Author Topic: New Pirelli Angels but a Problem HELP  (Read 9942 times)

Offline jailcop

Re: New Pirelli Angels but a Problem HELP
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2011, 11:24:02 PM »
well why dont you pull it and see if it gets better or worse?
 You could mark the spot and put it back  if it got worse but i suspect it will smooth out ..Also go back to recomended PSI.  The lower pressures seem to amplify out of balance  errors.
I'm going to pull the weight tomorrow and try it. PSI was changed to 42 front and rear but nothing changed.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2011, 11:32:27 PM »
If you ran the front tire at less than 42 pounds air for any speed or lenth of time, check tire for cupping. It doesn't take much at low pressure to cup them and it may be slight and very hard to see.

if you suspect they are slightly cupped, you may be able to run them with a little too much air.  May ride rougher, but won't may eliminate the nasty results you're ridng on now.
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline jailcop

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2011, 11:37:16 PM »
If you ran the front tire at less than 42 pounds air for any speed or lenth of time, check tire for cupping. It doesn't take much at low pressure to cup them and it may be slight and very hard to see.

if you suspect they are slightly cupped, you may be able to run them with a little too much air.  May ride rougher, but won't may eliminate the nasty results you're ridng on now.
The tire was new. 0 miles. Dealer set it at 35, I changed it to 42 thinking that was the problem. There is only 100 miles on the tires.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2011, 12:12:42 AM »
The tire was new. 0 miles. Dealer set it at 35, I changed it to 42 thinking that was the problem. There is only 100 miles on the tires.

Oh, oops. My apologies.
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Eric119

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2011, 12:28:36 AM »
Got home just in time to beat the rain so I can’t change the pressure now but could this be the problem. Never had this on this bike and this is the 3rd set of tires. First Pirelli’s though.

Be very careful in the rain. I was warned by Motorcycle cops that rain them last winter (Portland Ore) They said the tires were really unstable on wet surfaces. Had an unpredictable slip. I was about to buy a set but changed my mind after discussing the the tires with them. They now run Mich Pilot P2s and like them. Since these guys ride year round except during ice, I trust their feed back.

Offline Zteve

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2011, 04:37:06 AM »
I had the same problem (turned out to be bad tires) with two Avons. It will be interesting to know the outcome.

Offline jailcop

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2011, 07:47:54 AM »
Not happy. I told the dealer I can’t drop my bike off this week because I have no way to get home. They want it there for a few days. They think it’s a bad steering head. They want $100 to come pick it up. I said it’s NOT going to be a bad steering head maybe the torque is not correct but it’s not going to be bad at 9000 miles. I still insist it’s most likely the tire and that’s not my fault. I can’t even take it to another dealer to check it out because if it ends up being the tire they have to be the ones working on it. Not sure what to do from here haven’t rode the bike in a week but I have a ride this coming weekend.

Offline jailcop

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2011, 04:58:53 PM »
Not happy. I told the dealer I can’t drop my bike off this week because I have no way to get home. They want it there for a few days. They think it’s a bad steering head. They want $100 to come pick it up. I said it’s NOT going to be a bad steering head maybe the torque is not correct but it’s not going to be bad at 9000 miles. I still insist it’s most likely the tire and that’s not my fault. I can’t even take it to another dealer to check it out because if it ends up being the tire they have to be the ones working on it. Not sure what to do from here haven’t rode the bike in a week but I have a ride this coming weekend.

There picking it up tomorrow. My insurance will pay for the pick up then if it turnes out to be someting they did or the tire they won't charge anything. At least that's what they said we shall see.

Offline Shadowofshoe

• Arena
  • Mastiff pup/human pup
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2011, 01:32:41 PM »

You are doing the right thing.......anything that even remotely reminds me of tank slappers will put me into a fetal position.....long live mid-80's XL-600's ::) ::)

Mike
Sooooo....we are about to be a Nation that makes you prove you have insurance-but it's not necessary to prove that you are indeed a Citizen of that Nation?

Offline jailcop

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2011, 08:24:28 PM »
The dealer called me tonight (Montgomeryville Cycle) and there telling me that 3 people drove the bike and there not feeling anything wrong. I don't get it, how are they not feeling this. I told them take it to 50MPH on a nice road and let go of the left grip and look at it. The bar will be shaking back and forth. You can feel it with out letting go but just trying to make it easy.

Offline PH14

« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2011, 09:42:45 PM »
Be very careful in the rain. I was warned by Motorcycle cops that rain them last winter (Portland Ore) They said the tires were really unstable on wet surfaces. Had an unpredictable slip. I was about to buy a set but changed my mind after discussing the the tires with them. They now run Mich Pilot P2s and like them. Since these guys ride year round except during ice, I trust their feed back.

I ran these through the Winter here in Pittsburgh and am still running them and they have great wet weather characteristics. Okay, for that matter, they did okay in snow.

Offline jailcop

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2011, 01:30:26 PM »
The dealer called. They said hey, we think your front tire is bad were going to replace it. (no kidding). Going to pick it up now. Wish me luck.

Offline DaveO

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2011, 02:38:22 PM »
did you ever pull all the weights?

Offline jailcop

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2011, 04:50:44 PM »
did you ever pull all the weights?

Yes, only the front one..No change.

Offline jailcop

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2011, 04:52:06 PM »
New front tire is on and the bike is smooth as glass.