Author Topic: Ohh No A Rear Tire Thread  (Read 22441 times)

Offline gpzrocker

Re: Ohh No A Rear Tire Thread
« Reply #100 on: March 18, 2012, 05:13:20 PM »
Balanced the tires: front 1/2 ounce (011 Verge) , rear 1 3/4 ounce (890 Journey). Haven't rode it yet, will still try to do a quick run tonight. Quick question: 80Ft lbs for rear axle torque right?

Offline Boomer343

« Reply #101 on: March 18, 2012, 08:38:44 PM »
Book says 81 for the rear axle nut but I'd say you would be close enough....heck it's impressive that you are using a torque wrench.....VBG

Going to be mounting a set of Avons, 110 80 18 Storm front and the 150 80 16 rear Azaro....looking forward to a better ride than the Metzlers 880's that are on there.

Nobody wants to discount the Shinkos here in Canada....paid $265 for the Avon set with free shipping so figured that wasn't too bad.....

Wish I could have sprung for CRockers ZRX front end and the meanstreak wheel that was on the For Sale Board but it wasn't to be...

Offline Pfloydgad

• When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
« Reply #102 on: March 18, 2012, 09:22:42 PM »
600 miles on the Journey now. Doesn't show any wear at all so far. Got into a pretty good downpour today, and it stuck like glue, and i tried to push it on a long sweeper and a 3/4 round on-ramp, no problems at all.
I will recommend this tire for any of you needing one, I really like the feel, and if i get the miles I'm looking for I will twice as happy.
There you go, the wet and dry review.
Ride safe all,
Greg
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?

Offline gpzrocker

« Reply #103 on: March 19, 2012, 05:43:44 PM »
Gonna make a new thread for the Journey radial, would love for your input Greg and anyone else.