Author Topic: good replacement hdlt bulbs?  (Read 12719 times)

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
Re: good replacement hdlt bulbs?
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2012, 09:55:01 AM »
I bought my bike in mid February, installed the HID kit from A&R in probably early March. I've put 6500 miles on the bike and I have never rode at night. Now as the days get shorter and shorter and the ride to work gets darker and darker I am finally getting to see how awesome this light kit is.

+1 on the A&R light kit.  :)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2012, 10:15:48 AM »
I bought my bike in mid February, installed the HID kit from A&R in probably early March. I've put 6500 miles on the bike and I have never rode at night. Now as the days get shorter and shorter and the ride to work gets darker and darker I am finally getting to see how awesome this light kit is.

+1 on the A&R light kit.  :)

+1...  :thumbs:

Winter is coming, it won't be too much longer until it's dark when I go into work in the mornings  :( , and dark when I come home at night sometimes too if I have to stay late at the office past 4:30 (which thank goodness is rare  ;) )...

Offline jonathan

« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2012, 11:30:17 AM »
Since I avoid riding in the dark like the Black Plague, I have come to the conclusion that my lights are just fine as they are.

Me too but on rare occasions it just happens.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2012, 03:41:24 PM »
I would like an AR-15, that would get much more use from me. ;)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline h2smokin

« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2012, 03:09:09 PM »
jamminjere you mentioned the 4500k bulb did you mean 4300k? I want as bright as I can since half my riding at least is at night . I only ask because the 4300k is the one they show. Thanks

Offline h2smokin

« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2012, 03:19:28 PM »
Disregard last question. I went ahead and ordered the 4300k set of lights . "farkle" still worked . $120 total including shipping . Figured why not upgrade now instead of ending up doing it later.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2012, 03:32:11 PM »
Damnit all.  I can't stand it anymore.  I just ordered the damn A&R kit.  The damn discount code still works, too.

Damnit, I already have the damn box from USPS sitting here now.  I guess I have to tear apart the damn bike tomorrow.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2012, 04:03:41 PM »
The brightest HIDs are right around 4,100 degrees Kelvin although anything in the low- to- mid 4K range is about the same. By 5,000 Kelvin the light is taking on a blue cast and is going down in lumens (light output). Same thing going the other way- by 3,400 Kelvin the lights have an orange bias and again the light output is going down.

HIDs are usually not offered in steps of a couple of hundred degrees Kelvin so if the place you bought yours from sells them as 4,300 K, that is the only thing they will have in that range. The next steps would probably be 6,000 K and 3,000 K up and down respectively, not 4,100 K or 4,500 K. A few hundred degrees change is not apparent to the human eye either unless directly compared to another light of the same type and apparent brightness, for example on the same car.

Brian

Disregard last question. I went ahead and ordered the 4300k set of lights . "farkle" still worked . $120 total including shipping . Figured why not upgrade now instead of ending up doing it later.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2012, 04:04:32 PM »
It really isn't a big deal, at least not in the same realm of doing something like changing the air cleaner.... Then again you can cut the installation effort in half if you only put in one HID.

:-)

Brian

Damnit, I already have the damn box from USPS sitting here now.  I guess I have to tear apart the damn bike tomorrow.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline patatty

« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2012, 10:44:04 PM »
Damn you guys.  I have a pair of the "Xtreme" bulbs on the way, but just ordered a set of A&R HIDs after reading this post.

Despite bad luck with 2 previous (non A&R) HID sets for my ZRX, I am hoping that these do the trick for the C14.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2012, 11:24:35 PM »
Damn you guys.  I have a pair of the "Xtreme" bulbs on the way, but just ordered a set of A&R HIDs after reading this post.

Sorry bro, it happens...  ;)

Congrats!  :chugbeer:

Offline h2smokin

« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2012, 06:52:11 PM »
I got mine today, super quick shipping. Got email on sat. with shipping # and here today . Now to get over the intimidation of the wiring harness and such . I hate electrical work

Offline gthomas15229

• 2011 C14 Black
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2012, 02:28:52 PM »
I found that the H4 Phillips bulbs at Walmart are least expensive and if you get the super bright ones in sets of 2 for cars, it is more affordable. I went through about 4 changes on my '06 C10 before I found on that lasted over 2 years. I also started the bike with the light switch in high beam, so if it burned out my low beam would be available until I could get a replacement. That method seemed to have made the bulb last longer.
'06 C10 gone to salvage heaven
New ride 2011 C14 Black new left over

Offline gthomas15229

• 2011 C14 Black
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2012, 02:31:31 PM »
So, what type bulb is the small bulb? Kawasaki parts list only shows their p/n, not the bulb type. I have seen some C14's with a LED conversion bulb in the small sockets, but I did not book mark it and cannot find it now.  :(
'06 C10 gone to salvage heaven
New ride 2011 C14 Black new left over