Author Topic: Silver Arai Corsair V helmet in Large. 2 liner sizes, great cond. $230 shipped  (Read 1171 times)

Offline billyzoom

Hi, folks.

Okay.  After buying one of the optional thicker sets of Arai pads (the crown piece) to try to improve the fit of this helmet, I realized that I bought the wrong SIZE helmet, and that I bought a helmet for the wrong head shape.  This helmet uses the shape that fits most people.

Imagine my surprise when I learned that, among my other deformities, I have a funky long head.  Not to mention that I actually should be wearing a medium, not a large.  So I bought a Signet-Q in medium which is more the long oval shape, and it fits me beautifully.   So this baby is up for sale. 

Arai's are handmade helmets, so they're all great in my opinion.  This is even nicer though, as it's one of their race-level helmets.  Extensive venting, adjustable wing in the rear.  It also has some type of cheekpad quick release for EMTs in the event of an accident...makes it simple for the cheek pads to be removed, making it easier to remove the helmet while reducing possibility of neck injury.

Anyway...this helmet was purchased by me brand new, was used for less than a year, and I only ride for pleasure so it did not get daily use.  The thicker liner was purchased recently, and the helmet is in very good condition.  NEVER CRASHED, BUMPED OR DROPPED.  Even though it didn't fit me perfectly, it was much quieter than the Shoei I replaced with it.  I can imagine that it's even more quiet when it fits perfectly.  Ha.

What I loved most about the helmet was the comfort and the venting.  The venting is truly effective, and was very welcome here in So Cal.  Has multi-position chin vent, brow vents, and multiple scalp vents.  The comfort was also fantastic, but since I bought it too big it moved a bit on my head.  You will get both helmet liners, which will make for an even more custom fit.  I don't recall the thickness of the headpiece I bought, but I know it was the next thicker from stock.  It cost I think an extra $30 or so. 

Helmet is very clean and in very good condition.  The shield is also in good shape...there's a funky reflection in the pic that looks like a shield issue, but it's just reflection.  You can see some VERY slight signs of use...only one I see worth mentioning is a bit of a rub near the chin area, and it's not easy to see. You can't even see it in the picture.  Must have been from my opening the chin vent.   Also, that little dot in the pic in the middle of the Arai sticker was just a bug speck.  I cleaned the helmet a bit better after taking the pics and it came right off. 

This is selling at Competition Accessories for $675 today.  Selling it for $230 shipped to the lower 48.  I will an Arai cloth bag.  Get a handmade race-level helmet for less than half of the new price.  Not bad!  And the beautiful silver matches all those allegedly speedy silver bikes!  ;)

I just dropped the price some after checking on the date of manufacture on this helmet.  I would have guessed maybe 2010, but it says 2008.  As I mentioned previously, I'm the original buyer and it was first used fairly recently.  But that's worth a price drop.  Still has a few years of life in it officially though.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 02:39:22 PM by billyzoom »
2007 Ducati S4Rs
2012 Kawasaki Concours

Offline ZG

• Arena
Great lid at a great price!  :thumbs:

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
It's the wrong size for me as I'd be all over this is it were!!!!
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
It's the wrong size for me as I'd be all over this is it were!!!!

+1 :thumbs: