Author Topic: C-14 Baldwin GT Seat - SOLD  (Read 3854 times)

Offline mgtibb

C-14 Baldwin GT Seat - SOLD
« on: September 29, 2012, 09:29:04 AM »
Selling my Baldwin GT Seat in black ostrich vinyl. Has a passenger grab strap that can be removed.
$450 shipped to lower 48 states.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 05:12:31 PM by mgtibb »

Offline Xelvic

Re: C-14 Baldwin GT Seat
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 09:38:53 AM »
How come you are selling it? I have mine on order and waiting for it to get here.
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14

Offline mgtibb

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 12:26:51 PM »
I'm selling it because it chaffs the back of my legs badly on long rides. I'm 5'11" but only have a 30" inseam so the angle of my legs puts a lot of pressure on the "wings" of the seat and on long rides it hurts. I switched to a Corbin, much better for me. I don't think it would be a problem with longer legs because your leg wouldn't be angled down so much.

Offline Xelvic

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 02:03:03 PM »
FUDGE!!! I'm the same measurements as you!! I hope I don't have this problem! I have risers that go up 2 inches and back 1 inch. I also have highway pegs mounted on my Canyon cages. So hopefully that will change my legs enough to not cause this issue. Did you talk with him about the seat at all? Did he have a remedy or maybe change it for you? Son of a biscuit!!

Offline Elfmaze

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 05:36:27 PM »
where are you at refference shipping?  i have a 32 inseam.  maby it would be good for us.  And i know my girl will like the ostrich. 

Offline mgtibb

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 05:57:37 PM »
FUDGE!!! I'm the same measurements as you!! I hope I don't have this problem! I have risers that go up 2 inches and back 1 inch. I also have highway pegs mounted on my Canyon cages. So hopefully that will change my legs enough to not cause this issue. Did you talk with him about the seat at all? Did he have a remedy or maybe change it for you? Son of a biscuit!!

You might do better with the low version of the seat if you could switch your order to that. I never bothered contacting Loren for modification to the seat because I ride all year and I don't want to have to ship it back and forth waiting for something that may or may not be better. The area between the rider and passenger portion takes up quite a bit of real estate and my butt was hitting on that as well. It is a great seat but just didn't work for me. I sat on someone else's Corbin and it was pretty comfy so I just went with that. I guess our butts are all a little different. :) 

I was just thinking too, don't go by the fact that we have the same inseam. If your femur is shorter with a longer tib/fib, it would probably change the angle of your leg to not rub like mine. We're all a little different.

Offline mgtibb

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 06:04:05 PM »
where are you at refference shipping?  i have a 32 inseam.  maby it would be good for us.  And i know my girl will like the ostrich.

I'm in RI.

Offline Xelvic

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2012, 06:52:15 PM »
You might do better with the low version of the seat if you could switch your order to that. I never bothered contacting Loren for modification to the seat because I ride all year and I don't want to have to ship it back and forth waiting for something that may or may not be better. The area between the rider and passenger portion takes up quite a bit of real estate and my butt was hitting on that as well. It is a great seat but just didn't work for me. I sat on someone else's Corbin and it was pretty comfy so I just went with that. I guess our butts are all a little different. :) 

I was just thinking too, don't go by the fact that we have the same inseam. If your femur is shorter with a longer tib/fib, it would probably change the angle of your leg to not rub like mine. We're all a little different.

I also have child bearing hips, so maybe my wide butt will help. I hope I like it and won't run into the same issues. Loren is in week 5 with my order so I'm sure he has already started on it.

Offline wroman

• 2012 C14
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 05:09:33 PM »
  On Baldwin website they state seats are built considering the weight of rider passenger.  Can you give your and the passenger weight specs.
Walt
I always wanted to be somebody......I guess I should have been more specific.

Offline mgtibb

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 07:51:14 PM »
  On Baldwin website they state seats are built considering the weight of rider passenger.  Can you give your and the passenger weight specs.
Walt

220 lbs rider. 130 lbs passenger