Author Topic: Kwasaki 47l topbox ??  (Read 1450 times)

Offline Huero

Kwasaki 47l topbox ??
« on: January 14, 2012, 11:41:39 PM »
Does anyone know if the kawi top box comes with any insert for the top. I mean, i realize that you have  to buy a color matched insert for it to match the bike. But, does it come with a flat black one?

Thanks,
Huero

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Kwasaki 47l topbox ??
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 06:49:44 AM »
I would only think Kwak would paint inserts for the colours of the bike and not others.  If you want flat black you'll have to paint it yourself.  Kwak has not made a flat black coloured bikes.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline philipintexas

• Phils Farkels
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 07:42:12 AM »
If it's like other brands, I think if ordered without a colored top, it will be black as is the rest of the trunk. It will also come with a universal mounting plate.
Need a better luggage rack?  www.philsfarkels.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 08:05:26 AM »
And this is a big AND, assuming it attaches to the chocolate sandwich rear carrier somehow (not familiar with the Kwak box), get a metal carrier like Philipintexas sells.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline bbhzx12

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 07:54:45 PM »
It comes with no top, you must order a top trim piece.  You can use the box without it, but it has holes in it.

Offline Huero

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 07:58:23 PM »
Thanks fellas