Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 890033 times)

AlbertaDoug

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #1460 on: August 20, 2015, 06:06:52 AM »
I just bought some kawasaki front pads online and they were $102

If you could you post a link that would be great  :) . Even with paying the Duty and exchange and shipping I'm sure I'd still save $$.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1461 on: August 20, 2015, 06:46:15 AM »

If you could you post a link that would be great  :) . Even with paying the Duty and exchange and shipping I'm sure I'd still save $$.

From Ron Ayers...http://www.ronayersmotorcycles.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=2803588&category=Motorcycles&make=KAWASAKI&year=2013&fveh=137611

Babbits....

partszilla...

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #1462 on: August 20, 2015, 08:03:44 AM »
Thanks. I was extremely happy about the fit and finish.

I got it on ebay if your interested:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Racing-CNC-Quick-Lock-Release-Fuel-Cap-Kawasaki-Concours-14-2011-2012/151725186078?_trksid=p3693.c100102.m2452&_trkparms=ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140212121249%26meid%3D04d050d189714b6e8ca5ee0a6c60f7f0%26pid%3D100102%26
Thanks for the link. I just bought one too. My key hole was getting corroded and I was gonna end up breaking a key off in there if I let it go much longer. No amount of lube or penetrating oil was going to fix it.
Also broke down and disassembled some bodywork and cleaned my K&N filter this morning. Had about 20,000 miles since the last cleaning. It's drying as I type this.
The grass isn't always greener.

AlbertaDoug

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1464 on: August 20, 2015, 03:59:49 PM »
Thanks for the link. I just bought one too. My key hole was getting corroded and I was gonna end up breaking a key off in there if I let it go much longer. No amount of lube or penetrating oil was going to fix it.

Funny you should mention that.  I am having the same problem and it is on my list to take it apart and fix it... and I planned to have a thread for it with photos and such.  Just need some time...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #1465 on: August 20, 2015, 08:00:47 PM »
35 bucks and done?

Sign me up. 8)
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1466 on: August 20, 2015, 09:36:03 PM »
35 bucks and done?

Sign me up. 8)

Some of us do like the idea of a lock... preventing tampering with or theft of the fuel.  Although there are many days I thought "why bother?"
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline tomp

« Reply #1467 on: August 20, 2015, 10:00:40 PM »
Seems we've had locks on our motorcycle gas caps since the oil embargo of the early 70's, here in the USA.  Only bike I've had with a screw-on cap in decades, is a Harley Dyna, which I still own.  Old skool-"who needs a stinking lock" attitude for sure.  The touring models have locks, but for $10.00 a replacement button is available.  With gas prices dropping, stealing a few bucks worth of gasoline seems senseless, today. 
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1468 on: August 21, 2015, 03:33:50 AM »
Kind of senseless back then too. I know when I was stealing gas it never crossed my mind to try to siphon 5 gallons of gas from a 3-4 gallon motorcycle tank.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1469 on: August 21, 2015, 04:49:20 AM »
Kind of senseless back then too. I know when I was stealing gas it never crossed my mind to try to siphon 5 gallons of gas from a 3-4 gallon motorcycle tank.

That's right, go after those easy to siphon pick-up truck tanks instead. LOTS more fuel in them babies.  ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Diamondhead

« Reply #1470 on: August 22, 2015, 08:22:25 AM »
Just bought Doglover's AK20'S and Penske shock...and new fork seals and a some new PR4 rubbery goodness...should be nice in a weekor so
Sport-Touracologist

2010 Candy Neptune Blue
05 C10 gone but not forgotten

Offline rwnielsen

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1472 on: August 23, 2015, 01:02:20 PM »
Not only did I fix the gas tank cap http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=20069.0  I also fix my gooey seat controller http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=20002.0 and adjusted the throttle cables.  Wow what a difference adjusting those cables just a tiny bit can make!  Greatly improved my two hour ride afterward.

I also finally got around to "fixing" a tiny (1.5mm?), round, paint flaw on the top section of the gas tank.  It almost looks like a rock chip, but how it happened there, I don't know.  Has been annoying me for several months and even with keeping the bike "waxed", it still rusted.  So I cleaned it, put on rust convertor, waited 24 hours, wiped it, then used a toothpick and silver touchup paint to fill it (two coats so far).  Results are not bad, surprisingly.

Oh, and I washed the bike and added 3psi to the tires to bring it back to 42psi.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1473 on: August 23, 2015, 02:16:40 PM »
Oh, and I washed the bike and added 3psi to the tires to bring it back to 42psi.

:yikes:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #1474 on: August 23, 2015, 02:21:09 PM »
Oh, and I washed the bike..

YOU DID WHAT????.......OH OH trouble ahead.  ;D

I also finally got around to "fixing" a tiny (1.5mm?), round, paint flaw on the top section of the gas tank.  It almost looks like a rock chip, but how it happened there, I don't know. 

Probably not your fault, especially if it is right through the primer to the metal. Those have been showing up at random times in different year models. I think the '12s got it worst, one finally showed up on my '10. I think for awhile they were even getting new tanks thru warranty, but I don't think that lasted for long. I could probably find more threads of it if I logged in over there...but I won't.

http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php?topic=59166.msg454737#msg454737

edit: V'Jim, u b fast!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1475 on: August 23, 2015, 02:43:38 PM »
Probably not your fault, especially if it is right through the primer to the metal.

Yep, it was all the way to metal.  Two of them just appeared out of nowhere and with no associated scratches or other issues.  One larger (1.5mm) and the other very tiny (0.5mm).

Those have been showing up at random times in different year models. I think the '12s got it worst, one finally showed up on my '10. I think for awhile they were even getting new tanks thru warranty, but I don't think that lasted for long. I could probably find more threads of it if I logged in over there...but I won't.

Yeah, I remember reading about them appearing in other threads.  Perhaps some type of occasional issue with the painting/prep.  Hopefully what I did will "fix" it and no more will appear.  I would hate to go through a warranty hassle for it.  Kinda hard to prove it was not caused by physical damage (rock, tool falling, etc).

Offline Cruise Missile

« Reply #1476 on: August 26, 2015, 07:39:48 PM »
New Air Filter, and a TWO Bros exhaust. Wow the Connies like to Breath!. cleaned up some wiring uglies.. Getting ready for a week long trip .

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #1477 on: August 27, 2015, 12:25:18 AM »
New Air Filter, and a TWO Bros exhaust. Wow the Connies like to Breath!. cleaned up some wiring uglies.. Getting ready for a week long trip .

Where ya headed for your trip?
Ride safe and enjoy.

Offline Diamondhead

« Reply #1478 on: August 28, 2015, 07:34:02 PM »
Changed oil T6...rear end and brake fluid. AK20'S and Penske arrived with PR4S and will go on Monday
Sport-Touracologist

2010 Candy Neptune Blue
05 C10 gone but not forgotten

Offline banditrider

• Two wheels are all you need!
    • Off for a ride
« Reply #1479 on: August 29, 2015, 01:35:45 AM »
New PR4 GT's and replaced the batteries in the TPS.
'08 Concours 14: Rad guard, Stebel, Oxford Hot grips, Projekt D Screen, Hugger, GPS mount, helmet locks & fender extender, Zumo 550, Stebel, Phil's rack & Givi V46, Sheepskin seat cover, Phillips Extreme vision +100 bulbs.