Author Topic: top cases  (Read 9763 times)

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
Re: top cases
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2012, 04:50:16 PM »
that look like a small flying saucer landed on back of the bike:
You think a Givi looks like a flying saucer try riding behind a Connie with one of these mondo huge boxes.   :o

http://www.corbin.com/kawasaki/kc8trnk.shtml

Offline Xelvic

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2012, 05:34:39 PM »
You could think outside the box, or in this case, the top case, and find trunks that would work without being designed for the Connie. I offer up my own solution, which is a trunk made for a Baolima Italian motor scooter. It's definitely smaller than the usual cases out there, and has a style that some might find interesting at best and highly offensive at worse, but I kind of like it and it is different than the Givi's, that look like a small flying saucer landed on back of the bike:

I like it!! Who makes it and do you have a link?
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14

Offline Rocket Therapy

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2012, 05:42:49 PM »
I have the Kawi 47 trunk with Admore light kit (tail lights, brake lights, & blinkers) mounted on Phils rack with Corbin backrest, great setup IMO, and I like that the Kawi trunk is paint matched to my bike and Kawi badged.  :thumbs:

That's what I wanted but the color panels are back ordered and can't tell when I can get it. I likw it because of the color match and badge, may end up painting one

Offline Sea Level

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2012, 05:28:59 AM »
I like it!! Who makes it and do you have a link?

It was actually for sale by one of our own here on the forum, picked it up for fifty bucks. It was a horrible burnt orange color that I had my body shop guy paint black to match the bike. It has a lock and a mount for an antenna, if you're into that sort of thing. I'll try to find more photos of it in my computer, but it has a label on it that reads "Baolima" and research shows that Baolima is, or was, an Italian scooter maker.

Point is, if you online shop for "top cases" or "kawasaki caes" or something like that, you may be missing out on some unique luggage that can be made to fit.

Offline Xelvic

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2012, 08:23:36 AM »
It was actually for sale by one of our own here on the forum, picked it up for fifty bucks. It was a horrible burnt orange color that I had my body shop guy paint black to match the bike. It has a lock and a mount for an antenna, if you're into that sort of thing. I'll try to find more photos of it in my computer, but it has a label on it that reads "Baolima" and research shows that Baolima is, or was, an Italian scooter maker.

Point is, if you online shop for "top cases" or "kawasaki caes" or something like that, you may be missing out on some unique luggage that can be made to fit.

Thanks. I would like a small top box that's as wide or barely wider than the luggage rack and does not stick way out past the back of the bike. Anyone else have something like that?
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14

Offline BruceR

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2012, 10:42:02 AM »
Thanks. I would like a small top box that's as wide or barely wider than the luggage rack and does not stick way out past the back of the bike. Anyone else have something like that?
Look on Givi's site.  They have several topboxes designed for scooters that should fir the bill

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2012, 11:25:11 AM »
Coocase comes with "everything" you need, no buying separate mounting plate.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey