Author Topic: Wanted Oregon Dirt Bike riders  (Read 1778 times)

Son of Pappy

Wanted Oregon Dirt Bike riders
« on: February 18, 2013, 02:07:20 PM »
WANTED
OHV enthusiast, Club members & weekend riders,

Puget Sound Safety-Off Road (PSSOR) is looking for active class III (motorcycle) off-road riders that are willing to invest time in support of our sport. This is an opportunity to increase your involvement by becoming a paid part-time class III ATV (motorcycle) instructor.

Oregon has made a commitment to reducing OHV related accidents with the help of PSSOR, the OMRA, riding clubs and enthusiast like you. Effective Jan 1 2012 Oregon law requires ALL youth to successfully complete a hands-on training course, this is where you can make a difference.

We are looking to train instructors of all skill levels so don’t rule yourself out before talking with us.  If you have the desire and heart for this we want to talk to you. We are not looking for motocross or world class champions, we need club riders, trail riders, young, and old.  You must be an effective communicator who can talk the talk and walk the walk, in other words, practice what you preach. 

Class III ATV training in Oregon is extremely limited making it difficult for our younger riders to comply with the law. Due to the lack of available training the OMRA has worked with Oregon Parks and Recreation to provide a skills test that will allow our children to receive the proper documents to be legal on the trails but this is a temporary solution to the law and does not address the problem.  Beginning in the spring of 2013 PSSOR will be hosting training sites throughout the state to offer proper and complete training for youth, 3 levels of adult classes, dual-sport courses & Adventure camps for the big bikes..  But we need local riders like you to become instructors to train at these sites!

Besides being paid to do what you love you will earn respect and have pride in knowing the training you are offering will help advance riders skills and to help further equip them for the trails or track.  It’s a nice feeling knowing that what you are doing will help preserve our right to ride on public lands.

Our next class III ATV instructor certification program will be offered at the Salem Fair Grounds March 2013.  If you are interested email or call us for more information and details.  We will also be hosting several instructor training information sessions in Western OR. You will never know if this was right for you unless you call… do don’t hesitate, call today!

To contact us:

www.PSSOR.com
www.advcamp.com

Email:
admin@pugetsoundsafety.com

Phone:
253-770-8888

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Wanted Oregon Dirt Bike riders
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 05:14:15 PM »
I'm moving this out to the Open area.  It will get more views there..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Son of Pappy

Re: Wanted Oregon Dirt Bike riders
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 06:39:09 PM »
Thanks Jim!  If anyone is interested shoot me a PM and we'll talk :)
You won't get rich, but seeing a 6 year old with an ear to ear grin is priceless ;D