Author Topic: Stupid question!  (Read 3035 times)

Offline mikeeitup

Stupid question!
« on: April 09, 2016, 03:56:05 PM »
So I put LED headlight bulbs in and now the rubber boot wont fit over the thing. How stupid would it be to not have them on with my new lights?
~Mike~
~2012 Black Connie~

Offline zarticus

• Arena
Re: Stupid question!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 07:38:45 PM »
So I put LED headlight bulbs in and now the rubber boot wont fit over the thing. How stupid would it be to not have them on with my new lights?
You can cut the boots a little to make the hole bigger so they will fit. Very easy  :chugbeer:
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14 -  Candy Arabian Red
2014 Kawasaki Vaquero - Candy Burnt Orange
1986 Honda V65 Magna - Black
1984 Honda V65 Magna - Black

Offline mikeeitup

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 07:46:01 PM »
That's what I guess I will do in the long run BUT they will never be as waterproof because they'll be cut so I ask is it seriously necessary
~Mike~
~2012 Black Connie~

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 07:57:25 PM »
There are no stupid questions... but there are are stupid thread subject descriptions :)  LOL!

Can't blame you for not wanting to cut.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline RandyN

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 06:40:31 AM »
When I put an LED bulb in one of my bikes the big base, which has a fan and heatsink in it, could twist and disconnect so I could put the rubber boot on. I then reconnected the the fan/heatsink. Can't say yours does this but check instructions.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 08:18:26 AM »
When I put an LED bulb in one of my bikes the big base, which has a fan and heatsink in it, could twist and disconnect so I could put the rubber boot on. I then reconnected the the fan/heatsink. Can't say yours does this but check instructions.

Depending on the outcome of this ↑, if yours don't come apart then I'd send 'em back and order some that do. I have these no cutting required.

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 03:48:18 PM »
Depending on the outcome of this ↑, if yours don't come apart then I'd send 'em back and order some that do. I have these no cutting required.

+2  Thats what I got and installed with the rubber boots just fine, nice improvement in lighting too.
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645