Author Topic: Numb Nads..  (Read 10345 times)

Offline KawiG

Numb Nads..
« on: November 01, 2012, 05:18:51 PM »
Here's the deal. I have the corbin seat on my bike and after 6000 miles it still doesn't feel broken in. Within the first 30 min I start to go numb in all the wrong places. I think the roundness of the nose of the saddle is the culprit so I called Corbin tried to Gentlemanly tell the YOUNG lady on the other end of the phone what was going on and they want me to bring it up to them in Daytona so all good. Now keep in mind I have quite a few miles standing up on the Connie" Gives you that whole flying on the front of the Titanic feeling" But it shouldn't be necessary. Anyone else ever noticed the numbness on the corbin?
Live Fast and Ride Free, when we're no longer free....Ride Fast.

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: Numb Nads..
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 08:39:37 PM »
I had Corbin do a "nose job" on my seat which cuts that front hump out, works great and very comfy for me.  :)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 10:48:43 PM »
Hmmmm.... just ordered a Corbin, hasn't been delivered yet. I had the same problem with a hump at the front of my Laam seat. Anybody have a number I can call to have them eliminate said hump before they ship?

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 05:39:58 AM »
I sat on a friends C14 with the Corbin.  The seat feels like a cruiser seat and I told him I would need the handlebars back 6 inches to be comfortable on it.  It would be a great seat if you are going with the Helibars ST.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline Conrad

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 08:40:05 AM »
When I first saw the title of this thread I thought that maybe you were talking about the election...     :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 08:58:51 AM »
I sat on a friends C14 with the Corbin.  The seat feels like a cruiser seat and I told him I would need the handlebars back 6 inches to be comfortable on it.  It would be a great seat if you are going with the Helibars ST.

I have 2" risers with a homemade block that raises another 1" and pulls them back 1.5". I am concerned about a hump at the tip near the tank. That's the exact problem I have with the Laam seat and trying to solve. Too late though because I got notification that my Corbin seat shipped.

I did buy a Corbin seat for my DR650 and that seat is amazing. With the stock seat on the DR650 after about 100 miles I would be done. Now I can ride that bike all day.

Offline PH14

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 09:19:33 AM »
Here's the deal. I have the corbin seat on my bike and after 6000 miles it still doesn't feel broken in. Within the first 30 min I start to go numb in all the wrong places. I think the roundness of the nose of the saddle is the culprit so I called Corbin tried to Gentlemanly tell the YOUNG lady on the other end of the phone what was going on and they want me to bring it up to them in Daytona so all good. Now keep in mind I have quite a few miles standing up on the Connie" Gives you that whole flying on the front of the Titanic feeling" But it shouldn't be necessary. Anyone else ever noticed the numbness on the corbin?

Yep. I have both the Corbin and the Sargent. I put the Sargent back on. The Corbin changes the seating position too much. I want to like it. I love the leather and the workmanship. I hate the position. I told them when I ordered I didn't need it made so you sit so far back as many had complained about since I am not overweight. They took my measurements, then delivered a seat made like they always do.

I had it on last week and took my new wife for a ride. We rode a little over 300 miles. I was hurting, but when we got off the bike, my wife immediately sat down on the asphalt, stretching her legs out and said, "Burn it!" She said she was more comfortable sitting on the driveway. I did tell her that her seat had never been sat on so it needed to break in, but honestly I think my wife would break first.

As long as you are on good roads and have the suspension set plush, the seat is a killer.

I want to like it, I really do, but the Sargent is much more comfortable and positions you better.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 12:58:00 PM »
Anybody have a number I can call to have them eliminate said hump before they ship?

I'm sure it's listed on their website, you should call them before it's too late.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 01:01:13 PM »

Yep, I have the PE multi-adjust bars and it goes very nice indeed with them!  :thumbs: :thumbs:

Offline PH14

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 01:12:02 PM »

Yep, I have the PE multi-adjust bars and it goes very nice indeed with them!  :thumbs: :thumbs:

Looks good.  :thumbs:

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 01:33:20 PM »

I'm sure it's listed on their website, you should call them before it's too late.

It is too late. Just got notification that it shipped. And yup I found the number. I'll give it a try and if I think it needs work I'll send it back.

Offline KawiG

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2012, 03:44:42 PM »
When I first saw the title of this thread I thought that maybe you were talking about the election...     :o

Nope...this time the Left and the Right are 100% agreed.
Live Fast and Ride Free, when we're no longer free....Ride Fast.

Offline C1xRider

• Where did all the posts go?!??
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2012, 05:54:56 PM »

Jay, do you have any pics of the seat pan (bottom side)?  Curious to see if they modified it.  I'm getting ready to hack on one of my ebay seats, and the nose is the area I want to narrow down.
--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2012, 07:31:33 PM »
Jay, do you have any pics of the seat pan (bottom side)? 

Like this Rob??  :yikes:   ;D

Offline Snype

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2012, 10:43:32 PM »
ZG  How do you like those adjustable bars?  The concept looks really appealing, but it has so many moving parts it looks a little shaky for a control surface.  Do they really feel solid???

The only solution I had was a Rick Mayers saddle.  I've had his brother's and hated it.  I was starting to worry about that issue that bicyclists have with a certain nerve down there being damaged casing failure in the forward thruster.  I didn't have a choice with the Bill Mayers, it came with the bike.  But I put a Rick Mayers saddle on a previous bike and put 100k in 4 years on that bike.

Now I am on the C14... It's stock saddle does leave me wanting and causes numb nutz; but not as bad as the Bill saddle.  I have been debating a Russell Day long Saddle; there are lot of good comments about his seats and I think he can add a passenger backrest.  But I know Rick's work and loved it a lot.  So hard to take a risk with a $500+ seat.

The only problem I have had with all aftermarket saddles was tank slide... breaking with a passenger and I became painfully more intimate with my tank.  The stock saddle is a little grippy.. Does anyone know of some ways to prevent tank sliding?  I'm putting Techspec on tomorrow; that helps.  Been using them since 2002.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2012, 11:19:39 PM »
ZG  How do you like those adjustable bars?  The concept looks really appealing, but it has so many moving parts it looks a little shaky for a control surface.  Do they really feel solid???

I love em Snype, very solid IMO!  :thumbs:

Thread here:
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=10147.100

Offline C1xRider

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2012, 01:16:48 AM »

Like this Rob??  :yikes:   ;D

Uhm, not exactly.  I was thinking more of the bottom of the seat, without the bike in the way.  I really hope you were just doing a controlled test of the tip over protection, and not riding around in flip flops.   :o

Next time you have your seat off, maybe you could snap a pic of the underside of the nose for me please.  Or if we really do get a dry day Monday like they're forecasting, perhaps we can meet for lunch.  I'm not holding out much hope on the forecast though.  Every day they put more clouds in their graphics, and these dry days they keep promising just keep slipping into the future.  I rode for a couple hours today, and got rained on.  :(
--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2012, 11:23:17 AM »
Uhm, not exactly.  I was thinking more of the bottom of the seat, without the bike in the way.  I really hope you were just doing a controlled test of the tip over protection, and not riding around in flip flops.   :o

Next time you have your seat off, maybe you could snap a pic of the underside of the nose for me please.  Or if we really do get a dry day Monday like they're forecasting, perhaps we can meet for lunch.  I'm not holding out much hope on the forecast though.  Every day they put more clouds in their graphics, and these dry days they keep promising just keep slipping into the future.  I rode for a couple hours today, and got rained on.  :(

Yep, I hear ya Rob, this time of year the weathermen are just flipping coins...  :(

Corbin doesn't modify the pan, only the foams cut/shape.

Offline C1xRider

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2012, 01:15:51 PM »

Yep, I hear ya Rob, this time of year the weathermen are just flipping coins...  :(

Corbin doesn't modify the pan, only the foams cut/shape.

Thanks Jay, I thought the Corbin "nose job" meant they narrowed the pan.  Maybe I'll just get out the Dremel and see what I come up with.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2012, 01:24:58 PM »
I had Corbin do a "nose job" on my seat which cuts that front hump out, works great and very comfy for me.  :)

Eh, heh, eh.  You said 'hump'.  Eh, heh, eh....
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.