Author Topic: Do slip on cans really give more power?  (Read 20133 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Do slip on cans really give more power?
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2013, 06:25:13 AM »
Maxtog is probably not very happy with you right now.  ;) 

He said there was no power difference, which is exactly what I expect.  I have never disputed the weight- although that is minor enough to not noticeably affect performance.

But in his case, the weight and configuration of the stock muffler was causing vibration issues.  Replacing it with something different/lighter improved the situation.  I don't have an vibration issues with my stock muffler (and apparently based on lots of other posts, neither do a lot of people).  But I have seen some people post about vibration problems.  It does make one wonder if, in those cases, replacement of the muffler might help them.  Vibration can be mysterious and frustrating- a lot like how water gets into things.

As far as tracking goes- that I am not sure about.  I don't think I have any issues there, either, but I am not sure since I never let go of the handlebars.  I will leave that for others to ponder, although it might appear to have SOME face validity (since it could be attributable to one-side weight) one has to consider that the other side of the bike is the heavy shaft drive.  Plus one would think that Kawasaki can design their top-end bike to track correctly.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2013, 09:53:28 AM »
Aaa ahh....

Gotta mention this. Back in December, I got my hands on a cf slip-on from ebay.  :-\ I really wasn't after any mods of sort, and I like my bike exhausts OEM quiet. The one I found had a price that couldn't be beat - so what the heck.  8)

I put it on, started the beast, and confirmed that the sound is quiet. Then, I went riding that weekend. My intention was to put the potato launcher back on the bike afterwards and save the slip-on. However, some favorable results were noticed while riding with the slip-on. Power? Didn't notice anything along those lines. I did notice that blipping the throttle for down-shifts that the engine rev'd better. The next best observation was the overall vibration was down - I mean seat, pegs, bars. Everywhere I made contact with the bike. Lastly, when I let go of the bars, the bike now tracks straight as an arrow in flight. The tracking has been check several times now, and I can rule-out any road crown or lack of.

Wanna know how straight it tracks? I'll tell you how straight it tracks. It tracks so straight I can unzip my tank bag, pull out the camera, shoot some pictures, put the camera back in the tank bag, and zip the tank bag closed. That's how straight my Connie tracks now!   ;D

Now, I have no intentions of removing the slip-on. That's how much I like what it did for my Connie.  ;D

What is a "cf" slip on? Carbon Fiber? If so which brand?

motocopter

« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2013, 04:57:47 PM »
What is a "cf" slip on? Carbon Fiber? If so which brand?

Delkevic 18" Carbon Fiber Exhaust Slip-On   :thumbs: