. The BMW adds a bunch of fancy add ons and luxury items, which is really no different then a high end car. Then you add in reliability between the brands, cost of ownership, and finally dealer support and locations.......then you are right in it not even being close.  ;) Like I said before, I will be getting away from the big heavy bikes sooner than later, I did more than fine traveling the country on a Vstrom 1000.......and went places the C14 could not.  :thumbs:
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline Conrad

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2013, 08:31:56 AM »
What is it with Kawasaki that they can't seem to understand that folks would like to have cruise control on these bikes? Is that really asking too much?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn