Author Topic: In the wind again  (Read 11063 times)

Offline KawiG

Re: In the wind again
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2012, 08:14:51 AM »
Spotted A silver 2011 in cycletrader for 12,900. May go look this weekend. :D
Live Fast and Ride Free, when we're no longer free....Ride Fast.

Offline okxd45

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2012, 09:18:14 PM »
Welcome sir! I like the silver too............almost as much as the faster red. :D
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline KawiG

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2012, 09:30:16 PM »
i thought they quit making the red one in the 70's :-X

Offline okxd45

« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2012, 09:38:06 PM »

The Big Red One......? ???
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2012, 04:42:58 AM »

I like this guy.

Go get you that Silver!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline PH14

« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2012, 08:29:02 AM »
You missed this lively thread?

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=6116.0

Not knowing what kind of oil the previous owner or dealer put in your bike when they prepped it, you will need to purge your engine of any old oil following the instructions in this thread: http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=6255.0

Offline KawiG

« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2012, 09:00:55 PM »
good news I'll be picking up my bike in april!!! Gonna do the corbin seat with backrest for my girl, put some miles on her real quick....then we heading to the Smokies at the end of may! silver 2011 for 15 2 otd....I'm countin the days!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2012, 04:48:18 AM »
good news I'll be picking up my bike in april!!! Gonna do the corbin seat with backrest for my girl, put some miles on her real quick....then we heading to the Smokies at the end of may! silver 2011 for 15 2 otd....I'm countin the days!

Sweet!

What's wrong with March?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sea Level

« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2012, 05:44:51 AM »
Gonna do the corbin seat with backrest for my girl, put some miles on her real quick

Jeez, take her out to dinner first or something.  ;)

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2012, 08:28:27 AM »
But I will ask one favor...if i start asking how to make the bike faster just a week or two after I get it...please talk some sense into me ::)

sorry, but if you're looking for sense, this might not be the right place.
Let the farkling begin!!!  8)
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline KawiG

« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2012, 06:28:11 PM »
sea level i just don't know what to say...that was funny as hell ;)

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2012, 09:05:16 PM »
Congrats!!!  Take what these allot of these peeps say with a grain of salt...  I bought 1983 Shadow 750 as my one and only street bike back in 1988 and put about 3k miles on it over a few years while on college.  I bought "A Silver" 08 last Jan and love it so much I put over 27K miles on it this past year and plenty of $$$ in farkles and continue to enjoy it everyday.   I had tons of experience dirt riding and I knew that a bike only goes as fast as you twist the throttle so remember ride your pace and enjoy! 

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2012, 09:06:43 PM »
Congrats!!!  Take what these allot of these peeps say with a grain of salt...  I bought 1983 Shadow 750 as my one and only street bike back in 1988 and put about 3k miles on it over a few years while on college.  I bought "A Silver" 08 last Jan and love it so much I put over 27K miles on it this past year and plenty of $$$ in farkles and continue to enjoy it everyday.   I had tons of experience dirt riding and I knew that a bike only goes as fast as you twist the throttle so remember ride your pace and enjoy!

Forgot to mention I also have taken 4 MSF courses over the past year as well cause one can never have to much training.  :)

Son of Pappy

« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2012, 11:50:25 PM »
Well, since you asked nicely.  Jamie at Fuelmoto has a few nice items, get the Full AreaP, PCV, Autotune, and yank dem flies.  Once you have that done pick up a set of ZX14 Throttle Bodies.  Mount a set of Angels, and then start saving for a turbo kit.  Next up will be a set of Baker handwings and a Throttle Meister.  You already have the seat in order,, but what about the screen?  A Cee Baileys Eurocut works for me during our wetter days and a Shad46 would be my recomendation.  If you need an immediate overnight fix see www.murphskits.com he is the best.
These bikes come from the factory so stripped of power they would be suitable for an MSF basic course ;)  If your'e interested they do have some shower bars that fit nicely on the front, avoid the chrome tho, it will make your bike about as quick as a 20 year old sportster...  Welcome to our world, just remember, the last guy who asked a question without searching for an answer was immediately turned into the KIPASS mascot, his name is Kirby.