Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 889195 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #1520 on: September 21, 2015, 04:54:08 PM »
I know I read that somewhere....oh well..

You sound a lot like me.  CRS
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gggGary

• Wisconsin heart of the great white north
« Reply #1521 on: September 21, 2015, 06:24:18 PM »
Heck you could ride a Connie through that warranty at 80MPH, especially if the brakes, oh um never mind.
08B 73.5K miles

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #1522 on: September 24, 2015, 06:55:43 PM »
Finished installing my new EBC front rotors and new bolts today. Went for a ride and holy crap are they quiet. Still a little spongy as the pads havent quite seated with the new rotors yet but they feel oh so smooth.

never mind the missing rotor bolt in the pic. i installed them on the bike while i was wating for the new bolts. They came today and they all brand new and shiney.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1523 on: September 25, 2015, 09:55:25 AM »
Nice! I'll be doing the exact same thing with the exact same rotors this weekend. I didn't order new bolts for the rotors. But I did get new bolts for the brakes as one of mine is wallerd out a bit and almost couldn't get it off. So I also got a new torque wrench to make sure they don't get put in too tight.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #1524 on: September 25, 2015, 11:15:12 AM »
Have a kid at work with a new Z1000 talking smack. He lost when the light turned green. It was a lot of fun.
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #1525 on: September 25, 2015, 02:30:44 PM »
Nice! I'll be doing the exact same thing with the exact same rotors this weekend. I didn't order new bolts for the rotors. But I did get new bolts for the brakes as one of mine is wallerd out a bit and almost couldn't get it off. So I also got a new torque wrench to make sure they don't get put in too tight.

I would recommend new bolts or heat up the old ones and use a quality hex wrench when taking them off.They have factory Red locktite on them. Most of mine were almost wallered out and i didnt want to risk it. I found the cheapest place to get the bolts was partzilla think it was around $25 delivered for all 10. Here is what most of mine look like after I remove them

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1526 on: September 25, 2015, 02:55:36 PM »
I would recommend new bolts or heat up the old ones and use a quality hex wrench when taking them off.They have factory Red locktite on them. Most of mine were almost wallered out and i didnt want to risk it. I found the cheapest place to get the bolts was partzilla think it was around $25 delivered for all 10. Here is what most of mine look like after I remove them

Sounds like good advice. Now I have to wait another week to do this. Thanks for the info!

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #1527 on: September 25, 2015, 03:06:15 PM »
Sounds like good advice. Now I have to wait another week to do this. Thanks for the info!
Yea i figure with $400 worth of rotors whats another $25 for new bolts.
Here is a link to the bolts on partzilla for my 08 im sure they are all the same but you should double check.
http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/kawasaki/KP-92150-1771.html

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1528 on: September 25, 2015, 03:42:28 PM »
Have a kid at work with a new Z1000 talking smack. He lost when the light turned green. It was a lot of fun.

:)

But we have bags, so of course our bikes must be "slow"
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #1529 on: September 25, 2015, 08:08:37 PM »
:)

But we have bags, so of course our bikes must be "slow"
Big electric windshields, heated seats and grips, GPS mounts, trunks and backrests.
And one last thing, Homeboys that know how to ride.
Sorry Sailorchic, Chicks too. 8)

sailor_chic

« Reply #1530 on: September 27, 2015, 11:34:24 AM »
Thanks Jimmy  :)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1531 on: September 27, 2015, 12:02:14 PM »
Big electric windshields, heated seats and grips, GPS mounts, trunks and backrests.
And one last thing, Homeboys that know how to ride.
Sorry Sailorchic, Chicks too. 8)

Especially those that ride a Vmax...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1532 on: September 28, 2015, 10:45:54 AM »
Yea i figure with $400 worth of rotors whats another $25 for new bolts.
Here is a link to the bolts on partzilla for my 08 im sure they are all the same but you should double check.
http://www.partzilla.com/parts/detail/kawasaki/KP-92150-1771.html

So this weekend I thought I'd start the process and remove the old rotors. I had absolutely no problem removing the old bolts. So I cleaned them up, applied a little blue loctite and installed my new EBC rotors. New rubber, new brakes, feels like a new bike.  :banana :banana

sailor_chic

« Reply #1533 on: September 28, 2015, 10:10:05 PM »
I bought a Baldwin Grand touring seat for my bike. I just received shipping confirmation from him today and my seat should arrive soon!

Offline rhhall

• Arena
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #1534 on: September 28, 2015, 10:38:41 PM »
I bought a Baldwin Grand touring seat for my bike. I just received shipping confirmation from him today and my seat should arrive soon!
Didn't you have a Laam?
Why the switch?
rick
08 Connie ABS(totaled)
14 Connie

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1535 on: September 29, 2015, 07:22:03 AM »
Also while replacing front rotors and tire I took a look at the front TPMS that hasn't worked for 2 years since I last replaced the battery. The battery still read 3.2v so I re-soldered it thinking it might have a cold solder joint. I tried to activate it before putting it back by swinging it around on a string. No go. I assumed I had damaged the unit and just put it back on the rim anyway. First ride the front TPMS is now working and quite accurate. Reads exactly what my dial tire gauge reads. Now that I live in a warmer climate, I no longer have the low TPMS battery panic screen. Why oh why didn't they make these with a simple battery replacement. I would replace the battery every time I put on a new tire.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #1536 on: September 29, 2015, 08:22:41 AM »
Also while replacing front rotors and tire I took a look at the front TPMS that hasn't worked for 2 years since I last replaced the battery. The battery still read 3.2v so I re-soldered it thinking it might have a cold solder joint. I tried to activate it before putting it back by swinging it around on a string. No go. I assumed I had damaged the unit and just put it back on the rim anyway. First ride the front TPMS is now working and quite accurate. Reads exactly what my dial tire gauge reads. Now that I live in a warmer climate, I no longer have the low TPMS battery panic screen. Why oh why didn't they make these with a simple battery replacement. I would replace the battery every time I put on a new tire.
I can't wait until my next tire change. Those things are outta here and replaced with plain ol' valve stems. Goodbye flashing panic cluster.
I'm a grown man. I can tell when my tire is low, and can verify with my gauge.

Offline KevinRLi

• I avoid normal people.
« Reply #1537 on: September 29, 2015, 11:18:35 AM »
I can't wait until my next tire change. Those things are outta here and replaced with plain ol' valve stems. Goodbye flashing panic cluster.

Not me. While I haven't had the need to replace them on my 2012 yet they saved my butt a couple of times. Nail in the tire on the highway resulting in a slow leak was picked up. Major slash in a tire one morning going to work also notified me right away. I wouldn't ride without them knowing they can save my butt.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1538 on: September 29, 2015, 11:38:45 AM »

I'm a grown man approaching 60 and anything that has to do with safety on the bike stays.  I always want to make it to the next birthday in one piece.  My most favorite screen is for tire pressure.  If you are concerned about the warning screens, change the batteries when you change the tires.  It's not that big of a deal.  I've done both of mine.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1539 on: September 29, 2015, 12:05:51 PM »
I'm a grown man approaching 60 and anything that has to do with safety on the bike stays.  I always want to make it to the next birthday in one piece.  My most favorite screen is for tire pressure.  If you are concerned about the warning screens, change the batteries when you change the tires.  It's not that big of a deal.  I've done both of mine.

That's my new plan. In fact I'm going to order some battery holders (http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/BS-5/BS-5-ND/275304) and install these and replace the batteries with every tire change.