Author Topic: Dynotronics reflash done...update  (Read 13019 times)

Offline SVTF150

Re: Dynotronics reflash done...update
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2011, 09:15:13 PM »
I emailed them on Tuesday about my bike which is a 2009 flies removed, full AreaP exhaust, BMC air filter and a PC-V.  I asked for a price on a dyno run before and after their reflash, but have heard nothing from them as of yet.......

Have you heard anything from them yet?

Offline blackstrom

« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2011, 05:43:54 AM »

I emailed them the same day... no response as of yet.

:-\

Offline Bagger

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2011, 08:26:05 PM »
I sent my ECU to Joe at Dynotronics yesterday morning.  Actually, the dealer did it for me as the bike was in for some work.

Spoke to Joe this eveing .... 10:14 PM (EDT) and we talked about what we wanted the ECU to do.  The ECU should be back in the bike Friday sometime.  But, my front forks are at Traxxion, so it may be next week some time before I can give any information regarding my feelings about the suspension or the reFlash.

I'll post when I get the bike back and have some miles under my butt.
"I'm not a vigilante ... I'm just an undocumented border patrol agent."

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2011, 03:26:39 AM »
Hey Capt Chaos, so how well does it work with the UK bikes?
I'm considering this mod but will need to justify it to her indoors.  ;)
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline capt chaos

Jury still out
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2011, 04:36:20 AM »
I've not done many miles and only on dual carrageways. I've filled tank to brim to check MPG & I'm off to Scotland tomorrow for long weekend. On the plus side the mod is subtle, personally I think you'd need a dyno to tell the difference and I suspect the big change would be on top end. High OD top gear appears to be reason for poor motorway speed acceleration (my GSX-R 1000 has no problems but is lighter / more powerfull / lower top gear). Seems "smoother" i.e. stepless. I've always found bottom end OK (if you're in the right gear). I'll try using eco mode less & see how it feels. Sorry, but a dyno chart would be clearer but I suppose a good mod should be "invisible"  :)
2010 GTR1400 Magnesium

Offline Rawman

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2011, 08:40:25 PM »
Have you heard anything from them yet?
Not a peep.  Remembering his thread in the lost forums, he wasn't real informative when it came to actual dyno results.  You can't tell me when they were tuning (on a DYNO!), they didn't take any actual readings?  Makes me a bit suspicious.
2009 Non-ABS
VStream, PR2s, AreaP Full Exhaust, Carbon Can, PC-V, BMC Air Filter, 151 Dyno'd RWhp.
'04 Honda VTX-1300C, '01 Kawasaki ZRX-1200R, '87 Yamaha VMax, '79 Kawasaki K-1000 LTD, '77 Kawasaki KZ-1000,'80 Suzuki GS-550L

Offline capt chaos

Here's a dyno :-)
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2011, 10:30:01 AM »
ECU re-map by http://www.dptune.com/, standard EU UK bike, Vance & Hines Can, about 3000 miles :-)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stenton/5835273671/#secreta18e3b773din/photostream
2010 GTR1400 Magnesium

Offline Bagger

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2011, 08:14:55 PM »
I don't have a great many miles on my reFlashed ECU from Dynotronics.  Maybe 100 or so.  When I first took the bike out for a ride back from the shop, the bike felt a bit odd. 

The idle seemed a bit low ... about 1000 rpms, but dipped below this and then went above.  Fluctuating.  Could be an air tube installation problem, don't really know.  But, not a real problem.

The first 30 or so miles I was not all that impressed for my $400 usd that I spent for the reFlash.  Since it was raining, I tossed the bike in the garage and waited for better weather.

Couple days later the weather dried and I took the C14 out for a proper romp.  Maybe 75 or so miles.

WOW  !!!

The bike came alive and was obviously faster all thru the shifting range.  I only revved the bike to 8500 or so since the front wheel wanted to come up.  Which is not my way of riding these days.

I could feel a bit of 'buzzing' in the grips/foot pegs ... and when I spoke with Joe, he said this was a result of the cam timing bump.  He said he could fix it if I felt it was unpleasant.  It's just 'different', not unpleasant ... at the moment.

Anyway, the bike is quite a bit quicker.  I'm happy with the reFlash that Joe and Dynotronics have done.  I rolled off a ZX14, so having a bit more ponies is well worth the cost IMO. 

BTW, I'm running the reFlashed ECU along with a Holeshot single street mid pipe/muffler.  I figure I have about 12 or so more ponies than stock ... along with a better look, and less weight from tossing the oem potato launcher.

I'm very pleased with the Dynotronic reFlash.
"I'm not a vigilante ... I'm just an undocumented border patrol agent."