Author Topic: Camera Mount under Bike?  (Read 15119 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Camera Mount under Bike?
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2013, 05:01:35 AM »
putting a camera in the exhaust?   :o

Offline MGvaleri

« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2013, 05:17:21 AM »
putting a camera in the exhaust?   :o

:doh:

MG valerio ;)
Centauro ancora a  60 anni,..che non finisca mai!!!

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2013, 07:39:17 AM »
The stop to keep the center stand from folding is brilliant.

Offline MGvaleri

« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2013, 09:44:44 AM »

Con dado da aggiungere al pernio reggi ammortizzatore e bussola esagonale con pernio filettato al suo interno,il gioco รจ fatto.

MGvalerio. ;)

Offline Jay

• 1979 Kawasaki KZ1000ST
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2013, 01:09:33 PM »

Used 17mm & 19mm impact sockets (one on each side) for last tire change and it saved me from disaster!
Thanks MGvalerio!

As for a camera mount under your bike, it could be interesting for about a minute...from the videos I've seen, anyway.
Unless you're really into tires, or surface conditions, or roadkill, an under the bike view is better as a part of a compilation.

If you have a couple of cameras in different spots, some editing skills, and an interesting route, that might be interesting.  :)
- 2011 Kawasaki Concours 14, Black
- 1979 Kawasaki KZ1000ST (Shaft Drive)
- 1976 Triumph Bonneville 750

Offline flitemdic

« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2013, 01:26:46 PM »
The one I mounted to the bottom of the fairing lasted about an hour before road debris took it out.  I have the video of it happening here somewhere......

Offline MGvaleri

« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2013, 03:48:40 PM »
Used 17mm & 19mm impact sockets (one on each side) for last tire change and it saved me from disaster!
Thanks MGvalerio!

used 19mm.impact sockets

MGvalerio.

Offline stewart

« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2013, 06:33:30 PM »
I haven't been on the forum for a while, summer's just been way too crazy. Camping, work, new puppy in the house....i've ridden very little this year.

Back on topic. I mounted the Camera under the bike and took it to the track day....I'd like to share the video, but the camera fell off and smashed itself to bits, and I lost the memory card. I didn't account for the heat under the bike which made the adhesive loosen up. The adhesive mounts were fine in other locations, but with less vibrations. Next time I will figure out a way to hard mount it.

I guess new POV camera for the ski season is in order.
Stewart
2010 Concours14
COG 9380

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2013, 04:00:49 PM »
Martin, sorry to start off in the middle of a rant. This helmet law/ personal freedom debate has been going on for so long over here that I tend to go off. I choose to wear a helmet every time I climb on a motorcycle. I believe it is the right choice and would like to see more people make that choice. Choice being the operative word. The mandatory helmet law people do not believe in personal freedom and freedom of choice. They know that a helmet is more important than training and education. An old argument is that if you don't wear a helmet and are injured in a wreck, you are going to cost the tax payers for your care. It's an argument based on assumptions instead of facts. I have a very strong libertarian streak that causes me to want to be left alone to make my own decisions, right or wrong. This mindset also allows for others to do the same. If someone chooses to waste their life in the gutter so be it. I can choose to step over their dead body and not feel to bad about it.

gPink,
sorry it took a while to come back to this thread, work is killing me. But I agree with your views. No facts, no reason to push such a law. And no, I can't show you statistics about this. So I have to agree with you or trust the politicians  :-X

Max, make that three peas.
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.