Author Topic: Does anyone make carbon fiber lowers for the C14?  (Read 13318 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: Does anyone make carbon fiber lowers for the C14?
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2013, 03:28:03 PM »
Check with this place   
http://ilmberger-carbon.de/en/home.html   
they make a ton of carbon fiber parts for bikes, I didn't look to see if the C14 was one of them

Thanks Jerry, I haven't came across that one yet, they've got some really cool stuff indeed!  8) :thumbs:

I checked and it looks like they only make parts for the ZX-10R though...  :(

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2013, 03:49:02 PM »
Not sure if it is real carbon fiber or not. Someone posted picture on the GTR1400 Facebook page.
Joel from Maine.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2013, 04:15:48 PM »
Not sure if it is real carbon fiber or not. Someone posted picture on the GTR1400 Facebook page.

I think it is just the fake overlay stuff that you can buy by the roll, if you zoom in on the vent area it looks like that inside part wasn't done...  :-\

I don't facebook, any chance you could ask him?? Thanks bro.  :chugbeer:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2013, 04:36:24 PM »

I think it is just the fake overlay stuff that you can buy by the roll, if you zoom in on the vent area it looks like that inside part wasn't done...  :-\

Yep.  That is not real, just a sticker or dip.

I don't facebook,

You are not alone :)

And on that note:  http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s14e04-you-have-0-friends
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2013, 07:12:41 PM »
I did ask him after I saw it. I do see it on the inside. Just stickers.
Joel from Maine.

Offline Glennn

• Metric Rider
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2013, 01:19:53 AM »
Hey J,

After pulling my fairing off to install the dual exhausts I would reckon having proper CF lowers you really risk them getting scratched at the workshop if they come off.  I've wondered why the lowers aren't painted like the upper half of the fairing - now I know why.
2012 Midnight Sapphire Blue 1400GTR
1999 Yamaha Road Star
Canberra, Australia
CDA #390

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2013, 10:33:34 AM »
Hey J,

After pulling my fairing off to install the dual exhausts I would reckon having proper CF lowers you really risk them getting scratched at the workshop if they come off.  I've wondered why the lowers aren't painted like the upper half of the fairing - now I know why.

Hey G,
I don't think CF would scratch any easier than painted parts when removed from the bike, you just need to be careful and have something like a blanket to lay them on.

I think Kawi's logic on having the lowers not painted is because that area of the bike is more prone to rock chips.  :-\

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2013, 04:22:51 PM »
I think Kawi's logic on having the lowers not painted is because that area of the bike is more prone to rock chips.  :-\

I think you are absolutely right.  The raw plastic is going to be more flexible and resilient to damage.  It also lowers cost by not painting them and also by not having to stock those parts in X number of different colors.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc