Author Topic: 2015 connie [pre-release speculation]  (Read 104894 times)

Offline Cuda

Re: 2015 connie
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2014, 01:06:31 PM »
It's funny I use to use  ECO  a lot ... since the flash , NEVER ... spoiled.
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2014, 08:17:23 AM »
It's funny I use to use  ECO  a lot ... since the flash , NEVER ... spoiled.

I know the feeling. I want to save a little fuel but I just LOVE the extra torque!

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2014, 08:32:16 AM »
When I read posts from people looking for more power out of the C14, I wonder what other vehicles are in their garages.  The concours  is the most powerful machine I own and I rarely use all of the power available.
So what cars, trucks, boats, etc., do you guys have in your garages that make you want for more power out of the concours ?
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2014, 08:59:25 AM »

So what cars, trucks, boats, etc., do you guys have in your garages that make you want for more power out of the concours ?

A gas Volkswagen that wouldn't pull the skin off a grape...lol.
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2014, 09:06:36 AM »
When I read posts from people looking for more power out of the C14, I wonder what other vehicles are in their garages.  The concours  is the most powerful machine I own and I rarely use all of the power available.

I think it is just the nature of the adrenaline junkie. We always want more.  ;)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2014, 11:39:47 AM »

A Prius!  :rotflmao:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2014, 12:38:27 PM »
My other vehicles are a Suzuki 650 enduro and a pick up truck. The C14 is by far the fasted machine I have ever owned and that includes an airplane.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2014, 02:08:32 PM »
A Prius!  :rotflmao:
Man you need twin engines in a connie to get past that.  :rotflmao:

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2014, 04:33:39 PM »
I think it is just the nature of the adrenaline junkie. We always want more.  ;)

I am definitely not an adrenaline junkie.  My adrenaline only kicks up when I almost screw up big time.  I don't like that feeling at all. 
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2014, 05:17:22 PM »
Man you need twin engines in a connie to get past that.  :rotflmao:

Actually, stock power is sufficient.  I rode it down into southern VA on Sunday and back again.  I always fall in love with that bike every time I ride it.  It does have one glaring deficiency and that is that no matter what speed your at, it always wants to go faster than that.  The Prius isn't that awful bad ,especially in power mode (yes, it does have a power mode and an eco mode and pie ala mode if conditions dictate).
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2014, 05:31:12 PM »
I am definitely not an adrenaline junkie.  My adrenaline only kicks up when I almost screw up big time.  I don't like that feeling at all.

Which explains why your not looking for more power. I was speaking for many of us who do look for more power. Actually I was just speaking for myself.  ;)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2014, 04:41:24 AM »
Actually, stock power is sufficient.  I rode it down into southern VA on Sunday and back again.  I always fall in love with that bike every time I ride it.  It does have one glaring deficiency and that is that no matter what speed your at, it always wants to go faster than that.  The Prius isn't that awful bad ,especially in power mode (yes, it does have a power mode and an eco mode and pie ala mode if conditions dictate).

I like pie.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2014, 06:37:02 AM »
I like pie.

Mmmmmm... Pie..... 

Jim is right, I've never topped it out. Not even close. It always wants to go faster. I've topped out my Valk, VTX and Suzuki but never my C14. I like adrenaline but don't have the balls to 150+ on the street.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2014, 06:43:27 AM »
+1... 

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2014, 03:55:22 PM »
Seen 276kms (171ml) on my 07 Bandit with 1800rpm to go before rev limiter (private road in the prairies   ;)   )that was fast enough. Changed the final drive dropped 1 in front and added 2 in the back and it's never seen that kind of speed again.
No interest in topping out the Connie, for now anyways.
Figure the 2015 will have cruise, considering I waited 3 years then finally pulled the trigger and bought this years Connie.
 :chugbeer:

Offline 1jeep

« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2014, 06:10:51 AM »
I wouldnt be looking for more top end speed, i know someone that has had theirs up to 160 @5am on a lonely stretch of highway and he said that was fast enough. What i would like is a bit more roll on snap from it.

My other vehicle isnt a prius...2012 Ford superduty diesel.....far from being a prius, but it does put out 400hp.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 08:23:01 AM by 1jeep »

Offline Jim M.

• 2008 C-14
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2014, 08:39:46 AM »
Actually all my performance mods (Full AreaP exhaust and PCV) were done by the prior owner. He only had 2500 miles on it then had medical problems and couldn't ride any more. I've always enjoyed performance, even racing motocross for years, and have topped out every bike I've ever had (21)..........except this one. Just knowing it's capability and feeling the amount of acceleration it has is enough for me to know I've had enough. This bike is SOOOO tempting it's insane! But I really don't want to be scraped off the highway with a spatula. More than likely, the next bike will be a big tourer seeing how I've finally reached my limit. After this, I'll need something that isn't so damned tempting.

Offline 1jeep

« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2014, 08:58:30 AM »
Jim ...you'll be back! I just walked away from about 10 years of riding HArley tourers, my previous being a Ultra CVO. i just couldnt take any more of being that slow, loud, poor handling, overheating and poor braking! once i bought the connie as a second bike that harley was doomed, it hadnt moved in months till i finally just sold it.

Now im not going to say i will never own another HD, but for now i needed to return back to something more performance oriented.

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2014, 07:00:20 AM »
Now im not going to say i will never own another HD, but for now i needed to return back to something more performance oriented.

something more performance oriented than a Harley includes many, many vehicles, including this (perhaps too forward thinking for HD owners?):

Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline tomp

« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2014, 07:29:50 AM »
Granted, not your typical Harley, but it's kinda MOCO...and really fast, too...

Living in the Texas Coast...