Author Topic: TC-W3 dosage  (Read 11044 times)

Offline julianop

Re: TC-W3 dosage
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2012, 11:05:27 AM »
I use Lucas TCW3 and put a cap full in every time I remember that I just filled up...around home, anyway...

I imagine you'd want to shake it around to mix it properly if you do it that way.
Julian.
Elk River, MN.
Seasonal Temporal Navigational Disorder - that inexplicable but wholly satisfying affliction that causes one to lose the ability to drive a motorcycle straight home after work in the summer months, despite the apparent ability to make the reverse journey that same morning.

Offline Summit670

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2012, 01:36:03 PM »
Will any 2 cycle oil work or does it have to be TC-W3?

Arctic Cat M8 163 rules

Sleds, Dirt Bikes, ATV's, Street Bikes, Mountain Bikes.  Heck, I guess if it has handlebars I'll give it a try.

Offline midnightrider

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2012, 08:08:51 AM »
TC-W3 on the label. I used walmart brand $11.00 a gallon. I had bought a smaller bottle of it that was marked in 2 0z. increments and just continued to refill it from the gallon.
2004 C10 RIP

Offline Squishman

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2012, 06:57:48 AM »
I saved a handful of empty and clean 5-Hour Energy drink bottles for TC-W3. They are 2 oz bottles. I keep a few full ones with me ready for fill ups.

edit: not to worry. The original label is torn off, so they do not drunk (drank?).
Todd
Eagan, MN
Photos of my 1999 Conk: http://s751.photobucket.com/home/Squishman/index
Fav farkles: custom-cut Corbin Seat, Sonic 1.2's, Sisf's righteous carb work, Yamaha ATV bars, Spoofak, Rifle Shield, Stick Coils.

Offline tjpgi

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2012, 06:59:05 AM »
I saved a handful of empty and clean 5-Hour Energy drink bottles for TC-W3. They are 2 oz bottles. I keep a few full ones with me ready for fill ups.

Does your Concours have more PEP?? ;D
2011 GSXR 1000
2009 Concours ABS
1976 KZ900
1991 Sportster XLH 1200

Offline Squishman

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2012, 07:02:27 AM »
Does your Concours have more PEP?? ;D

Yes. But that is more because of SiSF :)
Todd
Eagan, MN
Photos of my 1999 Conk: http://s751.photobucket.com/home/Squishman/index
Fav farkles: custom-cut Corbin Seat, Sonic 1.2's, Sisf's righteous carb work, Yamaha ATV bars, Spoofak, Rifle Shield, Stick Coils.

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2012, 07:37:57 AM »

edit: not to worry. The original label is torn off, so they do not drunk (drank?).
That's a good idea.  I've been using a baby bottle, since it seals well and has nice measurement markings on the side, but it can be a little messy. 
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline Leo

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2012, 01:59:46 PM »
The smaller the cylinder, the smaller ther jets.  That is part of the reason that the C-10's have trouble, they are pretty small jets controlling each of our little 250cc cylinders fuel.  Take a look at a jet for a 26cc weed eater or a 50cc moped, you can hardly see through them when they are clean and new. That little hole plugs up really easy.  The carb on my 300 Inch six cylinder ford had a jet that looked like it would pass grains of rice, and it never plugged up. 
Yep, still riding the old one

In Indiana, missing Texas

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2013, 11:42:38 PM »
I imagine you'd want to shake it around to mix it properly if you do it that way.

Yep!  A couple of pumps of the front forks works (in my mind, anyway)...and, I feel better knowing I've just helped coat the inside of the fuel tank with a light oil film...no rust visible so far...I also use Star Tron to help stop water from collecting in the low spots...carbs still seem good after two and a half years... ;)
'02 C-10

Offline julianop

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2013, 05:17:27 PM »
Yep!  A couple of pumps of the front forks works (in my mind, anyway)...and, I feel better knowing I've just helped coat the inside of the fuel tank with a light oil film...no rust visible so far...I also use Star Tron to help stop water from collecting in the low spots...carbs still seem good after two and a half years... ;)

Yup. I'll rock mine from side to side at the gas station if I forget to put it in before filling with gas. I'm now perfectly accustomed to people looking at me as if I'm strange.
I'll look up that Star Tron...

Julian.
Elk River, MN.
Seasonal Temporal Navigational Disorder - that inexplicable but wholly satisfying affliction that causes one to lose the ability to drive a motorcycle straight home after work in the summer months, despite the apparent ability to make the reverse journey that same morning.

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2013, 09:07:31 PM »
Yup. I'll rock mine from side to side at the gas station if I forget to put it in before filling with gas. I'm now perfectly accustomed to people looking at me as if I'm strange.
I'll look up that Star Tron...
If I forget to add it before filling up, I just let the natural violent agitation action of upstate NY's roads mix the tank contents for me. 
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline julianop

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2013, 12:15:19 AM »
If I forget to add it before filling up, I just let the natural violent agitation action of upstate NY's roads mix the tank contents for me.

The northern Midwest - Minnesota, Wisconsin and Illinois - seem bad this winter: I think there has been more moisture getting in under poorly maintained roads. That causes buckling during thaw/refreeze cycles, and the plows do the rest.

I saw a road crew patching up holes in Rockford IL this morning; I found that a bit optimistic, but every bit helps, I suppose.
Julian.
Elk River, MN.