Author Topic: 2013 Pearl Meteor Grey for Europe  (Read 3811 times)

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
2013 Pearl Meteor Grey for Europe
« on: November 20, 2012, 01:02:01 AM »
Last week I was in EICMA (the biggest motorcycle show in the world, that takes place in Milano every November) and among many nice things to look at I found the new dark grey 1400GTR. Wow!!! What a colour! Finally something that looks mean and Batman-like dark without looking old or dated from the go, like that vomit-green they did last year, or the placenta-red you guys had in the US (I'm just jelous about that... I wish it came to Europe).
I couldn't take a picture because there was just too many folks there, but I loved it. Anyway, here a link to it. In person it looks way better. In every picture I found it looks either brownish, blackish or whateverish. I still wish they did some pearl white, but this gray and a little "accident" might just be the ticket to my next bike  ;D

PD: I also sat on the new Triumph Trophy and that bike is clearly an RT killer, but no FJR or C14 competition. Much more comfortable, great ergos and finish and tons of gadgets, but I can't see myself chasing RRs on that, no chance.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 01:39:52 AM by martin_14 »
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline Cuda

Re: 2013 Pearl Meteor Grey for Europe
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 04:23:46 AM »
1. Black is the absence of color (and is therefore not a color)

Explanation:
When there is no light, everything is black. Test this out by going into a photographic dark room. There are no photons of light. In other words, there are no photons of colors.

2. White is the blending of all colors and is a color.

Explanation:
Light appears colorless or white. Sunlight is white light that is composed of all the colors of the spectrum.  A rainbow is proof. You can't see the colors of sunlight except when atmospheric conditions bend the light rays and create a rainbow. You can also use a prism to demonstrate this.

Fact: The sum of all the colors of light add up to white. This is additive color theory.

Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 07:42:05 AM »
I really like that color too. It looks like it comes stock with the darker windscreen.  :thumbs:

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 04:43:09 AM »
In the EU we get a choice of the Grey or Metallic Spark Black.  ;D
Personally I'd prefer the black.
Greys always look dirty.
And of course Black is faster!  8)

To Cuda, the black on the C14 is a colour, because it is not a perfect absorber (only a Black Hole is a perfect absorber) and therefore does reflect light. If you do a spectrum analysis it will be low reflection for most colours (wavelengths).
White is all colours (wavelengths) at equal intensity (either emitted or reflected).
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 06:09:50 AM »
The arguments about black and white are pedantic.  Just saying.  :)

That grey looks good, would love to see it in person.  I think Europe has gotten almost all of the best colors...moondust, that metallic green... but we have Neptune Blue in the US in 2010... ;)
Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline CARLÃO

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 07:05:28 AM »
Here in Brazil, only the black... and faster! But this grey is pretty nice and I really prefer it.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 07:30:40 AM »
The arguments about black and white are pedantic.  Just saying.  :)

That grey looks good, would love to see it in person.  I think Europe has gotten almost all of the best colors...moondust, that metallic green... but we have Neptune Blue in the US in 2010... ;)

Ah, pedantic, word of the day....

pe·danti·cal·ly adv.Synonyms: pedantic, academic, bookish, donnish, scholastic
 These adjectives mean marked by a narrow, often tiresome focus on or display of learning and especially its trivial aspects: a pedantic writing style; an academic insistence on precision; a bookish vocabulary; donnish refinement of speech; scholastic and excessively subtle reasoning.

formed in English c.1600, from pedant (q.v.) + -ic. The Fr. equivalent is pédantesque. Perhaps first attested in John Donne's "Sunne Rising," where he bids the morning sun let his love and him linger in bed, telling it, "Sawcy pedantique wretch, goe chide Late schooleboyes."
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline CARLÃO

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2012, 07:34:32 AM »
Ah, pedantic, word of the day....

pe·danti·cal·ly adv.Synonyms: pedantic, academic, bookish, donnish, scholastic
 These adjectives mean marked by a narrow, often tiresome focus on or display of learning and especially its trivial aspects: a pedantic writing style; an academic insistence on precision; a bookish vocabulary; donnish refinement of speech; scholastic and excessively subtle reasoning.

formed in English c.1600, from pedant (q.v.) + -ic. The Fr. equivalent is pédantesque. Perhaps first attested in John Donne's "Sunne Rising," where he bids the morning sun let his love and him linger in bed, telling it, "Sawcy pedantique wretch, goe chide Late schooleboyes."

Precise!! :)

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2012, 09:42:56 AM »
Have ever noticed that you can't use the word pedantic without sounding pedantic?  LOL
Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline wally_games

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2012, 09:49:13 AM »
"Taller and wider electrically adjustable wind screen" for 2013?? Does that mean that they've gone bigger still? I know that my '11 was taller than the '08-'09, but ... ...
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold

Offline eng943

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2012, 10:41:30 AM »
Love the gray. Much better than the Arabian Red I have. Surprised that Kawasaki did not offer cruise in response to the FJR now having it. I would have liked to see them ditch Kipass also.

Anxious to see the Trophy!! Looks to be a worthy alternative to the RT, but I'd like to observe for a couple years how Triumph's entry into the electronic gizmo world works out.
2017 C14 - AST Risers / Peg Lowering kit / mccruise /Garmin 595/Shoodaben MR / Area P / Kawi Touring Seat.
Second Bike 2017 BMW R12R

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2012, 03:17:22 PM »
Last week I was in EICMA (the biggest motorcycle show in the world, that takes place in Milano every November) and among many nice things to look at I found the new dark grey 1400GTR. Wow!!! What a colour! Finally something that looks mean and Batman-like dark without looking old or dated from the go, like that vomit-green they did last year, or the placenta-red you guys had in the US (I'm just jelous about that... I wish it came to Europe).
I couldn't take a picture because there was just too many folks there, but I loved it. Anyway, here a link to it. In person it looks way better. In every picture I found it looks either brownish, blackish or whateverish. I still wish they did some pearl white, but this gray and a little "accident" might just be the ticket to my next bike  ;D

When I look at that link, just looks like an almost black bike to me. When I flip between the two, it hardly seems worth even having two different ones.  Even the part under "Kawasaki" didn't change at all, and that is a painted area.

One interesting thing is that the windshield is TINTED in both...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc