Author Topic: 2009 Model  (Read 6803 times)

Offline AZ-ZG

Re: 2009 Model
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2012, 11:03:49 AM »
Never had a problem with heat (from the bike) in the Arizona desert.  ???
No heat issues in Florida either.
Those who complain of baking shins I suspect of riding in shorts and tennis shoes.  ;)

Love my 2009!  8)    :D
I live. I ride. I am. ZG14 
IBA#53928

Offline thundermax

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2012, 03:44:12 PM »
Test drove the 2009, 17.6K miles, black metallic paint. Really smooth going down highway. 80 MPH is so smooth, quiet. I am sold. Mechanically excellent. Few scratches on the gas tank, looks like a previous owner might have been getting his metal belt part (loop?) on the tank mounting the bike. That is my best guess. Looks like he mounted from left side, putting his lower torso up against the gas tank when he lifted his right leg over. Surface scratches, not all the way to primer or metal. ABS version. V Stream windshield. New Tires.

Bought it. Found out it has extended Yamaha warranty till 2/13/15 that goes with the bike. Found out a recall somewhere on the rear wheel assembly is due to be done.  Will get it done soon as I pick it up as well as warranty transfer. Will change engine oil and rear transfer case oil. Change air filter.

First modification: handle risers. Guess 1 3/4 inch as long as they don't require any cable, hose modifications. Looking forward to the c14 group. Thanks Guys. Oklahoma.........
Riding 46 years. In order, 1958 Cushman 721 Highlander, 1960 Cushman Super Eagle, 1971 Honda SL 100, 1974 Yamaha RD 350, 1975 Honda 750 Four, 1971 Honda SL 175, 1998 Yamaha Vmax, 2005 Yamaha Vmax, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2012 Kawasaki Concours Arabian Red.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2012, 03:56:01 PM »
ABS version.

:thumbs:

Found out it has extended Yamaha warranty till 2/13/15 that goes with the bike.

???

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2012, 04:36:47 PM »
Good job and congratulations to you.....eventhough black sucks.  :pukeface:
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline C1xRider

• Where did all the posts go?!??
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2012, 07:36:01 PM »
Test drove the 2009, 17.6K miles, black metallic paint. Really smooth going down highway. 80 MPH is so smooth, quiet. I am sold. Mechanically excellent. Few scratches on the gas tank, looks like a previous owner might have been getting his metal belt part (loop?) on the tank mounting the bike. That is my best guess. Looks like he mounted from left side, putting his lower torso up against the gas tank when he lifted his right leg over. Surface scratches, not all the way to primer or metal. ABS version. V Stream windshield. New Tires.

Bought it. Found out it has extended Yamaha warranty till 2/13/15 that goes with the bike. Found out a recall somewhere on the rear wheel assembly is due to be done.  Will get it done soon as I pick it up as well as warranty transfer. Will change engine oil and rear transfer case oil. Change air filter.

First modification: handle risers. Guess 1 3/4 inch as long as they don't require any cable, hose modifications. Looking forward to the c14 group. Thanks Guys. Oklahoma.........

"Yamaha warranty" ??
"transfer case" ??

Congrats on the purchase, you will love it!  Also, don't worry about the silver loving folks around here, you get used to them.   ;)

The recall is for the rear brake linkage (see sticky at top of page here : http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=10006.0).  It's a minor thing, and can be done by the dealer in a few minutes.  There were some other recalls for the 08/09 bikes you should have the dealer check on, like the saddle bag latches and the headlight adjuster knobs.  There may have been others, but someone else will have to chime in with them.

You can easily add 1-3/4" risers without changing any hoses or cables.  I think you can go with 2", but as I recall, some brands were too much, and made the hoses too tight.
--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2012, 08:30:24 PM »
eventhough black sucks.  :pukeface:

:o

Still on the drugs eh Brian...

Also, don't worry about the silver loving folks around here, you get used to them.   ;)

Yep, I agree with Rob, and they're always slow to post too...  ;) ;D

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2012, 09:55:49 PM »
Mmmmmmmm.......drugs.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Son of Pappy

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2012, 10:22:53 PM »
Is that Silver thread holding that bra together?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2012, 04:37:45 AM »
Snip...

Also, don't worry about the silver loving folks around here, you get used to them.   ;)

The recall is for the rear brake linkage (see sticky at top of page here : http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=10006.0).  It's a minor thing, and can be done by the dealer in a few minutes.  There were some other recalls for the 08/09 bikes you should have the dealer check on, like the saddle bag latches and the headlight adjuster knobs.  There may have been others, but someone else will have to chime in with them.

Yep, don't worry about us Silverdammint loving folks, you'll learn to love us and after a while you'll also learn that we're almost always right.  :)

Put your VIN in here and you'll see some stuff about your bike.

http://www.kawasaki.com/DefaultFrame.aspx?strContentUrl=/SITE/VIVEHICLEINFORMATION/VICHOOSEVEHICLE.ASP
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2012, 05:01:04 AM »
Max, he said Vmax.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline connie1

• Arena
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2012, 09:57:03 AM »
Congrats on the 09. (fastest and most comfortable of all model years)

You'll get to see alot of your bike when you change the air filter.  Not a ten minute job!  Budget at least an hour and a half for the first change, gets better on subsequent changes.
TPMS is slow to respond in cold weather because the batteries are cold (usually not dead).  Once you warm up the tires the batteries also warm up and everything responds as normal.
There is a tendency for the left shin to get warm in hot weather, I just move my foot the the very outer edge of the peg and enough air can get around it to cool it off.  (Though I wouldn't know if that would help in the southern heat some guys ride in)
Man do I love this bike! Red '09

Offline Conrad

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2012, 10:02:57 AM »
Congrats on the 09. (fastest and most comfortable of all model years)

You'll get to see alot of your bike when you change the air filter.  Not a ten minute job!  Budget at least an hour and a half for the first change, gets better on subsequent changes.
TPMS is slow to respond in cold weather because the batteries are cold (usually not dead).  Once you warm up the tires the batteries also warm up and everything responds as normal.
There is a tendency for the left shin to get warm in hot weather, I just move my foot the the very outer edge of the peg and enough air can get around it to cool it off.  (Though I wouldn't know if that would help in the southern heat some guys ride in)

I never have any issues with the heat (unless I'm stopped at a light in >90 degree heat) but you know what's funny? Now that the weather is a bit chilly, it's always my left shin that gets cold. Somehow I get a slight breeze that blows up my overpants leg on the left.    :o

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2012, 10:14:06 AM »
Sounds like a personal problem to me...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2012, 10:26:40 AM »
Sounds like a personal problem to me...

VERY much so Jim! My dang left leg gets cold.