Author Topic: What size well nut?  (Read 4941 times)

Offline Kwikasfuki

• Uk GTR Forum
What size well nut?
« on: August 14, 2011, 12:12:58 PM »
Removing the fairing today and the rubber well nut gave way.

Anyone know what size well nut I need to replace? Or do I need the Kawasaki part which I think is 92015A but I'm not sure.

This is from where the well nut has given way (circled in green)

Offline Texas Concours14

Re: What size well nut?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 12:54:00 PM »
Murphs sells well nuts (http://www.murphskits.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=130_136).
I bought some just to have on hand, because they do tend to fall off into a black hole when fiddled with.
2010 C14 ABS

Offline C1xRider

• Where did all the posts go?!??
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 01:22:24 PM »
I bought some SAE well nuts from the local Ace Hardware store.  They had several sizes on hand.  I didn't look for metric at the time, but it might be a faster option if you have some good hardware stores near you.  Of course Murphs is usually pretty fast, within a couple of days anyway.
--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 02:11:08 PM »
I have yet to see a hardware store carry metric well nuts...

If you find some, buy a few.
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 03:03:48 PM »
They are 5 mm. As another poster already said, Murph has them at a more reasonable price than any dealer; I think he sells them in packages of 5, which is great to have a few lying around as they do fail now and then. I have not lost any but I have had a few crack from aging and drying out.

Brian

Removing the fairing today and the rubber well nut gave way.

Anyone know what size well nut I need to replace? Or do I need the Kawasaki part which I think is 92015A but I'm not sure.

This is from where the well nut has given way (circled in green)

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com