Author Topic: Guhl's ECU Flash For The Kawasaki Concours 1400 / GTR 1400...Group Buy?  (Read 73365 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: Guhl's ECU Flash For The Kawasaki Concours 1400 / GTR 1400...Group Buy?
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2013, 06:33:49 AM »
Yes, I did.

Oh well, that's good. Care to share that info with the class? If it's not too much trouble that is.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2013, 07:58:31 AM »
 :rotflmao:   You have to be careful what you say to me.  You know I'm a screwball by nature...

I know he supports the Area P and K&N combo which is what I have.  There are other combinations as well.  He told me he has done bikes from 09 on up.  08/09 are similar.  I think whomever sets this up needs to get that piece of information for each rider and verify with Don that he can do it for them.  I did ask about any ABS issues with the reflash and he said that he had none as far as he knew.  I don't want to lose that feature.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2013, 08:01:31 AM »
:rotflmao:   You have to be careful what you say to me.  You know I'm a screwball by nature...

I know he supports the Area P and K&N combo which is what I have.  There are other combinations as well.  He told me he has done bikes from 09 on up.  08/09 are similar.  I think whomever sets this up needs to get that piece of information for each rider and verify with Don that he can do it for them.  I did ask about any ABS issues with the reflash and he said that he had none as far as he knew.  I don't want to lost that feature.

My ECU arrived at Guhl this morning. I can test that as mine is an ABS bike.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2013, 08:03:00 AM »

What exactly did you ask Don to program into your ECU?

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline stewart

« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2013, 08:09:24 AM »

I have a 2010 with ABS and Traction Control work per normal, same with ABS.

The Guhl Flash has been rock solid.

Stewart
Stewart
2010 Concours14
COG 9380

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2013, 09:09:19 AM »
What exactly did you ask Don to program into your ECU?

Better low end power which I assume is accomplished by opening the fly's sooner and remove the speed limiter. Also confirmed that if and when I add aftermarket exhaust he would flash again for the cost of shipping only.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2013, 09:25:42 AM »
Thanks guys.

Offline katata1100

« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2013, 09:34:13 AM »

I know he supports the Area P and K&N combo which is what I have.  There are other combinations as well.  He told me he has done bikes from 09 on up.  08/09 are similar.  I think whomever sets this up needs to get that piece of information for each rider and verify with Don that he can do it for them.  I did ask about any ABS issues with the reflash and he said that he had none as far as he knew.  I don't want to lose that feature.
He also told me that if you have an aftermarket can (not full exhaust), that'll get a different tune that a bike with a potato launcher.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2013, 10:04:18 AM »
I have a 2010 with ABS and Traction Control work per normal, same with ABS.

The Guhl Flash has been rock solid.

Stewart

Excellent! Have you had a chance to actually get ABS to kick in?

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2013, 10:08:15 AM »
I'm sure ZG,  he's a swinger.... and well known... ;D , would go to the OTHER forum  ::) and post the same deal

Nope, I'm not in on this one Cuda, I pulled the flies and did a custom map on a dyno for my PCV, I'm good.  :)

Offline stewart

« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2013, 10:30:34 AM »
Excellent! Have you had a chance to actually get ABS to kick in?

Yes several times due to sand on the road. The bike functions normally in every aspect other than the tweaks to the fly's and maps, which is why I went the flash route. Obviously if you ask to have the rev and speed limit raised, that will also change. But I didn't.
Stewart
2010 Concours14
COG 9380

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #91 on: February 26, 2013, 11:04:31 AM »
Yes several times due to sand on the road. The bike functions normally in every aspect other than the tweaks to the fly's and maps, which is why I went the flash route. Obviously if you ask to have the rev and speed limit raised, that will also change. But I didn't.

Thanks Stewart! Good news indeed! 8)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2013, 12:36:44 PM »
Guhl just called, they received my ECU this morning, flashed it and it's already on it's way back by FedEx. Weather permitting I'll be checking it out this weekend. That's customer service!   :hail:

Offline stewart

« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2013, 01:17:56 PM »
Guhl just called, they received my ECU this morning, flashed it and it's already on it's way back by FedEx. Weather permitting I'll be checking it out this weekend. That's customer service!   :hail:

In case it hasn't been covered, just make sure you disconnect the battery before you plug it back in. I didn't (lazy) although I had no issues, I did experience on startup the dash reporting a F1 error. I turned the bike off then on and everything was ok, never to be seen again. I recall others reporting the same thing so it may just be the bike getting over a hang-over of loosing its brain for a while.

Enjoy.
Stewart
2010 Concours14
COG 9380

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2013, 01:31:29 PM »
In case it hasn't been covered, just make sure you disconnect the battery before you plug it back in. I didn't (lazy) although I had no issues, I did experience on startup the dash reporting a F1 error. I turned the bike off then on and everything was ok, never to be seen again. I recall others reporting the same thing so it may just be the bike getting over a hang-over of loosing its brain for a while.

Enjoy.

Thanks again! It never occurred to me but good safety tip.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #95 on: February 26, 2013, 02:03:48 PM »
 :yikes: Did you not disconnect the battery to remove the ecu?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #96 on: February 26, 2013, 02:19:20 PM »
 :yikes: :yikes: good way to fry anything electronic :yikes: :yikes:   Lord knows, I've fried my share....cut a 120v power cord with dykes (got a small mushroom cloud with that one), fried a very expensive tape backup drive,  and on and on and on.  You would think I would learn.  Just yesterday I left the oil cap off the Prius after checking it....  Nothing to do with this of course, but I think my mind may be going, if it hasn't already.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline ZG

• Arena

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #98 on: February 26, 2013, 02:29:49 PM »

Offline ZG

• Arena