Author Topic: New C3 PRO Schuberth  (Read 7139 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: New C3 PRO Schuberth
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2013, 09:02:02 PM »
She said they don't really have a price yet.  But she also told me that they are not allowed to deviate from the mfrs price unless they are given permission.  She thinks there is a chance they will be able to discount the non-pro version once the pro model comes out.

My dealer will only "match" the internet price of $769. By matching it, they are electing to NOT charge me the FL sales tax on $769 boners which is a great deal for me.

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline pistole

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2013, 09:52:47 PM »
- couple of question for riders who have used Schuberths.

- are they really quieter than other high-end helmets ? ( I cannot imagine the likes of Arai or Shoei not being able to make a "quiet" helmet if they felt like flexing their R&D muscles on the issue).

- does the "quiet" factor actually matter when a rider is using earplugs anyway ?

- is it a branding thing ? ie , most of the people who buy Schuberths also ride machines from that unspeakable maker. Is it a : " I must buy the most expensive thing on the shelf " thing for these riders ?

Flathead

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2013, 10:28:24 PM »
- couple of question for riders who have used Schuberths.

- are they really quieter than other high-end helmets ? ( I cannot imagine the likes of Arai or Shoei not being able to make a "quiet" helmet if they felt like flexing their R&D muscles on the issue).
I tried two other flip up helmets and yes, the C3 was MUCH quieter.

- does the "quiet" factor actually matter when a rider is using earplugs anyway ?
It does to me ;)

- is it a branding thing ? ie , most of the people who buy Schuberths also ride machines from that unspeakable maker. Is it a : " I must buy the most expensive thing on the shelf " thing for these riders ?

Brand had nothing to do with it for me, just comfort and performance but I only compared flip up's. I wear glasses and it is much easier to swap between sun glasses and regular glasses with the flip up. Additionally, I work on a military installation and on days when the alert level is high I would have to remove my helmet, if it were not a flip up, to get on base.
I've never ridden an "unspeakable maker" machine.  :chugbeer:

Offline ugocon

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2013, 01:43:40 AM »

I've never ridden an "unspeakable maker" machine.  :chugbeer:

That's good!  ;D  :chugbeer:
Stand out from the crowd: do not buy a BMW !!!

Offline Cuda

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2013, 03:47:05 AM »
Yeah I saw the video looks like a great unit , but the Shoei I just bought (used,  bird strike) Is quiet
enough for me , I have three new helmuts in one year , I think I'm set.
Most of my driving is done around Naples so the HJC SY-MAX III is good for that , but I have to admit the Shoei is like having ear plugs in ;)
 Great choice on the C3 pro.
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2013, 08:05:28 AM »
I'm betting that the dealer in Denver does not have them yet.  I was at my dealer yesterday who is a large stocking distributor and they have not even been able to place an order yet.  Revzilla also shows them in  "pre-order" status.

I guess your correct. The have the C3 in stock but it says nothing about the C3 PRO.

http://www.bmwofdenver.com/eshopprod_cat_3428-80476_product_1043971.Schuberth_C3_Black_Glossy.htm

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2013, 10:20:12 AM »
I agree, bet I have to pre-order too at my dealer
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2013, 01:09:53 PM »
Mine will be here next week, in Matte black wOOT i can't wait

MUCH cheaper from my local dealer than the online folks are selling the pro for. 

Offline Conrad

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2013, 01:21:32 PM »
A black helmet in Florida?   :o  Um, why?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2013, 01:38:59 PM »
Truthfully I work from home and want to conduct conference calls from my bike instead of office.  I need the quietest helmet possible, even if i spend a little more.
Really?
Is that the best way to use your time on a motorcycle?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2013, 01:58:55 PM »
Really?
Is that the best way to use your time on a motorcycle?

You forgot the most important part of a meeting Gumby!

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2013, 08:22:10 PM »
A black helmet in Florida?   :o  Um, why?

I didn't buy my bike to ride around the island of florida, I ride it all over and coast to coast and occasionally canada too.

by the way, my current shoei RF1100 I've had for 3 years is black.  Its been to the Valley of Fire in Nevada in July and the Desert outside of Phoenix in 118 degree weather off roading  8)

And 114 degrees in Oklahoma! I'd have never believed it could get that hot in OK

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2013, 08:48:50 PM »
Congrats on the new lid Steve, I look forward to the reviews. Nice color choice with the frosted flat black!  8) :chugbeer:

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2013, 10:38:44 PM »
I didn't buy my bike to ride around the island of florida, I ride it all over and coast to coast and occasionally canada too.

by the way, my current shoei RF1100 I've had for 3 years is black.  Its been to the Valley of Fire in Nevada in July and the Desert outside of Phoenix in 118 degree weather off roading  8)

And 114 degrees in Oklahoma! I'd have never believed it could get that hot in OK

Summer of 2011 I rode one day from Fayetteville AR to Clayton NM. Only about 550 miles but it was HOT!!.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2013, 11:59:57 PM »
Congrats on the new lid Steve, I look forward to the reviews. Nice color choice with the frosted flat black!  8) :chugbeer:

Thank you sir !      :D

Summer of 2011 I rode one day from Fayetteville AR to Clayton NM. Only about 550 miles but it was HOT!!.

Yup I know that hot well  :D