Author Topic: A change appears to be coming......  (Read 3923 times)

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
A change appears to be coming......
« on: September 13, 2012, 01:53:32 PM »
And tomorrow it is going to occur "hopefully". ;)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline snarf

• Arena
Re: A change appears to be coming......
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 01:55:15 PM »
Saaaaweeeeet ;D
I have been waiting four years for some "hope and change"  Its about damn time.
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 02:00:36 PM »
I've just been hoping they'd leave me the change.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 03:21:27 PM »
I hate change... >:(
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 03:32:39 PM »
I hate change... >:(
Send me five quarters in a self addressed stamped envelope and I will send you a crisp one dollar bill.  Problem solved and you can get rid of your grumpy face  ;D
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 05:54:10 PM »
Grumpy face stays and I know what's coming.... :'(
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 07:42:56 PM »
Grumpy face stays and I know what's coming.... :'(

Change aint always bad, and no I am not referring to the twit in the Oval office. I will be sure to post a pic of the change, should it occur.

Sincerely,

Benedict Arnold
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 07:59:06 PM »
 ;D :rotflmao:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2012, 04:27:49 AM »

Change aint always bad, and no I am not referring to the twit in the Oval office. I will be sure to post a pic of the change, should it occur.

Sincerely,

Benedict Arnold

Wait, I thought you were the twit?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Son of Pappy

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2012, 08:33:46 AM »
As the Clown Chief I hereby appoint Pokey the Chief Twit and I also declare that C is the Twit Chief.  Sorry C, he is your responsibility now :P
How's that for "Change"?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2012, 08:49:50 AM »
As the Clown Chief I hereby appoint Pokey the Chief Twit and I also declare that C is the Twit Chief.  Sorry C, he is your responsibility now :P
How's that for "Change"?

I think that you misspelled a word in there someplace Chet, replace a few of those i's with an a's please.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2012, 02:57:57 PM »
Is the Clown Chaef A hereby ippoint Pokey the Chaef Twit and I ilso declire thit C is the Twit Chaef.  Sorry C, he as your responsabalaty now :P
How's thit for "Chinge"?

I think that you misspelled a word in there someplace Chet, replace a few of those i's with an a's please.

Is that better?
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline Conrad

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2012, 03:00:28 PM »
Is that better?

Don't make me come over there.    ;)

Offline CigarSki®

• Arena
  • Newb again?
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2012, 04:15:05 PM »
I need to change the battery in my fob. Got a warning on the dash the other day. Working fine now though.
Wayne Sikorski aka CigarSki
2010 ZG1400 - South Jersey
COG 9250

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2012, 07:46:12 PM »
The only change that happened today was........what the hell was I thinking? The C14 is still in the garage, and we "re-bonded" over a 500 mile trek today. I am afraid it is a keeper......oh darn. ;)  The potential owner didn't like it, so I will just keep it now. Lets see if I can actually keep a bike for longer than 5 years, if any bike has a chance it will be this one. I think today was a sign, so I am listening. Now to get a few farkles I have been putting off.....life is good.  :thumbs:
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline CigarSki®

• Arena
  • Newb again?
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2012, 08:12:54 PM »
If you sold the 14, you would have to get back on a Strom. I often think about going back to a smaller bike...but this thing is still such a hoot.

Just about to turn 20k miles. The last two bikes hit 42k (VL800) and 46k (DL1000) before I traded them; got another 20k to start thinkin'.
Wayne Sikorski aka CigarSki
2010 ZG1400 - South Jersey
COG 9250

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2012, 08:26:39 PM »
If you sold the 14, you would have to get back on a Strom. I often think about going back to a smaller bike...but this thing is still such a hoot.

Just about to turn 20k miles. The last two bikes hit 42k (VL800) and 46k (DL1000) before I traded them; got another 20k to start thinkin'.

Funny......that is exactly what I was looking to trade for today. I would never go back to the 1000, the 650 is a much better bike and platform IMHO, hence why I was looking at getting a 650. I really like that new 2012 model, but I was looking at a 2011 today. Rode a helluva long way for the gentleman to not like my C14, but I am actually really happy in a way :)   Sometimes things are meant to be, and sometimes they aren't. I still do have a thing for the Strom I must say, maybe I will just "add" one to the stable someday.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2012, 03:42:08 AM »
 ;D   All is right with the world again.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 04:12:42 AM by VirginiaJim »

Offline Conrad

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2012, 06:36:29 AM »
The only change that happened today was........what the hell was I thinking? The C14 is still in the garage, and we "re-bonded" over a 500 mile trek today. I am afraid it is a keeper......oh darn. ;)  The potential owner didn't like it, so I will just keep it now. Lets see if I can actually keep a bike for longer than 5 years, if any bike has a chance it will be this one. I think today was a sign, so I am listening. Now to get a few farkles I have been putting off.....life is good.  :thumbs:

I'm glad to see that you came to your senses Pokey.

And you're right, life is good.