Author Topic: This is how it's done  (Read 4264 times)

Offline Conrad

This is how it's done
« on: September 04, 2012, 09:59:40 AM »
Watch security guard outdraw thieves

August 31,2012 Police released video showing three masked intruders' encounter with a quick-drawing security guard at an Internet cafe.

http://cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/bestoftv/2012/08/31/pkg-security-guard-shoots-thieves-internet-cafe.wesh.html
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: This is how it's done
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 10:51:25 AM »
He needs a pay increase!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline basmntdweller

• The Profile Brotherhood
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 12:15:33 PM »
Didn't that just happen a few weeks ago in another net cafe only it was an armed customer? Pretty similar results.

Matt
'09 C14
'98 DR-350
'11 Suzuki C50T wife's ride since she hates my Connie
'03 Honda CBR600RR track bike

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 12:34:21 PM »
Didn't that just happen a few weeks ago in another net cafe only it was an armed customer? Pretty similar results.

Matt
Yes it did.  Who knew those internet cafe's were so dangerous :o
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 04:00:50 PM »
Very well done.  Shoot, displace, use available cover (desk and podium), shoot and move again.
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline basmntdweller

• The Profile Brotherhood
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 04:12:02 PM »
Yes it did.  Who knew those internet cafe's were so dangerous :o

Heard they had something to do with internet gambling so lots of cash flow.

Matt
'09 C14
'98 DR-350
'11 Suzuki C50T wife's ride since she hates my Connie
'03 Honda CBR600RR track bike

Offline Conrad

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 04:45:33 PM »
Very well done.  Shoot, displace, use available cover (desk and podium), shoot and move again.

There you go.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 12:43:21 AM »
Violence of action by an aggressive & trained individual, will usually overwhelm a superior force. well done Sir.
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 05:19:52 AM »
I will betcha he is a Veteran.  Pshhh, a couple of thugs with guns is a drop in the bucket compared to what he probably has seen in his lifetime.  Just a guess.
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline Conrad

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 05:26:07 AM »
Violence of action by an aggressive & trained individual, will usually overwhelm a superior force. well done Sir.

Well, the bad guys had greater numbers anyway. 'Superior'? Nope. 

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 04:28:55 PM »
Well, the bad guys had greater numbers anyway. 'Superior'? Nope.

Haha! You are correct Sir!
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline graham downunder

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 05:16:56 PM »
He was probably ex law emforcement . Good Job done .

Son of Pappy

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2012, 10:33:43 PM »
Well done.  I wonder if he wants some movie tickets?

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2012, 03:24:32 PM »
Nice to see someone actually apply the principles and practices that they clearly spent time in training on.
Absolutly no hesitation on that fellows part in getting upright, and aggressivly persuing learned tactics...sweet.

In todays world, simply being armed, or having a carry permit, is not the same as training for scenarios such as that one.
It makes the difference of being a victim, others being harmed, or even controlling the situation and doing a "no-shoot", with the reactions that come from ...practice, practice, practice.....and more practice.
I have been out of the competitive arena for over 15 years, but still the confidence and learned responses are with me...albeit not as sharp and fast as when it was a weekly routine, but like riding a bike, still there....

a couple years back a few of us COG'rs were invited to a defensive carry shoot at a club near Natural Bridge Va. during a rally....we all looked forward to playing the game with them, even though it was "thier" game. I ended up shooting the course of fire using a 6" bbl .44 mag, as I didn't bring enough speedloaders for my other caliber wheelgun, and didn't have a suitable autoloader at the time.... it was interesting to shoot the wheelgun against the rest of them shooting .45 & 9mm Glocks.....
I wasn't the worst shooter on the line, nor the best, but I got a lot of respect for the scores I shot against them in these timed fire events, where they went thru 3 magazines @ each stage.... that's a tough nut to recreate using speedloaders, but practice and familiarity with my equipment was my grace.

Lotsa fun. I look forward to jumping back into the Practical/defensive shooting thing again, now that I have a place I can do reloading.

this stage was very similar to the security guards scenario, you had to take on 4 targets, 2 in the head, nearest to farthest, then 2 in the body, same order, both strong hand and weak hand.... to complete the stage. Thats 32 rounds from start to finish...... :'(

"Dad" shot well that day  ;)

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2012, 06:28:28 PM »
Well, there's speed loaders, and then there's SPEED LOADERS.  Don't blink.

World Record 12 Shots In Under 3 Seconds

A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2012, 06:57:11 PM »
Wow!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2012, 01:06:10 PM »
Well, there's speed loaders, and then there's SPEED LOADERS.  Don't blink.

World Record 12 Shots In Under 3 Seconds

customized cylinder and full moon clips make that possible.... using the common speedloaders is a bit slower I admit, but I have cleared a table during a bowling pin shoot firing 12 rds in 5 seconds flat using standard type speedloader w/ that .44 mag. :stirpot:

really pizzed off the guys on that round that were shooting customized .45 hardball rigs.... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..