Author Topic: C14- Most stupid things people ask when stopped?  (Read 36741 times)

Offline dvitous

Re: C14- Most stupid things people ask when stopped?
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2013, 02:04:37 PM »
Me and a buddy of mine were headed to the Dragon from the Chicago area.  Made it as far as Lexington, KY with only a lunch stop before I opted to pull over for a rest.  I was afraid I was gonna open my eyes and realize I'd gone straight thru a curve!

Anyway... pull into a rest area, and head for the bathroom.  Come out, and my buddy is sprawled out on his back on the sidewalk in front of his bike, nappin'.  Out cold.

2 women standing over him... and as I walk up, they say in that Kentucky drawl... "Is he all right?!"  ???
Dan Vitous
Naperville, IL

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2013, 03:27:55 PM »
I've had 2 different Z06's try to race me. They both had a shocked look on their face when this giant bagger smoked them.

I am not sure why any non-super-exotic-car driver would be surprised at easily being beaten by ANY sporty motorcycle.  Are they ignorant or just stupid?
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2013, 03:38:48 PM »
I am not sure why any non-super-exotic-car driver would be surprised at easily being beaten by ANY sporty motorcycle. Are they ignorant or just stupid?
Yes
They can't imagine their 50k ego trip being beaten by a 10k motorcycle.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 06:24:07 PM by gPink »

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2013, 03:39:46 PM »
Are they ignorant or just stupid?

Both

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2013, 04:17:57 PM »
The young Mustang GT drivers I've found to be almost as _______ as TSA employees.

They like to impress their GF's by $#%ing with my Connie14 when Teressa and I are two up at red lights.  I smoke  'em so bad I motion for them to "c'mon" the whole way through it.  Then i purposely wait for them to get to the next red light, and wave at their GF and stuff
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #65 on: January 24, 2013, 04:38:04 PM »
The young Mustang GT drivers I've found to be almost as _______ as TSA employees.

They like to impress their GF's by $#%ing with my Connie14 when Teressa and I are two up at red lights.  I smoke  'em so bad I motion for them to "c'mon" the whole way through it.  Then i purposely wait for them to get to the next red light, and wave at their GF and stuff

LOL!   Love it
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2013, 04:57:34 PM »

I'm not much of a street racer but there's no way my old GT would outrun the C14.

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2013, 05:43:25 PM »

What is it with those guys? Had one of them get out of his car because he cut ME off, and got mad that I ended up right on his arse. That was fun. I just went around him and took off before he could do anything.

On topic... I enjoy when little kids stare. I try to wave at them when I see it, as it usually ends up making them smile. Just doing my part to promote the "happy motorcycle rider" image to the next generation.
2011 Concours 14 ABS
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶2̶R̶D̶  SOLD

Offline ARS

« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2013, 05:57:13 PM »

On topic... I enjoy when little kids stare. I try to wave at them when I see it, as it usually ends up making them smile. Just doing my part to promote the "happy motorcycle rider" image to the next generation.
[/quote]

Me too! I always enjoy the smiles of the little ones.  My last wave at a couple kids oogling out thier back window resulted in a frenzy of waves back and a nice smile from Ma & Pa as I passed 'em.

Offline Bourne2Ride

« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2013, 07:45:27 PM »

Me too! I always enjoy the smiles of the little ones.  My last wave at a couple kids oogling out thier back window resulted in a frenzy of waves back and a nice smile from Ma & Pa as I passed 'em.

It's always nice to wave to the kids. I remember when i was a kid traveling x-country by car with the family in the 70s, and seeing the bikers on the road. My brother and I vowed then and there to get bikes when we got older. Now we ride together. Brothers in life, and Brothers on bikes.
Save the Connie and Save the world!
- Heroes

Offline nibby

« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2013, 08:21:11 PM »
I always get a kick out of this one. I ride year round so I get this a lot. "Do you realize how cold it is?"

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2013, 10:33:53 PM »
I always get a kick out of this one. I ride year round so I get this a lot. "Do you realize how cold it is?"

To which I reply, "sorry, I can't hear you, my ears are frozen"

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2013, 12:12:04 AM »
...I enjoy when little kids stare. I try to wave at them when I see it, as it usually ends up making them smile. Just doing my part to promote the "happy motorcycle rider" image to the next generation.

me too. I also remember when I was a kid and thought that bike riders are the coolest thing after an astronaut. Still do.

To which I reply, "sorry, I can't hear you, my ears are frozen"

:rotflmao:
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2013, 02:39:36 AM »

Playing those games can be fun but it can also get you in BIG trouble. If I tired something like that with my wife on the back, well, let's just say that it wouldn't turn out well at all.    :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2013, 08:31:21 AM »
Playing those games can be fun but it can also get you in BIG trouble. If I tired something like that with my wife on the back, well, let's just say that it wouldn't turn out well at all.    :o

Me too. On the very rare occasions when my wife is on the back I can't even approach half throttle without her hitting me on the back and yelling "SLOW DOWN".

Offline Cuda

« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2013, 08:42:19 AM »
You mean you have room for a second person?
My Smuggler takes up all the space ;)
If someone wants to ride with me they need to find a ride
SOLO
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline Conrad

« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2013, 09:58:25 AM »
Me too. On the very rare occasions when my wife is on the back I can't even approach half throttle without her hitting me on the back and yelling "SLOW DOWN".

That's my wife's middle name! She tells me that it's not that she really minds going fast, it's that leaning business in the turns that she doesn't like, just don't lean so much!   :o

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2013, 10:25:19 AM »
You gotta tell her "No lean...No turn"
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline Conrad

« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2013, 11:21:58 AM »
I've tried, believe me!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2013, 01:16:58 PM »
Of course, you could have the wife that wants to help stabilize the bike by putting her feet down.  Took me awhile to figure out that one.  Couldn't understand why I was having trouble at stops....
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.