Author Topic: Sent my ECU to Guhl ...... and just got it back....  (Read 19087 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Sent my ECU to Guhl ...... and just got it back....
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2013, 05:54:19 PM »
No worries Max, it'll carry your weight. And as long as it's moving it doesn't matter how tall you are.

Offline sas mayhem

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2013, 03:43:33 AM »
Ok gang one more quick update. Yesterday I rode 2up with Debbie, for a couple of hundred miles.  Mile fuel consumption was unchanged, I still had the same increase of 2-3 miles.  Also one major difference that I noticed is the increase torque felt my acceleration  with 2 up is more than me riding solo before the re flash. In fact I will say by the seat of the pants. I would out accelerate myself 2-up with the reflash againt myself solo before the reflash. Also pulling from a red light I no longer have to upshift half way thru the intersection, the increase torqure at a lesser throttle postion pulls me/us without an issue. I can happily ride in the city in 1-2 gear with out reving the motor or lugging.

Cheers
Ron
09 Connie
...try to live a day without doing one of the 5 D’s....Deny, Defer, Deflect, Discount and Deceit...tougher than it sounds....

Offline Conrad

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2013, 04:49:42 AM »
Oh geeze, looks like I'm going to have to do this too.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Online VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2013, 05:01:04 AM »
Took you long enough...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2013, 05:05:16 AM »
Sometimes I'm a lil slow on these bandwagon things.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline pistole

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2013, 06:24:30 AM »
price was 375.00 and well worth it

- sounds like a good deal there !

Offline Cuda

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2013, 08:19:03 AM »
Not me... I am only 155!

I knew it!
your   still in High School

Does Kitty want to play with the Rat Pack 

One day the Jack R and the Rat Terrier got a Rat one had the front the other the back , they ripped it in half like if you used a knife :D
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline Conrad

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2013, 08:39:20 AM »

I knew it!

One day the Jack R and the Rat Terrier got a Rat one had the front the other the back , they ripped it in half like if you used a knife :D

Maybe they were making a wish, who got the largest part?    ;)

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2013, 01:45:31 PM »
I might be tempted to jump on the Guhl bandwagon too if it was playin' some less expensive tunes. Does anyone on this site know Guhl a little better to see if he would agree to a 'group re-flash' or at least a little break for fellow Connie Forum member freaks.  $375.00 for the Grand Flashmaster Guhl's black magic seems a bit much.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2013, 02:09:22 PM »
I might be tempted to jump on the Guhl bandwagon too if it was playin' some less expensive tunes. Does anyone on this site know Guhl a little better to see if he would agree to a 'group re-flash' or at least a little break for fellow Connie Forum member freaks.  $375.00 for the Grand Flashmaster Guhl's black magic seems a bit much.
Considering the price of a PCV and Auto tune and the potential issues with a piggyback controller I would say it's a fair price for what you get.  You also have the option of getting all the RPMs she capable of, something the PCV won't unlock for us.  Speaking for me, full AreaP, and ZX TBs another 1000 RPMs would be nice when the mood strikes ;D

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2013, 02:47:00 PM »
You still have to figure cost of R&D and the value of Don's intellectual property rights as he is the one who spent the time to crack the code. Also I think a second reflash is at no charge or reduced rate. There was talk of Guhl selling hardware and software coded to a single ecu so you could do your own tinkering. I don't know if this is going to happen.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2013, 03:02:41 PM »
Folks should not confuse "software" costs/upgrades/revisions/releases as having anything whatsoever to do with costs of hardware, materials, parts, etc as its a whole different world.
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2013, 04:16:30 PM »
I knew it!
!

HA!  I graduated 26 years ago.

I am afraid that would put your dogs in grave danger... My Zach almost certainly weighs more than one of those terriers and is pure muscle (Maine Coon) with HUGE paws bearing HUGE razor sharp claws.  Would tear them to shreds :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2013, 04:18:07 PM »
Folks should not confuse "software" costs/upgrades/revisions/releases as having anything whatsoever to do with costs of hardware, materials, parts, etc as its a whole different world.

One doesn't do any good without the other. Or am I missing something?

Offline stewart

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2013, 09:12:46 PM »
I paid my money and it was worth it. And I think its fair to ask if Guhl would do a group buy. But if you want cheap or free....then write the software and learn the skills and do it yourself.
Stewart
2010 Concours14
COG 9380

Offline ssbraun

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2013, 09:43:00 PM »
I sooooo want to do this ('specially since my last bike was an '07 gsx-r1000)...the C14 is no slouch, but knowing there's lots more to be so easily uncorked is driving me nuts!  I just worry about the warranty thing.... :-\
Ayrton Senna ... "Oh, dat fla tie rella fack up ebertang!"
Past rides...'83 GS750ES,'84 GS750SE (Canada only),'85 FJ1100;'98VTR1000F Firestorm;'07GSX-R1000
Current ride...'12 C14 Candy Arabian Red (even faster than black and silver!!)

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2013, 03:36:44 AM »
I just worry about the warranty thing.... :-\

It can be reflashed back to stock.  8)
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2013, 04:28:34 AM »
!

HA!  I graduated 26 years ago.

I am afraid that would put your dogs in grave danger... My Zach almost certainly weighs more than one of those terriers and is pure muscle (Maine Coon) with HUGE paws bearing HUGE razor sharp claws.  Would tear them to shreds :)

Main Coons are awesome! We had one. she was the best cat ever, we still miss her.   :'(

Offline cablebandit

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2013, 09:47:14 AM »
But if you want cheap or free....then write the software and learn the skills and do it yourself.

Or just pull the flies and ride.   8)

Offline stewart

« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2013, 12:06:18 PM »
Or just pull the flies and ride.   8)

True, but you'd still need a PC.
Stewart
2010 Concours14
COG 9380