Author Topic: Is there helmet hooks under the seat?  (Read 7414 times)

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
Is there helmet hooks under the seat?
« on: July 02, 2011, 12:12:46 PM »
I thought someone said there was.  I can't find them.

Offline XHarleyRider

Re: Is there helmet hooks under the seat?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 12:17:38 PM »
No helmet hooks sir.  Unless you install your own.

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 12:20:10 PM »
No helmet hooks sir.  Unless you install your own.

I can't believe you can't lock a helmet on this bike.  Gear will fill up the bags.....boo.

Offline Bourne2Ride

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 01:08:29 PM »
I can't believe you can't lock a helmet on this bike.  Gear will fill up the bags.....boo.
Even with my tire repair kit and mini compressor I can fit a helmet in the bag. I just stick the bulky objects int the helmet head opening and no problems with space.
Save the Connie and Save the world!
- Heroes

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 02:16:49 PM »
I suppose a helmet hook/lock would have prevented another computer being added?  I can hear the engineers now..."You forgot WHAT????"

Offline So Cal Joe

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 02:25:24 PM »
Many different ways to lock a helmet to the bike. This one is only cost a few dollars and takes about 1 minute
But 1 or 2 of these

remove 1 or 2 bolts that hold the rack on and this is a direct replacement for it, like this

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once

Offline XHarleyRider

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 02:46:11 PM »
I use a bike lock for my helmet....cost about ten dollars.  I have an extra large helmet and matching head so my cover does not fit in a side bag.   If I recall correctly most of my old Japenese bikes had the flip-up seat/helmet style lock.  I don't know why this bike couldn't have one of those low tech type locks.  I'm surprised someone on here hasn't already designed one.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 03:57:07 PM »

I'm confused Mike, I thought you only wore one of these riding in Wisconsin, can't you just run a cable through one of the cheese holes...  ;)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2011, 04:12:21 PM »
Someone probably did. The important question here is: How long have you been looking for this supposed hook?

Are you sure you have looked everywhere? Hmmmmm?

;)

A long time ago someone bought a used C-14 and did not get an owner's manual. That person mentioned how he did not know about certain features of the bike for months.... I mentioned the only sad part would be if he did not know about the reverse function and had been pushing the bike backwards with his feet for all that time.

Brian

I thought someone said there was.  I can't find them.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2011, 10:34:34 PM »

XHarleyRider is incorrect.  There is a stock helmet hook welded onto the stock frame under the seat.  I can go take a picture of it if people require proof.  I think it is an extremely inconvenient place to try and lock a helmet, but they did give you a way.

Search is also nice:

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=293
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=760
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2011, 07:21:11 AM »
I use a bike lock for my helmet....cost about ten dollars.  I have an extra large helmet and matching head so my cover does not fit in a side bag.   If I recall correctly most of my old Japenese bikes had the flip-up seat/helmet style lock.  I don't know why this bike couldn't have one of those low tech type locks.  I'm surprised someone on here hasn't already designed one.

Really? Mine fits in the bag no problem. Did you try taking your head out of it first?    ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline XHarleyRider

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2011, 08:03:59 AM »
Really? Mine fits in the bag no problem. Did you try taking your head out of it first?    ;)
  Funny!!

XHarleyRider is incorrect.  There is a stock helmet hook welded onto the stock frame under the seat.  I can go take a picture of it if people require proof.  I think it is an extremely inconvenient place to try and lock a helmet, but they did give you a way.

Search is also nice:

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=293
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=760

I think I found the hook your talking about but I'm not sure.  I located two hooks on the left and right side under the seat near the bags.  They seem like they are set too far inboard for my helmet D-ring to reach.  So, I think I must be looking in the wrong place.  Whatever the case my bike lock seems more convenient.  But for the sake of the discussion you are correct. 

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2011, 09:24:24 AM »

:rotflmao:

Offline XHarleyRider

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2011, 10:10:22 PM »
XHarleyRider is incorrect.  There is a stock helmet hook welded onto the stock frame under the seat. I can go take a picture of it if people require proof.  I think it is an extremely inconvenient place to try and lock a helmet, but they did give you a way.

I believe you are correct but if you have a pic that would be great. :)  Thanks for your help.

Offline booger

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2011, 10:58:06 AM »
On the 2011 there are helmet hooks under the seat, I assume it is true for the 2010 also.  I can't remember if it is one or two, however.

I can't speak for 2008/2009.

I didn't see any under my 09 seat

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2011, 12:10:26 PM »
OK, I have officially gone senile.  I was remembering the hooks FROM MY OTHER BIKE.  The Concours does NOT have helmet hooks under the seat.  I apologize for the confusion and have scrubbed my other relevant postings.

I will go flog myself now...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2011, 12:48:48 PM »
OK, I have officially gone senile.  I was remembering the hooks FROM MY OTHER BIKE.  The Concours does NOT have helmet hooks under the seat.  I apologize for the confusion and have scrubbed my other relevant postings.

I will go flog myself now...

Are you sure Max??  :-\
My helmet hooks are right below my yellow tail running lights...  :stirpot:

;)

Offline CRocker

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2011, 12:51:01 PM »
Someone probably did. The important question here is: How long have you been looking for this supposed hook?

Are you sure you have looked everywhere? Hmmmmm?

;)

A long time ago someone bought a used C-14 and did not get an owner's manual. That person mentioned how he did not know about certain features of the bike for months.... I mentioned the only sad part would be if he did not know about the reverse function and had been pushing the bike backwards with his feet for all that time.

Brian

Classic! :rotflmao:
'02 C-10

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2011, 01:33:03 PM »
Ask any squid out there, sure they know the best ways to mount a helmet on their bike.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2011, 03:35:49 PM »
Ask any squid out there, sure they know the best ways to mount a helmet on their bike.
They strap it through the hole where the turn signals used to be.