Author Topic: Concours vs R1  (Read 19337 times)

Offline Cuda

Re: Concours vs R1
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2013, 06:46:15 PM »
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline Cuda

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2013, 06:58:01 PM »
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 07:54:04 PM by Cuda »
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2013, 07:17:38 PM »
So Steve you race a Honda rite

Stock

Had a Honda but I sold my race bike. There is always a 600 knee dragger of one brand or another in my garage and so far the little high winders are all good for 106-110 HP peak on the dyno

and I don't think I can ring a 10 sec quarter out of a C14, but then again I think you'll agree most can't.  Lee locally bought one and he's fast. He races ZX14's and tests for Brocks and such. He bought a C14 and will have it at our track soon. Looking forward to his times.
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Cuda

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2013, 07:47:57 PM »
Cunningham performance here in Naples races a 2013 ZX14 air shifter , Brocks ect, We should meet a Bradenton sometime this winter , I would like him to run my bike first to give me a little insight , then I'll try , I never drag raced a bike at the track, In boat drag racing the start is EVERYTHING.
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline aspire61

• 08 concours + 85 madura 1200
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2013, 08:16:01 PM »
I was talking 1/8th of a mile on my 600, and if you care too I'd appreciate lining up with your bike sometime...win or lose.
back to R1 topic, I won;t just kill the C14 I'll murder it

I doubt it steve. All of the small sportbikes have their power at the top- the very top. What makes the concours great is the wide power band. Instead of looking at the horsepower only, I also like to consider the torque in the lower rpms.  The 1/4 mile times for the R1 are very close to the concours.
Does that mean your 600 will easily take the R1 then?

mat

p.s. forgot to mention i only burn regular gas, no scamsoil, no k&n and no battery tender.... but two keyfob batteries.
No mans opinion is entirely worthless- even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2013, 08:38:08 PM »
Cunningham performance here in Naples races a 2013 ZX14 air shifter , Brocks ect, We should meet a Bradenton sometime this winter , I would like him to run my bike first to give me a little insight , then I'll try , I never drag raced a bike at the track, In boat drag racing the start is EVERYTHING.

+1 lets do that! the bikes run better in the cold and we'll have a blast anyway.

its all about the 1st 60' launch in bike drag racing, thats why I can't ring a 10 out of mine like the select few that have.

its the knee drag type tracks that I'm into anyway, I've never spent enough time on a drag strip to learn it
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2013, 08:38:49 PM »
I was talking 1/8th of a mile on my 600, and if you care too I'd appreciate lining up with your bike sometime...win or lose.
back to R1 topic, I won;t just kill the C14 I'll murder it

I doubt it steve. All of the small sportbikes have their power at the top- the very top. What makes the concours great is the wide power band. Instead of looking at the horsepower only, I also like to consider the torque in the lower rpms.  The 1/4 mile times for the R1 are very close to the concours.
Does that mean your 600 will easily take the R1 then?

mat

p.s. forgot to mention i only burn regular gas, no scamsoil, no k&n and no battery tender.... but two keyfob batteries.

I've owned from 125CC to ZX14, and i'd have NEVER have known that...thanks for the info =)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2013, 08:41:09 PM »

just saw that.... hey i rode my BIKE FROM NAPLES today.  I had no idea a forum brutha was down that way

Offline galaxieman

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2013, 10:29:24 PM »
its all about the 1st 60' launch in bike drag racing, thats why I can't ring a 10 out of mine like the select few that have.
The front 60' is why I think I've got a shot at managing a sub-11 out of a stock bike at sea level.  The 11.36 I ran was in Tucson at just over 3000' elevation, so I'm sure I've got a few tenths on the back end, and as seen in the video earlier, launching at 7k is worth a couple on the front end.

its the knee drag type tracks that I'm into anyway, I've never spent enough time on a drag strip to learn it
I wouldn't be any good at it if I hadn't gotten the 2 day course with Rickey Gadson.  I learned an insane amount about launching a bike well in those 2 days at the track.  However, even if I can manage to get SWMBO to let me get a ZX-14R, I'd keep the wheelbase stock so I could go fast around corners with it as well...
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparat bellum.

Offline Cuda

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2013, 02:39:53 PM »
Steve you better take your bike in for service :rotflmao:

http://youtu.be/xgGYe5LV4sM
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline Cuda

« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2013, 02:45:26 PM »