Author Topic: Question about hauling bike  (Read 6708 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: Question about hauling bike
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2011, 01:40:12 PM »
many many of us have had no issue with canyon dancers.  but you'll always have one in the crowd that tightens them or finds some way to have a problem.  I've seen sport bikes with the clipons bent and it was blamed on the canyon dancers! 

there is no need to go crazy tightening them to stress anything. And the side to side motion of a vehicle, you could turn sharp enough to roll it and you shouldn't break the cast bars on the bike.
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline timbo

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2011, 07:22:20 PM »
I got a pair of the canyon dancers 2, they have platic cups that slide over the ends of the bars instead of the straps tightening on the grips. Works great.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2011, 08:29:21 AM »
I got a pair of the canyon dancers 2, they have platic cups that slide over the ends of the bars instead of the straps tightening on the grips. Works great.

Nice!  On the old version we simply used some PVC to avoid any tension on the straps.  I guess a great product got better, enjoy!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline incabird

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2011, 11:00:25 PM »
I use a Condor mount in my trailer (toyhauler) and just use tie downs at the rear foot peg mounts. I put just enough tension to keep the back of the bike from moving side to side. This works great and you put very minimal pressure on the forks.
2009 Red ZG14 w/typical farkels
Mentor, OH