Riding > Rides and Stories

Video: 2018 Mid Atlantic Meet

<< < (3/3)

PlaynInPeoria:
Mason City?  A guy that runs a local shooting event in Havana IL is there.

Oops, I said I was going to view the video and did not.  I emailed a link to it to my home email.   Hopefully tonight.

I am considering an upgrade to my camera now that I have decent software.   It seems my videos are shot in a wide angle, which makes things slower and the rider in front of me seem farther away. 

Where do you mount your GoPro on your C14?   I was considering getting a suction cup and mounting in on the lower fairing or the rear bag.  When it's lower, it seems faster.

Poseidon:
I grew up in Easton and Mason City. Still have family in both towns, Havana, and several other small towns in that area.

I mounted the GoPro on the top of the clutch Master Cylinder. Im not real happy with the results there tho. The edge of the windshield goes right down the middle of the video. I need to find another location. I am planning to us a Ram Ball Mount next. That way I can try different length arms to position in where I want it. If it works out, I may have to try my luck with AST and order a second Ram adaptor from him so I can have a Ram Ball on both sides.

The video in the first post of this thread was just my wife using her cell phone to record some video when we were riding 2up. Unfortunately, part of it was recorder in portrait view and part in landscape.

PlaynInPeoria:

--- Quote from: Poseidon on November 12, 2018, 06:47:01 PM ---I am planning to us a Ram Ball Mount next. That way I can try different length arms to position in where I want it. If it works out, I may have to try my luck with AST and order a second Ram adaptor from him so I can have a Ram Ball on both sides.

--- End quote ---

I had a RAM ball mount on my C14 clutch perch (replaced the back half of the clutch holder with a part that has a RAM mount ball on it).  I used a 6 inch arm mounted at a 45 degree angle upwards to get around the windscreen.  You can still see the windscreen but it's not bad.  Also, I just loosen it slightly and pivot the arm to straight up so it's not out catching bugs when I'm on the interstate.

Ebay and Amazon have a bazillion options for RAM mount stuff.

The downside is, that 45 degree angle combined with the somewhat flexy nature of my setup makes my video look like you're on acid (and not the good stuff either?).  I'm hoping a camera upgrade will take care of that.

I watched your video, I enjoyed it.  The only complaint is that you switched between pictures maybe a second too fast.  I found them interesting and wanted to keep looking but it flipped to the next one quickly.  Other than that, I really liked it.

OK, critique mine now. I can take it, I'm a big boy.

Poseidon:

--- Quote from: PlaynInPeoria on November 13, 2018, 12:08:39 PM ---I had a RAM ball mount on my C14 clutch perch (replaced the back half of the clutch holder with a part that has a RAM mount ball on it).  I used a 6 inch arm mounted at a 45 degree angle upwards to get around the windscreen.  You can still see the windscreen but it's not bad.  Also, I just loosen it slightly and pivot the arm to straight up so it's not out catching bugs when I'm on the interstate.

Ebay and Amazon have a bazillion options for RAM mount stuff.

The downside is, that 45 degree angle combined with the somewhat flexy nature of my setup makes my video look like you're on acid (and not the good stuff either?).  I'm hoping a camera upgrade will take care of that.

I watched your video, I enjoyed it.  The only complaint is that you switched between pictures maybe a second too fast.  I found them interesting and wanted to keep looking but it flipped to the next one quickly.  Other than that, I really liked it.

OK, critique mine now. I can take it, I'm a big boy.

--- End quote ---

My Hero7 really smooths out the vibrations. It’s not like the YouTube software that makes it look like you are recording thru clear jello either. I was impressed with how well it works. Definitely worth the upgrade if you can.

I’ll have to go back and watch your video again if you want a critique. When I watched it before, I was just enjoying the ride and remembering that stretch of road.

I did the photos quick because the video was already 6 mins. Most people these days don’t have attention spans that long. Point taken tho. I’ll leave the stills up just a little longer on future videos. Thanks! I really appreciate the feedback!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version