Author Topic: finally did it, car tire on a C14  (Read 44265 times)

Offline booger

Re: finally did it, car tire on a C14
« Reply #120 on: January 08, 2012, 06:13:07 PM »
I dunno if it's previously been done on a C-14 or not.  But it's been done on a lot of other bikes, evidentially with some success.

I drive agressive and it's just not worth it to me.

Offline roland

« Reply #121 on: January 08, 2012, 06:21:03 PM »
 I guess Booger didnt read the beginning of the topic ? :banghead:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #122 on: January 09, 2012, 04:32:21 AM »
These were taken Sat. we went for a ride today and now just getting pcx. up. The chicken strip pcx is a line i painted accross the tire just to let me know (and you guys) where I am riding.... Not much to brag about but I still drag my shoes on turns w/no problems.... Just like the stock tires...

You're leaning over enough on a CT to drag your shoes?    :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline lt1

• 2008 C14
« Reply #123 on: January 09, 2012, 09:32:10 AM »
I dunno if it's previously been done on a C-14 or not.  But it's been done on a lot of other bikes, evidentially with some success.

I drive agressive and it's just not worth it to me.
I guess Booger didnt read the beginning of the topic ? :banghead:
Perhaps roland didn't read Booger's post?  Yes, on the crashed forum, there was a forum member who reported running a car tire on the rear for quite a while, but replaced it with a motorcycle tire when it wore out.
Eyes, Brain, Hands.  Repeat.

Offline EpicBadass

« Reply #124 on: January 09, 2012, 10:56:52 AM »
So I may have not done much research on the whole darkside thing but here's a good kicker... who runs a CT on the front wheel?  What's that tell you about how good a CT is for a bike if you can't run the same tire front and rear ?!?!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #125 on: January 09, 2012, 11:07:24 AM »
We don't run the same tire front and back.  They are different sizes and tread patterns.  Typically same mfg, though, and they are radials.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline EpicBadass

« Reply #126 on: January 09, 2012, 11:14:56 AM »
Nevertheless they aren't flat like a car tire though, no? LOL

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #127 on: January 09, 2012, 11:31:17 AM »
Most assuredly not...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #128 on: January 09, 2012, 12:32:58 PM »
This is the most winning-est topic and thread on the internet!

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline PH14

« Reply #129 on: January 09, 2012, 02:15:26 PM »
I think a car tire from and back would be great, there would be no need to put down the kickstand.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #130 on: January 09, 2012, 03:02:55 PM »

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #131 on: January 09, 2012, 03:46:03 PM »
Had one. I'll be damned if the first time I rode it I put my foot down coming to a stop and about broke my ankle with the footpeg.

Offline PH14

« Reply #132 on: January 09, 2012, 03:59:16 PM »
http://en-us.spyder.brp.com/showroom/build-your-spyder.aspx?vehicleID=e4f23b56-d92d-4411-9521-1af82db4d87e
 ;)

No thanks, although they would be perfect for the Winter. They just take up too much room, oh year, and I already have a car, I just rarely use it.  ;D

Son of Pappy

« Reply #133 on: January 09, 2012, 04:33:47 PM »
Winter?  I wonder how a chain would work on the 14 ;)  A chain in the rear and a tire sock up front?  Or maybe studs and a sock?

Offline PH14

« Reply #134 on: January 09, 2012, 05:11:50 PM »
Winter?  I wonder how a chain would work on the 14 ;)  A chain in the rear and a tire sock up front?  Or maybe studs and a sock?

I just use tire warmers, then ride really fast so they don't cool down before I'm done.

Offline roland

« Reply #135 on: January 09, 2012, 07:35:34 PM »
No applause, no applause, just throw money ;) I'm really glad that this has kept everone entertained and learning. WE all are different and ride different. I just wanted everone to know it is possible and works well for MY riding style..... 8)
I am sure it is not for everyone, and never suggested it, just wanted to let you know it works for me.

Cant remember who ask it but Yes I do drag my shoes with the ct. just like the mc tire. That was when I really felt safe, using the same corner with the same results....Nice and stable and predictible.
Al
Ps:
9 pages and still going strong :stirpot:

Son of Pappy

« Reply #136 on: January 09, 2012, 08:16:47 PM »
Since you are a guy who really likes a challenge do as Jettn Jim (and his KLR) did, carry some studs and stare danger in the eyes everytime it snows.

Saying this in all sincerity, you can honestly say you've been well informed and challenged by some of the best.  I can say I hope you prove me wrong.

Keep the flat side down and shiny side up ;D

Chet

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #137 on: January 09, 2012, 08:23:23 PM »
Yep, true enough because when we use motorcycle tires like we are supposed to, we put the same size tire on the front and the back.

Steve is right- this thread delivers.

Brian

So I may have not done much research on the whole darkside thing but here's a good kicker... who runs a CT on the front wheel?  What's that tell you about how good a CT is for a bike if you can't run the same tire front and rear ?!?!
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline cablebandit

« Reply #138 on: January 10, 2012, 07:45:26 AM »
Yes I do drag my shoes with the ct. just like the mc tire.

Wooptie-do.  That just means you need to get your feet up on the pegs where they belong when cornering.  ::)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #139 on: January 10, 2012, 08:17:03 AM »
Unless he's not using the front brake and doing the Harley Shuffle to stop.