Author Topic: 1987 Concours - Gotta let it go. . .  (Read 1866 times)

Offline SlowSam

• 1987 C-10 sans plastic
1987 Concours - Gotta let it go. . .
« on: January 30, 2013, 02:38:13 PM »
Hello, All ~

Age and the economy have taken their toll. Having only been working part time for the past couple of years the upkeep and maintenance on my Connie has gone beyond me.

It's a 1987, sans plastic.  Yes, it's been beat up some but still runs great.

Needs new tires, fork seals, and a lot of TLC.  New battery just last season, and new oil/fluids.  The motor is what I really love.  Runs fine - the engine was rebuilt and blueprinted by 4 & 6 Racing of Chicago, but that was more then a decade ago. 

The odometer does not reflect the true mileage on the bike since it was "zero'd" after the engine rebuild, but currently shows less then 40K.  I would say it's closer to 60K total.

The gas tank has been relined to inhibit rust/fouling out the carbs but could use replacing. Have the hard luggage and mounts as well, all in superb condition.  Brake lines and calipers/discs are relatively new and should have thousands more miles on 'm.

I don't have a garage or tools available or I'd turn this into a piece of "Mad-Max" street/naked inspired art.  Maybe someone else out there can do that.

Insurance is good until the spring - so I can ride it several hundred miles to the purchasing party.  Clean/Clear title.

Make me an offer, but keep it real.  I'm in Chicago.

Cordially, SlowSam

Farkles: Fork Brace.  Braided steel lines.  Upgraded brakes; springs & pads.  Motor rebuilt by 4 & 6 Racing; flouroscoped/blueprinted 2000.  Looking to do more in the very near future.

Offline SlowSam

• 1987 C-10 sans plastic
Re: 1987 Concours - Gotta let it go. . .
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 11:30:01 AM »
Hello - well, no offers means I've had no choice.  Traded the bike for something much more recent and reliable.  I will miss my "Red Queen."  The acceleration, the handling, and the overall feel of riding what was once a superlative motorcycle.

What I won't miss is the constant replacement of pegs, mirrors, and fairing parts I've gone through over the years of coming out in the morning and finding the bike down again due to idiots parking in my neighborhood.
It's strange, but of all the bikes in my neighborhood, only the sport bikes appear to get knocked over.  People steer clear of "cruisers" or park more carefully around them for some reason.

Didn't get much in trade, but I was able to get an estimable ride.  2005, shaft drive, liquid cooled, electronic fuel injected, digital ignition 805cc Suzuki C50 Boulevard with just over 8K miles.  Barely broken in and in excellent condition.

Please place my "for sale" post in the bin.

Cheers, all.
Farkles: Fork Brace.  Braided steel lines.  Upgraded brakes; springs & pads.  Motor rebuilt by 4 & 6 Racing; flouroscoped/blueprinted 2000.  Looking to do more in the very near future.

Offline Edarahk

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 06:54:29 PM »
Hello - well, no offers means I've had no choice.  Traded the bike for something much more recent and reliable.  I will miss my "Red Queen."  The acceleration, the handling, and the overall feel of riding what was once a superlative motorcycle.

What I won't miss is the constant replacement of pegs, mirrors, and fairing parts I've gone through over the years of coming out in the morning and finding the bike down again due to idiots parking in my neighborhood.
It's strange, but of all the bikes in my neighborhood, only the sport bikes appear to get knocked over.  People steer clear of "cruisers" or park more carefully around them for some reason.

Didn't get much in trade, but I was able to get an estimable ride.  2005, shaft drive, liquid cooled, electronic fuel injected, digital ignition 805cc Suzuki C50 Boulevard with just over 8K miles.  Barely broken in and in excellent condition.

Please place my "for sale" post in the bin.

Cheers, all.

WOW!  People knock over your bike in your neighborhood?! 
Need to get some spike strips and place them in a semi circle around your bike :D

Once I came out of Fudruckers and saw some random guy sitting on my bike.  I asked him if he liked it, and then kindly asked him to get off before punching him in the breadbasket and telling him to never sit on another man's bike without asking.  That was back in 07.  Can't imagine what I would do if I someone knocked it over.

Looking for a C10!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 04:11:01 AM »
SlowSam, do you want this nuked?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.