Author Topic: Kipass extra large fob 2011 concours 14  (Read 2705 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Kipass extra large fob 2011 concours 14
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2021, 07:36:29 AM »
Great.  But just to be sure it was done right, remove the batteries from the active fobs and check that the passive function of all 4 work.

:goodpost:

Yeah, hate to be non-trusting, but that is a good idea.  You don't want to be stranded one day.  They do have to program both the active AND passive RFID separately in the larger FOBs.  I could easily see them doing only the active RFID portion.

Also, don't forget to order the correct metal key (A or B) and have that cut, to put inside the FOB, or you will be in for a surprise when you can't open the gas tank or panniers :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2021, 08:07:49 AM »
:goodpost:

Yeah, hate to be non-trusting, but that is a good idea.  You don't want to be stranded one day.  They do have to program both the active AND passive RFID separately in the larger FOBs.  I could easily see them doing only the active RFID portion.

Also, don't forget to order the correct metal key (A or B) and have that cut, to put inside the FOB, or you will be in for a surprise when you can't open the gas tank or panniers :)

Trust but verify.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2021, 08:17:06 AM »
Trust but verify.

Verify and then trust :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2021, 06:45:24 PM »
...and carry a big stick.