Author Topic: Sandy Hook - Earplugs and tactical reloads  (Read 7224 times)

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
Sandy Hook - Earplugs and tactical reloads
« on: January 07, 2013, 06:47:17 AM »
http://www.courant.com/news/connecticut/newtown-sandy-hook-school-shooting/hc-sandyhook-lanza-earplugs-20130106,0,2370630.story

The coward did tactical reloads. where did he learn that, I wonder? video games maybe?  Other info pops out of this article too, like the 20 round shotgun he had. The more info that comes out, the more you see his mother had a HUGE role in this - This is a clear case that although SHE could legally own firearms, having this kind of firepower with a known wierdo / nut in the house shows an incredible sense of stupidity, which ultimately cost her life and 26 other innocents. Steve

Offline Miss Silvera

• "Listen With Your Eyes"
Re: Sandy Hook - Earplugs and tactical reloads
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 07:51:32 AM »
IF she had been a responsible gun owner...MAYBE...all of this could have be adverted..

BUY A GUN SAFE!   No excuses fo ANYONE not securing their weapons ...

If the government wants to institute a new law...make it purchasing a vault or a securable lock box......

jest sayin.............
"Listen With Your Eyes" 
Identify, Acquire, Press, Press, Move
Wit, Grit, Courage,and Determination .....
win gunfights

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 07:54:04 AM »
IF she had been a responsible gun owner...MAYBE...all of this could have be adverted..

BUY A GUN SAFE!   No excuses fo ANYONE not securing their weapons ...

If the government wants to institute a new law...make it purchasing a vault or a securable lock box......

jest sayin.............

+1. Check out the gunvault safes - I just got one for Christmas. Set the code on the touchpad and you can access in about 1 second. Everyone else is locked out. Steve

devilboy

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 08:11:06 AM »
All of my weapons are locked  up or on my person in my home  if anyone else is in the house.
Proper gun storage and handling  is THE most important thing that people neglect to do.
When there is someone in the home  that is possibly (probably) mentally compromised, this is more important
would it have made a difference???  Dunno.....   Mom probably would have given her  son the combo or key to safe anyway.
It seems he was well versed in gun handling so he most likely was a regular or occasional  visitor to the range...

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 08:13:04 AM »
Let me chime in for the liberals, had mom not had the guns they wouldn't have been used in a massacre   :P

What a  bunch of BS too
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 08:35:18 AM »
Steve - that's my point SHE should have been responsible and not had the guns. She knew he was "not right". I know we hold the criminal responsible, but I do think that in the case of a mentally ill individual, his caretakers HAVE assumed responsibility for that person. Steve

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 08:48:12 AM »
Steve - that's my point SHE should have been responsible and not had the guns. She knew he was "not right". I know we hold the criminal responsible, but I do think that in the case of a mentally ill individual, his caretakers HAVE assumed responsibility for that person. Steve

^^^agreed
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Miss Silvera

• "Listen With Your Eyes"
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 01:40:58 PM »
I suppose my true meaning behind my post is...If you are gonna/do own firearms....you SHOULD keep them safe and from hands that don't need to have access.   

I live alone.    I have vaults.   

should we make more gun laws.....NO... We should enforce the ones we have...especially the criminal act  while in posession of a gun...

should we make a law that you must have "safe storage"...well...that is a good question.  In most states there is such a law...does it stop the use or "accidential" use...no it doesn't....shamefully there are many deaths every year of kids who "find" a gun and shoot either them selves or someone else ...simply because it was NOT properly stored and locked.

I'm just saying....if the owners, the responsible owners, would take the time to safely secure and lock up the firearms,  I feel sure there would be less, much less, of incidents like this...and of little kids getting thier hands on them....

A modest "vault" is $300.00......will hold about 8 long guns and many handguns.  A VERY cheap price to pay for your rights......

I will expect to see insurance companies jumping on board with this...and requiring their policy holders to have rated secure storage i.e. "Safes/vaults".....   and PROOF thereof......
"Listen With Your Eyes" 
Identify, Acquire, Press, Press, Move
Wit, Grit, Courage,and Determination .....
win gunfights

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 04:09:08 PM »
Fireproof gun safes aren't just good for securing firearms from people you don't want touching them, but for your other valuables, important papers, credit cards you don't carry, documentation, passports....  Here's mine.  Not all the guns are in here at this point.  This baby isn't going anywhere.  Over 1000 pounds, and I picked it up (figuratively) for 1400 bucks.  I have WAY MORE than that in gun value in there, let alone ammo, optics, or other stuff.

Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline ARS

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 07:11:04 PM »
Bolt your safes to the floor or studs!!  My safe wasn't quite as big, but it walked out of my house 7 years ago.  I replaced most of my guns, but I'll never be able to replace my family pictures and video tapes.  My safe is now bolted.

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 07:37:40 PM »
And here I thought all along that this was a motorcycle forum...how naive.

devilboy

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2013, 07:44:45 PM »
Guns and Motorcycles  go together  like  Mom and apple Pie  ;D

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 12:13:06 AM »

Now you are not naive.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2013, 05:16:14 AM »

It is.  But this is an Open area for discussions on any subject as long as they stay civil.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2013, 06:42:23 AM »
Something that I heard a few days ago that seemed like a good idea to me was that since it would be pretty expensive to arm all the schools, as a passive measure the schools could install hardened doors that could be locked from the inside in case of situations like this.

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2013, 08:36:42 AM »
Something that I heard a few days ago that seemed like a good idea to me was that since it would be pretty expensive to arm all the schools, as a passive measure the schools could install hardened doors that could be locked from the inside in case of situations like this.

Here's a new door system for that purpose, the Linear Revolving Door:

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/340649
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2013, 08:51:26 AM »
That would be cool for all the entrances.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013, 10:08:04 AM »
That's not a bad idea but you also have to bullet proof the windows as well...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 06:39:56 AM »
A few years back Cleveland, or Ohio, can't remember which, tried to pass a law to make it mandatory to lock up or secure your legally owned firearms, either in a safe or with some sort of device that would prevent it from being used. Good idea right? Well, when the law was read it stated that if someone stole your legally owned and legally secured firearms, either from you or from your house or safe and committed a crime with that legally owned firearm you would be held responsible and charged as if you actually committed the crime as it was your legally owned firearm that was used in that crime. Not such a good idea huh?
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2013, 06:42:53 AM »
Was anybody prosecuted under that law?